MarkKol

Gaining muscle = waste of time

138 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Staying healthy is important but has nothing to do with muscle mass.

Only healthy thing about muscle mass is increased bone density. 

Posted (edited)

People on the gym nowadays are not really training, they are just hanging out with their bros. Doing here and there some soft exercises, they train like a pussy and are not serious.

When I was younger I trainied so hard my nose was bleeding and I couldn't wear my tshirts off because of total muscle exhaustion. I have so much muscles doctors cannot believe I don't take steroids. I have an full symmetrical 8 pack. If I stand near a disco, girls come to me thinking I am a security guy. People were following me in the supermarket to see what I eat etc. There were tons of such events.

I always eat clean and healthy and work hard in the gym. And that's enough combined with good genetics to have a lot of muscles in a healthy way. It's so simple!

Edited by OBEler

1 minute ago, Peo said:

Only healthy thing about muscle mass is increased bone density. 

Incorrect.

You did not evolve to have over 600, energy-costly muscles in your body just for bone-density purposes.

Bone-density is one important reason, yes. But there's more to it than that.

@Leo Gura But I know many guys, who get laid just because of their muscles and fit physique. Every girl find a muscular guy more attractive than a skinny guy. Thats just facts.

16 minutes ago, Sufi25 said:

@Leo Gura But I know many guys, who get laid just because of their muscles and fit physique. Every girl find a muscular guy more attractive than a skinny guy. Thats just facts.

That's not why they get laid. They get laid just because they are good looking regardless of the gym ratry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura So these guys would get laid even if theyd be skinny af with no muscles? its just their looks?

If you love practicing sports or you are some kind of Athlete. Going to the gym can prevent injuries. 

45 minutes ago, Sufi25 said:

So these guys would get laid even if theyd be skinny af with no muscles? its just their looks?

Let’s try 3 sets of 30 seconds staring into woman’s eyes and find out.

54 minutes ago, Sufi25 said:

@Leo Gura So these guys would get laid even if theyd be skinny af with no muscles? its just their looks?

There are many factors to getting laid. Muscles are near the bottom of the list.

1 hour ago, Sufi25 said:

Every girl finds a muscular guy more attractive than a skinny guy. Thats just facts.

Who's facts?

Posted (edited)

Why are we criticizing the average gym rat? There is no reason to as far as you’re concerned building muscle and exercising is highly valuable because it will increase your total mitochondria and lower insulin, increase BDNF production and overall make you younger and healthier. Building an athletic strong body literally makes you younger and smarter. Forget the reasons other people are doing it, focus on why you should be doing it.

there also seems to be hints of self deception where you’re trying to justify the fact that you don’t want to go to the gym and making the claim that going to the gym is stupid. A biased position a conflict of interest.

just the power of BDNF production should be enough to get you in the gym and taking all this seriously.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

4 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Who's facts?

Feelings don’t care about you’re facts.

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Feelings don’t care about you’re facts.

Who's facts and feelings? I was not asking about my facts or for your smart-arse little opinion. It was a simple question that a child in 5th grade could and would answer for themselves. 

Edited by Jehovah increases

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Staying healthy is important but has nothing to do with muscle mass. Gaining muscles mass is often done by comsuming unhealthy things.

Gym rats are not doing it for the health.

Muscle mass promotes good health directly by increasing insulin availability, monitoring blood sugars, supporting amino acids and cytokine proteins in the immune system, activating neurotransmitters in relation to mood, such as with serotonin or different endorphins.

Muscle mass also reduces overall risk factors with daily activities, making them easier. It strengthens bones, tendons, etc. All these things help delay aging and aid in mobility when we get older. Not to mention weight lifting and general exercise’s positive effect on the heart, circulation.

Your point about having the muscles we need is a wild take. A lot of people do not even have physical jobs- they do not need any muscles, according to those claims. Yet, strengthening themselves would serve them well. Not for looks. Not to over-lift. A very gentle, light-weight, full range of exercises that are lifting based.

This is well published. There’s no incentive behind lying about it either. Plenty of people live lives where, sure, they take creatine, protein powder, etc. But plenty just eat a lot of meat, eggs, veggies, etc. Still, masses of people void from any marketing or business profits agree with this.

Muscles do not have to be massive, but we should not just be skinny either.  Not if we can help it. And it can be done without the ‘gym rat’ esc. And it can be done regardless of genetics or most instances. Yes, genetics sets the bar for how much work it takes and what you even get to work with.

But I am blown away by your take on this. Is it to push back against the gym culture? There are plenty of meat heads. I don’t like them either. This has nothing to do with them.

Imagine saying the mind has just enough for what it needs and we shouldn’t learn anything or educate ourselves.

We grow the mind not because we wouldn’t be fine on some well fare system. Anyone can live 50 years in America and hardly do a thing. We grow the mind because we can prepare it for more than it’d ever need to and it serves us in what we do.

The body is the same. Climbers rope is the same. Computers. Cars towing ability. AC. Ect. All of them perform best in environments where they are ‘rated’ above the factors of which they endure. 

Nobody wants to climb a mountain on rope rated for 150lbs. A car pulling a camper on the edge of its capacity sucks. Computers, maxing out the settings they’re actually even rated for- overheat. It always works out better to get the pc that can handle more than what you’re running.

Am I missing something here?

I could list more and more on why weight lifting specifically is good. Nobody is advocating for anything extreme here.

Edited by yetineti

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

When I was younger I trainied so hard my nose was bleeding and I couldn't wear my tshirts off because of total muscle exhaustion. I have so much muscles doctors cannot believe I don't take steroids. I have an full symmetrical 8 pack. If I stand near a disco, girls come to me thinking I am a security guy. People were following me in the supermarket to see what I eat etc. There were tons of such events.

Lmao so you are like the warrior of your pic

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

I always eat clean and healthy and work hard in the gym. And that's enough combined with good genetics to have a lot of muscles in a healthy way. It's so simple!

For you! I'm 2m and thin. It takes me a lot to of training and healthy food to increment my weight. There are very wildly differences on body types (Mesomorph, Ectomorph, Endomorph). Guess who are you and who is me. There's a lot of deepness in any of these discussions about health, fitness and sports.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

Having a good body gives you more confidence. After working out and gaining some muscle in last few months I can see shift in myself, I feel good about myself. Maybe this confidence in my body will help me get laid. But I have got laid even without a well build body in past.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, yetineti said:

I could list more and more on why weight lifting specifically is good.

Weightlifting is good for health. But again, that's not what gym rats are doing. Lifting weights does not even equate to muscle mass that much. I could squat 500lbs and my body will not look my bulkier. Most girls would not even notice.

In fact, the best way to bulk up is not to gain muscle but to eat 50 gallons of ice cream and put on 30lbs. Girls will notice that more.

Edited by Leo Gura

Having a good physique can definitely enhance your appearance, and physical attractiveness can be just as important as charisma in attracting someone. However, the most valuable aspect of going to the gym shouldn't be solely about building muscle mass. It's a fantastic way to improve your overall health and well-being, boosting your confidence, self-esteem, and discipline. The benefits are undeniable, as long as you maintain a healthy balance and avoid becoming overly obsessed with aesthetics.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Weightlifting is good for health. But again, that's not what gym rats are doing. Lifting weights does not even equate to muscle mass that much.

I can tell you that as a gym rat you pretty sure get a lot of the same benefits a weightlifter would get. As I told you I am such a gym rat. I am 38 years old but people think I look in my 20s. My blood picture is perfect. I don't even need evidence from outside, I feel I am a lot more healthier than before I became a gym rat. Also I saw my friends slowly become a gym rat too and they tell the same.

I don't know what your definition of a gym rat is, but for me a gym rat lifts at least some weights and eats a lot of protein and less sugar/carbs. This alone has so many positive effects compared to negative on your health you cannot deny that.

You just choose an excuse to not go to the gym ;)