creativepursuit

Who else live completely alone?

23 posts in this topic

I have been living completely alone for a few years now, and I think my rest of life will be spent like this. I am starting to accept this way of life as the norm.  I am looking for some inspiration and examples of people who have survived their lives alone, travelling, minding their business, making money, self-development, art, and poetry. Do you have something to read or watch for me?

Posted (edited)

That's mostly how I live.

If your inner world becomes rich and deep enough it basically becomes more rewarding than most things the outer world could offer you.

Most people live lost in the external world, like children lost in an amusement park.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most people live lost in the external world, like children lost in an amusement park.

Till the moment an Alligator appear and snatch them. AKA death.

Me. I absolutely love it. I couldn’t imagine living with people ever again.

Posted (edited)

I live alone since my awakening 3 or 4 years ago and have since bought the house. The amount of thinking time you get to just be yourself and act schizophrenic allows for immense growth. I have grow more these 4 years than I could have with others.

It all happened very specifically to help me. I never lived alone my entire life then my step dad left then my mom left then I quit my shitty job, woke up spiritually and got a new job to help me open up. Then my mom sold me the house which came out of nowhere for 30 thousand dollars 20 thousand under its value. And have been alone since. God want me to be alone.

Edited by Hojo

I’ve been living alone since 2018, and it’s great!

4 hours ago, Hojo said:

to just be yourself and act schizophrenic allows for immense growth

could you elaborate? im interested 

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Posted (edited)

@mmKay let your imagination go. Our imaginations are being crushed and focused in certain directions. You cant be yourself fully around others because of societal norms. Once alone for long periods those go away. Its not realized how much your brain is working to fulfill societies norms until you stop doing them and acting how you want. Your brain will stop thinking about other people depending on how deprived you get.

There are many times i burst out weaping alone

Edited by Hojo

@Hojo i totally get what youre saying, i was curious about specific things that you speficially find yourself doing 

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

I live alone and it's amazing, not gonna lie. I also combine it with travelling. For example, I moved to Kazakhstan from Russia two years ago and travelled all over the country. It was mind-opening and akin to a psychedelic experience. Now I'm in India, as a solo traveller, I work remotely and my job funds my travels. My inspirations are Ikkyu, Li Po, Ryokan you name it. Wandering sufis, zen hermits, Daoist poets who also treasured solitude and appreciated travels. 

Freedom and independence for me are the most important perks of living alone

Dont get married....it's the ultimate trap....

Posted (edited)

I'd wish.

Edited by UnbornTao

A lot of animals live like that too. But what do you mean by "completely alone"? Are you referring to living as a single person, or more about minimizing involvement in society altogether? There's a big difference between avoiding marriage and family and avoiding friends or even strangers.

I just re-listened to Leo's video "Socialization Makes You Stupid," and it resonates a lot with where I'm currently at and what I'm working on. But it also made me think about emotional intelligence - and how that's maybe a part of developing the side of wisdom that is love? And maybe that's impossible to develop without going through a bunch of relationships? but then again, it's super clear to me, that I end up performing more stupid that I am, to be able to connect when socializing. It happens so automatically that it's almost like I don't have control over it. Scary to become aware of.

I suppose one would need to have accumulated some wisdom before choosing to avoid socialization more intentionally. Without self-awareness, this avoidance could be more about escaping or giving up on relationships rather than an honest preference?

Just some thoughts.

Regarding resources, maybe these two:

and  

2 hours ago, Sine said:

A lot of animals live like that too. But what do you mean by "completely alone"? Are you referring to living as a single person, or more about minimizing involvement in society altogether? There's a big difference between avoiding marriage and family and avoiding friends or even strangers.

I just re-listened to Leo's video "Socialization Makes You Stupid," and it resonates a lot with where I'm currently at and what I'm working on. But it also made me think about emotional intelligence - and how that's maybe a part of developing the side of wisdom that is love? And maybe that's impossible to develop without going through a bunch of relationships? but then again, it's super clear to me, that I end up performing more stupid that I am, to be able to connect when socializing. It happens so automatically that it's almost like I don't have control over it. Scary to become aware of.

I suppose one would need to have accumulated some wisdom before choosing to avoid socialization more intentionally. Without self-awareness, this avoidance could be more about escaping or giving up on relationships rather than an honest preference?

They mean living in a house or apartment alone and not having a live-in spouse. Which is a good move in my opinion if you want to pursue consciousness work. You don't have to drive every sports car to know that it's a low consciousness distraction. Also relationships are the real escapism move. Avoiding relationships is smart no matter the motive. Wisdom can come through silence and careful observation. 

I split between being completely alone and not being alone. I’m currently exploring how my mind works in both instances.

On 6/28/2024 at 2:26 AM, creativepursuit said:

I have been living completely alone for a few years now, and I think my rest of life will be spent like this. I am starting to accept this way of life as the norm.  I am looking for some inspiration and examples of people who have survived their lives alone, travelling, minding their business, making money, self-development, art, and poetry. Do you have something to read or watch for me?

I can do this and would say it’s most of my life except for sex. I love sex and women so I keep that in my life but even then, it’s pretty solitude. Like Leo said, I find my own company and contemplating God so rich and fulfilling there’s little the outer world can offer above that 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

On 6/29/2024 at 8:29 AM, enchanted said:

Dont get married....it's the ultimate trap....

The more I contemplate it really seems this way. The best is when you have lovers

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

15 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

The more I contemplate it really seems this way. The best is when you have lovers

Wouldn't you want to marry the love of your life?

@BlessedLion honestly that sounds like you have the perfect set up. Access to women but able to maintain a life of mostly solitude. I’m  finding that I can’t have the former if I keep too much of the latter! Unless the universe changes its mind for me