VictorB02

Presidential Debate + RFK

404 posts in this topic

@mrPixel

4 hours ago, mrPixel said:

I think it depends on who you ask. Put two different people with opposing values in the same room and have them watch a debate. Each will tell you that the debate had a different outcome. I am concerned by those who watch a debate and care more about "strength" than they do truth.

It's a hard balance to strike. Being too for the truth will make you unpopular and fringe, but being too charismatic makes you fake. From my contemplations debating happens due to 2 egos having fundamental differences in their preferred lies they believe in. In order to make their beliefs and lies believable, they have to consensus reality around debate topics with an audience to persuade. Which is why I claimed rhetoric strength, in actuality, is what gets you somewhere than blunt truth. I wish it was different but it's the way of debates go, the way of SURVIVAL.

To that end, best case we can hope and have faith for, is a smaller democracy. Like a Margaret Thatcher mixed with some democracy, like the Romans. Speaking about her, that's that I kind of mean with a smaller democracy being good and better than larger ones because we needed a decisive leader. During the Falk Island wars most of cabinet was divided and bickering about going to war with Argentina over Islands GB has. Margaret Thatcher decisively leads them to that conflict, because Argentina invaded those Islands that had some British people there. Not responding then would be seen as weakness by Argentina and they could've done worse.

Biden looks like a totally different person in comparison to 2020 debate.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

On 6/27/2024 at 11:05 PM, Leo Gura said:

Newsom's political optics are so good. He really should have ran this cycle.

The problem is that so many other states maliciously hate California that people would probably vote against him in fear of the whole country being like CA. 

Living in CA myself, I don't like all of his policies or how he's handled some things but he's at least competent. I'd vote for him over Larry Elder for governor again any day. 

Edited by Zega

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Zega said:

so many other states maliciously hate California

That's just a right-wing narrative. Don't buy into it.

California is so overpopulated because it has been the most successful state in the country.

Red states dream of California's success.

Yes, California has it's problems but most states do. The whole US is not gonna turn into California because California has a progressive supermajority. We have the opposite problem nationally.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's just a right-wing narrative. Don't buy into it.

California is so overpopulated because it has been the most successful state in the country.

Red states dream of California's success.

Yes, California has it's problems but most states do. The whole US is not gonna turn into California because California has a progressive supermajority.

California is the best example of how bad the left/woke can be.

From personal experience it became so bad to live there. Crime, homelessness, taxes, prices etc..

You also left Cali and for a good reason 

@Yimpa

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Testing that with family is a challenge.. may even require a cultural war, so to speak.

Only do that if you're prepared to part ways with the family.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Heaven said:

California is the best example of how bad the left/woke can be.

From personal experience it became so bad to live there. Crime, homelessness, taxes, prices etc..

You also left Cali and for a good reason 

The only problem I got with Cali is that it is overpriced and overcrowded because everyone would love to live there.

Of course you gotta find the right areas. There are plenty of bad areas. But OC is great.

Cali traffic is bad, but so is Austin traffic. Austin is full of homeless too.

Edited by Leo Gura

Both sides are selling a simple solution to a complex world. The far right says to go back whilst the far left says to push forward, the right are nostalgic, the left utopian. The extremes from each side feed each other like a snake eating itself. Each overreach by one side justifies the other's existence. The more the left pushes, the more the right can claim they're under attack. The more the right resists, the more the left can paint them as backwards dinosaurs.

Take Biden's tone-deaf declaration of Trans Visibility Day on Easter Sunday - a move that might play well in coastal echo chambers but lands like a slap in the face to Middle America's deeply held beliefs. Every rainbow flag raised in a gentrified neighborhood is seen as another middle finger to rural / suburbanite Americans. Each symbolic woke gesture is a Hawk Tuah on tradition, a woke spit on that thang.

The establishment Democrats widen this chasm by catering to far leftists, but end up playing into the reactionary hands of the religious right, who position themselves as the last defenders of traditional values. No surprise ''Christ is King'' was trending online and the introduction of Nick fuentes on twitter having people among the right anticipate his ratio's of Jordan Peterson and many figure heads for not being America first, but Israel first.

@zazen

1 hour ago, zazen said:

Both sides are selling a simple solution to a complex world. The far right says to go back whilst the far left says to push forward, the right are nostalgic, the left utopian. The extremes from each side feed each other like a snake eating itself. Each overreach by one side justifies the other's existence. The more the left pushes, the more the right can claim they're under attack. The more the right resists, the more the left can paint them as backwards dinosaurs.

Take Biden's tone-deaf declaration of Trans Visibility Day on Easter Sunday - a move that might play well in coastal echo chambers but lands like a slap in the face to Middle America's deeply held beliefs. Every rainbow flag raised in a gentrified neighborhood is seen as another middle finger to rural / suburbanite Americans. Each symbolic woke gesture is a Hawk Tuah on tradition, a woke spit on that thang.

The establishment Democrats widen this chasm by catering to far leftists, but end up playing into the reactionary hands of the religious right, who position themselves as the last defenders of traditional values. No surprise ''Christ is King'' was trending online and the introduction of Nick fuentes on twitter having people among the right anticipate his ratio's of Jordan Peterson and many figure heads for not being America first, but Israel first.

Propaganda, polarization, binary thinking, group think, white washing history, and few others along with developmental factors is what we have now. Maybe less news and taking the news less serious might help.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, zazen said:

Both sides are selling a simple solution to a complex world. The far right says to go back whilst the far left says to push forward, the right are nostalgic, the left utopian. 

There are elements of truth in this, but remember that there are developmental aspects to left-right politics.

The right is far worse about forcing simple solutions on a complex world, because conservative psychology has its roots in fear, projection, and a denial of Reality.

The Left is of course also capable of reductionist thinking (an idealogy like Marxism can be a good example of this). But the ways that the Left denies Reality tends to be more subtle, and less aggressively ignorant, than thinking that all your problems are because of feminism or immigrants, for example.

It's been reliably shown that as people become more educated they become more Liberal. Moving Left entails being able to think more in terms of systems and systems thinking, which is why topics like Systemic Racism or Structural Inequality are incomprehensible to people who lack this capacity.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

33 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

As I said, sweet poetic justice. 

You are seeing karma in real life ladies and gentlemen. 

Posted (edited)

@Bobby_2021 America is far from being perfect of course, but it is by far and with a big gap the best option to control the world order in comparison to the alternative superpowers.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The only problem I got with Cali is that it is overpriced and overcrowded because everyone would love to live there.

Of course you gotta find the right areas. There are plenty of bad areas. But OC is great.

Cali traffic is bad, but so is Austin traffic. Austin is full of homeless too.

These indigenous people just got their homes back

Posted (edited)

@Yimpa

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

These indigenous people just got their homes back

Yeah good showcase of stage green, stage orange and stage purple thinking. Nice trees and hills. I'd pick a hill to settle on if this was Civ 5 or Unciv, a nice start for a 4-6 city of population 80, or if this was a liberty wide empire it'll be a 10-14 city of population size 100-110. Yeah depending on nearby empires, city states, maybe barbs, I won't be deforesting and boosting my hammers for production towards some buildings or units.

Edited by Danioover9000

Posted (edited)

First interview since debate

I’m the guy B|

Edited by Yimpa

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

First interview since debate

I’m the guy B|

He looks and sounds better, the spray tan helped. Still, how he refuses to get a cognitive test, and his refusal to see himself as failing, will be the end of him. The media is going to end him, I’m sure they have damning things they can release and then the party will be forced to 25th amendment him. 

This is the product of being around yes people. 😀

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Merkabah Star said:

the spray tan helped.

Trump rubbed himself off on Biden.

Corruption at work.

Edited by Leo Gura

The orange god has lots to go around. 🤡

“To be clear: I don't think Biden tanked the debate on purpose. I think he used the resulting media circus to get his accomplishments out.” -Beautfc