AtmanIsBrahman

How to Know if You've Had an Awakening?

31 posts in this topic

How do you know if you've had an awakening? Is it really such an undeniable realization that you know for sure is true, like Leo and other teachers have said? What about self-deception... and what does it really mean to be conscious of something...

Let's say I'm conscious that reality is infinite in this moment. But what does that really mean?

Do I know that since reality is one by definition, that there cannot be any other reality to impose a limit on reality, and therefore reality is limited? This is a sort of intellectual understanding, but it is understanding nonetheless.

Does it mean that I have an unusually imaginative mind and I can imagine a fractal that appears as infinite in my minds eye? But what about all the other ways the fractal could manifest, what about all the other things besides the fractal, what about cat infinity, video game infinity, all infinities - the infinite set, the set of all sets?

If I've taken a psychedelic and feel a cosmic connectedness combined with visuals of fractals or something similar, and get a feeling that I have seen infinity and I am infinity, the godhead, the absolute, have I really become conscious of infinity-- and if so, to what extent?

28 minutes ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

How do you know if you've had an awakening? Is it really such an undeniable realization that you know for sure is true, like Leo and other teachers have said? What about self-deception... and what does it really mean to be conscious of something...

Well if I hit you with a stick on the head, you sure would be conscious of it, would you? Undeniable so, wouldn't it be?

If I've taken a psychedelic and feel a cosmic connectedness combined with visuals of fractals or something similar, and get a feeling that I have seen infinity and I am infinity, the godhead, the absolute, have I really become conscious of infinity-- and if so, to what extent?

Not really. You explored some aspects of infinity. But Awakening to Infinity means you become without a sliver of a doubt aware of what Infinity really MEANS.

It feels like you remember something that has been long forgotten, but really you know it by heart, you just forgot.

It's as unmistakable as knowing that you exist right now. You don't have to ask someone if it is really the case — you just KNOW it.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

There is always the possibility for more layers to be uncovered. Awakening is realizing experientially that which you previously engaged with conceptually. It is to become aware of the actuality pointed to which you have become unaware of or never fully engaged with directly.

If you continuously talk about the moon, its relation to space, science, tidal waves, occasionally see it in the sky but don't pay much attention and then deeply and consciously look at the moon itself, realizing its the source of all discussion, then that's an awakening for all intents and purposes.

Psychedelic trips often strip that conceptual layer away and beyond that make you aware that the source of objects is inside your mind, that they are at the same time absolutely themselves, it goes straight to the core from which all originates.

Don't worry about completeness, there's always more. Just become directly aware of what is pointed to and that's awakening

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

Once you start walking through walls.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

Posted (edited)

On 27/06/2024 at 11:55 PM, Osaid said:

Let me try.

update: still can't do it, but close enough. Going through a door is key but I guess this would be cheating. 

Seriously though, I've heard direct consciousness is true and self-validating. It isn't a conventional knowing but direct, prior to perception and mind. Look up Satori and Kensho. It is a rare occurrence, and not to be confused with becoming convinced of some piece of knowledge that you hold, or with an experience/state that you go through. In short, it is your nature.

Edited by UnbornTao

1 hour ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

Let's say I'm conscious that reality is infinite in this moment. But what does that really mean?

Do I know that since reality is one by definition, that there cannot be any other reality to impose a limit on reality, and therefore reality is limited? This is a sort of intellectual understanding, but it is understanding nonetheless.

Does it mean that I have an unusually imaginative mind and I can imagine a fractal that appears as infinite in my minds eye? But what about all the other ways the fractal could manifest, what about all the other things besides the fractal, what about cat infinity, video game infinity, all infinities - the infinite set, the set of all sets?

You need to be completely death and dissolve, disappear as/with entire universe. When that happens, believe me you will know as knowing your name now 😂 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Osaid said:

8v8edd.jpg

Edited by What Am I

57 minutes ago, vibv said:

Well if I hit you with a stick on the head, you sure would be conscious of it, would you? Undeniable so, wouldn't it be?

I'm not sure the analogy applies

1 hour ago, vibv said:

Not really. You explored some aspects of infinity. But Awakening to Infinity means you become without a sliver of a doubt aware of what Infinity really MEANS.

It feels like you remember something that has been long forgotten, but really you know it by heart, you just forgot.

It's as unmistakable as knowing that you exist right now. You don't have to ask someone if it is really the case — you just KNOW it.

Yes, but isn't it possible that you could deceive yourself? And the awakening is probably just to one facet of infinity, not the whole thing. I honestly wonder whether it's possible at all to awaken to absolute infinity. There are always more levels.

Posted (edited)

I AM the wall. :P 

Or paradoxically, there might not be any wall.

Edited by UnbornTao

4 minutes ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

Yes, but isn't it possible that you could deceive yourself? And the awakening is probably just to one facet of infinity, not the whole thing. I honestly wonder whether it's possible at all to awaken to absolute infinity. There are always more levels.

No. Enlightenment is end. When there is no more you or infinity, it is impossible to go deeper. 😂 😂 

Why do you guys come up with stuff which are just full of knowledge of others? Do not question, waste time, and only do walk the path. 

Posted (edited)

@AtmanIsBrahman Definitely be skeptical and question stuff. It is possible to "awaken to absolute infinity" but leave that as an open thing to discover rather than an ideal. The potential for deception is huge, though. This is because enlightenment is rare to come by and people easily confuse experiences or states with the real thing. When it is genuine, it is clearly you, your nature beyond a doubt. It is true but paradoxically not complete, which is to say there's more to become conscious of as you are still likely ignorant of other stuff such as the nature of life, another, or objective reality. Even though a direct consciousness is absolute and there are no levels, the case for "deepening" enlightenment can be made. Go figure. 

Edited by UnbornTao

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

a door

Wow you're right. If you don't have the genetics for Wall Consciousness™, you can simply just use a door to walk through the wall. 

Describe a thought.

4 hours ago, James123 said:

No. Enlightenment is end.

Time doesn't exist, how is there an end; and what was the beginning. 

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, James123 said:

When there is no more you

There's already no you.

Know thyself....

28 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There's already no you.

Bs. If I slap your face very hard, I would like to see your reaction. 

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Ironically, I rubbed my eyes earlier cus they were really irritated. Afterwards, my right eye hurt like a bitch for a good 30 mins every time I would blink my eye. Never going to do that again.

14 minutes ago, James123 said:

I would slap you back so hard, you'd really wish there was no you.😂

Know thyself....

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I would slap you back so hard, you'd really wish there was no you.😂

So, Why do you say there is already no you. You are just bs. 

Peace!!!

Just now, James123 said:

So, Why do you say there is already no you. You are just bs. 

Peace!!!

Listen, I'm not going to argue with people back and forth with this shit. There's no one there so why keep saying there's no you. There's obviously no one in these bodies, just a program. I'm not going to keep arguing about this stuff. If I say there's no you and you say, bs; you want me to keep saying it. It doesn't really matter anyway because it's just one program arguing with another.

Know thyself....

@James123I only mention that stuff now when the conversation is existential or speaking metaphysically etc. You said 'When there's no more you", in reference to death and I said there's already no you, which there isn't. I don't go around speaking like that on a day-to-day-basis because it's not relevant. If you slap me, there will be a response, pain will arise and I may feel hurt. Doesn't mean there's someone there feeling anything. You are being lived. There's no control. Everything is the Absolute "issing". And that's too much because there's no moment to "iss", it's already done. Nothing is actually happening. 

Know thyself....