AtmanIsBrahman

How to Know if You've Had an Awakening?

31 posts in this topic

I guess it depends on who you ask and what metric.

God realization?

Non-duality?

etc...

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Listen, I'm not going to argue with people back and forth with this shit. There's no one there so why keep saying there's no you. There's obviously no one in these bodies, just a program. I'm not going to keep arguing about this stuff. If I say there's no you and you say, bs; you want me to keep saying it. It doesn't really matter anyway because it's just one program arguing with another.

There is someone here but is not an 'I'. And that which is not an 'I' is also 'there'. Although since there is no 'I' there is not 'there' or 'here'. 

it's just one program arguing with another.

Nice one. 

9 hours ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

How do you know if you've had an awakening? Is it really such an undeniable realization that you know for sure is true, like Leo and other teachers have said? What about self-deception... and what does it really mean to be conscious of something...

@AtmanIsBrahman Very simply, in your experience, is something fundamentally beyond body and mind Real and a Living Reality/Experience for you?

Forget about "becoming conscious of _".

Simply if you are experiencing 24/7 what you are, you are in truth. If at any point you don´t know what you are, you are in seeking/liberation process. 

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

Yes, but isn't it possible that you could deceive yourself? And the awakening is probably just to one facet of infinity, not the whole thing. I honestly wonder whether it's possible at all to awaken to absolute infinity. There are always more levels.

No one can convince you if you aren't convinced and nobody can make you doubt in the moment you KNOW. But it's totally possible to forget again and starting to doubt again.

In that moment there's no one that could hold any authority over you other than yourself. Because you realize that there never was in the first place.

For me it goes in and out of knowing – and then doubting again and so on. But it's different for everyone. 

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

There is someone here but is not an 'I'. And that which is not an 'I' is also 'there'. Although since there is no 'I' there is not 'there' or 'here'. 

You said "there's someone here but is not an "I". Then you said there's no "here". So I guess there's a "here" but not for the I or there's a here but for the someone, or the someone that's not an "I" is here and there. So the "here or there" is only for the "someone" but not the "I". Here or there only exist for the someone but not for the I (I can't bother with quotations anymore, too many). Then you said, since there is no I, there is not there or here....so where is there if its not there. 

You're gonna tell me we have free will and choice and that there's people in these bodies, no way, not with all this confusion and mess. Lmao.

Know thyself....

18 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Awakening is realizing experientially that which you previously engaged with conceptually. It is to become aware of the actuality pointed to which you have become unaware of or never fully engaged with directly.

Honestly, that's IMO the best answer I ever heard.  It perfectly fits my experience

When you don't need to ask others about it .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Posted (edited)

On 28/06/2024 at 3:09 PM, Princess Arabia said:

You're gonna tell me we have free will and choice and that there's people in these bodies, no way, not with all this confusion and mess. Lmao.

@Princess Arabia Well, is the body you have now you or yours? This is a question very fundamental you have to ask.

If the body is you, then you have no free will. Free will is surrendered or outsourced to so called famous 'Consciousness', 'God' or 'No one - Since there is no self'.

However, if is only 'yours' (but not You), then the possibility of being able to conduce this body and this mind you have in a conscious way, it opens up, don´t you think?

Im not saying you should belief me. I´m just putting in you that possibility. That is, as long as you come to a clear observation that the body is yours and not you.

If is really you, then there´s nothing we can do. Outsource all your life to whatever you want. 'Let go' like they say. Because if you are just a mechanical process, a body or a mind, then you definetely have no free will. Because this processes have no intelligence on their own, let alone will or control. 

Another way to ask it would be:

"Am I just a biological or psychological process, or I am something much more fundamental than that?

Edited by Javfly33

Posted (edited)

On 28/6/2024 at 0:03 AM, AtmanIsBrahman said:

How do you know if you've had an awakening?

It's like getting hit by a truck, if it happens to you

You are not gonna miss it

Let's say I'm conscious that reality is infinite in this moment. But what does that really mean?

That means you are not conscious of it in this moment

If you were you would be in Awe

Do I know that since reality is one by definition, that there cannot be any other reality to impose a limit on reality, and therefore reality is limited? This is a sort of intellectual understanding, but it is understanding nonetheless.

First there is Understanding

Then there is Awakening

Finally there is stabilization or unbroken consciousness of a facet of Reality.

For example, first you understand that this world is a dream like the ones you have at night. Then you have your first Awakening and you are absolutely in shock: OHHHH FOR REAL THIS IS A DREAM!!!!

Then after many many awakenings and integration you can go your everyday life being conscious that this is a dream. There is no more materiality in your experience but just consciousness and sensations. Your whole worldview is born a new out of your moment to moment, breath to breath, blink to bling perception of existence.

Does this make sense?

Does it mean that I have an unusually imaginative mind and I can imagine a fractal that appears as infinite in my minds eye?

No imagination is needed, you are just becoming conscious of what is the case.

Not trying to image it into existance. It is already the case, you are just becoming aware of it.

How can this be?

Fun exercise!

Find your nose in your visual field

When you find it, that's what Awakening is like. It's always there, you weren't conscious of it.

Stabilization would be living your whole life from now SEEING your nose in your visual field.

Does this make sense?

If I've taken a psychedelic and feel a cosmic connectedness combined with visuals of fractals or something similar, and get a feeling that I have seen infinity and I am infinity, the godhead, the absolute, have I really become conscious of infinity-- and if so, to what extent?

This is an assumption from my part but I would guess they are just intuitions, not Awakenings. Your inner self or Truth is pulsating through you and guiding you towards Infinity. Oh wait a minute, that's why this text is being manifested in your screen of consciousness also!

So you get the intuition of the divine calling you, like rose perfume in a summer day and you make your way back home into Consciousness, Infinity and Love.

You are doing things properly, it's just the vibe I get from you. Everything will come at it's proper time, trust your path and go for Truth. And don't worry about missing an Awakening! It's not like it will catch you daydreaming and you missed it. It will be one of the most life transforming events in your life and guess what?

It's infinite so it just keeps getting more and more INFINITE. That intuition you have is not an error but a core feature of paradox, strange loops, contradictions and the nature of INFINITY.

Enjoy your journey and know that you have a friend as a fellow traveller to Infinity

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes virtuous and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

@Javfly33 A thought came to me "there is nothing you are not"

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@Princess Arabia Well, is the body you have now you or yours? This is a question very fundamental you have to ask.

If the body is you, then you have no free will. Free will is surrendered or outsourced to so called famous 'Consciousness', 'God' or 'No one - Since there is no self'.

However, if is only 'yours' (but not You), then the possibility of being able to conduce this body and this mind you have in a conscious way, it opens up, don´t you think?

Im not saying you should belief me. I´m just putting in you that possibility. That is, as long as you come to a clear observation that the body is yours and not you.

If is really you, then there´s nothing we can do. Outsource all your life to whatever you want. 'Let go' like they say. Because if you are just a mechanical process, a body or a mind, then you definetely have no free will. Because this processes have no intelligence on their own, let alone will or control. 

Another way to ask it would be:

"Am I just a biological or psychological process, or I am something much more fundamental than that?

I don't know what i am.

Know thyself....

10 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Javfly33 A thought came to me "there is nothing you are not"

I dont get It 🤔

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I don't know what i am.

Me neither 👍👌