VictorB02

Owen Cook Priceless Business Advice

147 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You guys, this is F*CKING PRICELESS advice on business / money psychology. It’s crazy we have this info at our fingertips. 

(Owen is also f*cking hilarious and a master of authentic expression 😂) 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Yeah I just opened a thread for this lol

@Butters

3 hours ago, Butters said:

Yeah I just opened a thread for this lol

Oh damn I didn't even realize. Maybe moderator can merge threads?

Either way - f*cking amazing content.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

@Butters @VictorB02 

It got through some of it. It's not bad advice for people who are interested in a non-traditional path, but I think he disparages a more traditional path too much.

For instance, he gave the example of how he could have become a lawyer or professor, but he would have been capped at $120k a year. That is probably the average. But it's not like you can't niche yourself in these professions either. Or pivot to making more money on the business side of things, e.g opening your own law firm.

Also, at least as a lawyer or professor, you'd actually have some real skills and credentials. The alternative is what? Become rich with no skills, no credentials? That's probably where most of Owen's audience is starting from. Good luck with that.

@aurum I mean even community colleges are offering bachelors degrees. You can get a solid career as a backup basically debt free. Do the business on the side.

Instead of risking everything on your crazy business venture that will probably fail.

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

@Butters

Oh damn I didn't even realize. Maybe moderator can merge threads?

Either way - f*cking amazing content.

You wrote a better title though 😁

I've watched this video in full 3 or 4 times now, words can describe the quality of this talk. It's the thickest Red Pill I've ever had in such a short time. @Leo Gura suggestion to share on your blog. 

Edited by Butters

16 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

I mean even community colleges are offering bachelors degrees. You can get a solid career as a backup basically debt free.

Yes that could be a good option.

People need a foundation. And a strong formal education + career is a great place to start.

16 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

Instead of risking everything on your crazy business venture that will probably fail.

It’s worse than that.

What business are people possibly going to start in their early 20’s (Owen’s audience) when they have no skills, no capital and no knowledge?

You’re not going to be launching some innovative startup or product. You don’t have good business ideas because you don’t understand how anything works. You don’t know what is missing in the marketplace or how you would realistically solve that problem even if you did.

All that will happen is people will get sucked into some type of Andrew Tate / internet marketing / coaching / alternative health / crypto / daytrading nonsense. There are endless such trash ways you can attempt to earn money.

And speaking of Andrew Tate, Owen’s portrayal of him in this video as “just wanting people to think” is egregious. Tate himself is deeply delusional, under massive amounts of group think and potentially dark triad. He cannot help people because he cannot even help himself.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, aurum said:

@Butters @VictorB02 

It got through some of it. It's not bad advice for people who are interested in a non-traditional path, but I think he disparages a more traditional path too much.

For instance, he gave the example of how he could have become a lawyer or professor, but he would have been capped at $120k a year. That is probably the average. But it's not like you can't niche yourself in these professions either. Or pivot to making more money on the business side of things, e.g opening your own law firm.

Also, at least as a lawyer or professor, you'd actually have some real skills and credentials. The alternative is what? Become rich with no skills, no credentials? That's probably where most of Owen's audience is starting from. Good luck with that.

I think that's the whole point. He is speaking to his very niche audience and not everyone. That's why it resonates so well. And he said multiple times that this was a free event where he was just riffing, so to me the point was not to learn some technical skill from the talk but more the essence of making money and being yourself. And he delivered. 

Also, what he said about rich people being the highest paying clients for a niche service is so true. Even knowing JUST THAT is such a massive insight if you want to be an entrepreneur or go a non-traditional route, kind of how I would pay Leo basically anything to fuck my mind with an Alien Awakening course. LOL!

Edited by VictorB02

5 hours ago, Butters said:

You wrote a better title though 😁

I've watched this video in full 3 or 4 times now, words can describe the quality of this talk. It's the thickest Red Pill I've ever had in such a short time. @Leo Gura suggestion to share on your blog. 

Yeah I'm going to watch it again. Just getting the essence of that energy can be enough to make you take massive action and make shit happen.

I watched the first five minutes and it didn’t resonate at all😆 I’ll try to give it a second chance later

3 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

I think that's the whole point. He is speaking to his very niche audience and not everyone. That's why it resonates so well. And he said multiple times that this was a free event where he was just riffing, so to me the point was not to learn some technical skill from the talk but more the essence of making money and being yourself. And he delivered. 

Rose-colored glasses, my friend.

His anti-mainstream bias is obvious. And it will influence his followers, for better or for worse.

I'm not critiquing is talk for not being technical. You can have a legitamite seminar that focuses just on mindset and strategy. I'm critiquing his talk because of how it disparages a more traditional path.

Too much of this non-traditional, anti-mainstream mindset is not at all good for you. You are not that smart. The majority of your life should be based on a more traditional path, with a small percentage of non-traditional to keep things progressing and not stagnating. 

Also, it's obvious that his talks mostly cater to a Stage Orange value system. At some point people who follow him need to mature and outgrow this. You do not need a mansion in LA and two million dollars in leather jackets. You are fueling inequality and dragging down society for your own selfish gain.

Posted (edited)

Obviously one of the surest ways to get rich is to provide services to insanely rich spoiled people. Because they are so rich they just don't care about wasting money.

Catering to frugal people is a lot hard because it reduces your profit margins. This is why luxury brands earn crazy profits for selling useless junk which nobody needs. A Rolex is essentially a useless piece of junk.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Insights:

• Be a 1 into a category of 1.
  • Be unique/pioneer.
  • You are a niche of one.
  • Authenticity above all else.
  • Be a lot more crazier than them and become their leader.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, aurum said:

Rose-colored glasses, my friend.

His anti-mainstream bias is obvious. And it will influence his followers, for better or for worse.

I'm not critiquing is talk for not being technical. You can have a legitamite seminar that focuses just on mindset and strategy. I'm critiquing his talk because of how it disparages a more traditional path.

Too much of this non-traditional, anti-mainstream mindset is not at all good for you. You are not that smart. The majority of your life should be based on a more traditional path, with a small percentage of non-traditional to keep things progressing and not stagnating. 

Also, it's obvious that his talks mostly cater to a Stage Orange value system. At some point people who follow him need to mature and outgrow this. You do not need a mansion in LA and two million dollars in leather jackets. You are fueling inequality and dragging down society for your own selfish gain.

Well I am GEN-Z lol. You realize you have a supercomputer in your pocket?

The traditional path is fine but it’s not for me. Yes of course that comes with a cost, but also comes with massive upside because there is no limit to what you can create / make. Doesn’t mean I won’t take a job just means it’s a stepping stone to something greater. I also happen to be very entrepreneurial minded so, like I said, he’s speaking to his Niche. I am that niche. I always have been, and Niche by definition IS Anti-Mainstream, and every cell of my body revolts at the idea of slaving my life away at a 9-5. That’s why I started a business and started creating my own content. There is a path. 

I will not fucking stop until I create an insane amount of wealth on my own, in a highly conscious and creative way. I refuse to be a slave. I refuse to be a victim. 

With that mindset, what can be accomplished? And what good can be used with that money when it is? What can be created? What can be given back to those who need help? 

If I don’t have shit because I’m walking a “traditional path”, then who can I help and give to? People can barely feed themselves working normal career jobs in today’s world! It’s not as “safe” as you think! Especially if you lose your soul in the process! 

Edited by VictorB02

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Insights:

• Be a 1 into a category of 1.
  • Be unique/pioneer.
  • You are a niche of one.
  • Authenticity above all else.
  • Be a lot more crazier than them and become their leader.

“When your batshit crazy, they make you THEIR LEADEEERRRRR”

😂😂

I was dying when he said that. Owen is hilarious.

Edited by VictorB02

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

@aurum Whats wrong with internet marketing?

Nothing is wrong with it. I do content marketing and make more than I could working full time at minimum wage. It’s not easy, but it’s fucking awesome to be making money through the internet. And doing it in a conscious way is EVEN MORE satisfying.

That’s why I’m flying to Indonesia on a one way ticket next week. 

Don’t let people put doubt in your mind.

If you want to do it, do it.

Edited by VictorB02

7 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

@aurum Whats wrong with internet marketing?

Theoretically nothing. You could run a quality internet marketing firm. But in practice it tends to be much different.

I listed those examples because they are ways of making money that attract a lot of scammy, desperate, badly unqualified people. And when you're young, broke and have no skills / credentials, they are highly enticing. Which is exactly Owen's audience.

Classic trap.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously one of the surest ways to get rich is to provide services to insanely rich spoiled people. Because they are so rich they just don't care about wasting money.

Catering to frugal people is a lot hard because it reduces your profit margins. This is why luxury brands earn crazy profits for selling useless junk which nobody needs. A Rolex is essentially a useless piece of junk.

Yup. Key insight for a youngster like me.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, aurum said:

Theoretically nothing. You could run a quality internet marketing firm. But in practice it tends to be much different.

I listed those examples because they are ways of making money that attract a lot of scammy, desperate, badly unqualified people. And when you're young, broke and have no skills / credentials, they are highly enticing. Which is exactly Owen's audience.

Classic trap.

That’s why you develop the actual skills and discipline to learn how to run a business in a highly functioning way so you can make something REAL happen that gives clients the results THEY WANT. 

You can learn everything you need to online, without being scammy and unqualified. Leos business playlist is a great place to start. So is Alex Hormozis content. Owen Cook. Dan Koe. And all these other high-level business owners. Then you have online courses and classes to learn technical skills. ITS RIGHT THERE IF YOU WANT IT! 

Edited by VictorB02