VictorB02

Owen Cook Priceless Business Advice

147 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have enough to live on but I also need to make for the future and to fund other business ideas of mine.

My biggest expense is my other business ideas. I have plans to spend of $1M cash on a new biz.

Your new biz is a game? Am I right?

8 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Your new biz is a game? Am I right?

its facebook ads for harmala + DMT capsules marketed as penis enlargement pills

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter .                    Restful Cube 

Posted (edited)

I had an idea for a game similar to Skyrim or Elden Ring, where there are demons and monsters. But instead of fighting and killing them with swords and weapons as a warrior you heal and liberate them with magic and love as a sage. 

I will probably never make it in this lifetime, so if anyone wants to steal the idea, by all means go ahead :D

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

@Yimpa maybe I’ll make it if nobody else does.

Imagine how badass that would be though. Such a cool twist on a classic open-world slayer type of game.

Instead of killing, you heal and liberate the lost souls! 

Game would probably sell millions of copies if done correctly.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen in an introvert. Or so he says.

Of course pickup is designed for extroverts.

That doesn't make much sense to me, he would be suicidal as an introvert going out 7 days a week.

All extroverts have an introverted function in the 2nd spot of their function stack so it's not like they explode from spending time by themselves necessarily. Extroverts get energized after a bunch of socialization though. 

I've never really felt like I gained momentum after sets like most PUAs talk about, if anything it drains me even if the successful ones less so. 

PtmheWL.png

@VictorB02 It's a cool idea. Similar to Ivern in league of legends. He's the only jungler that frees the monsters instead of killing them because he's the spirit guardian of the forest. Our entertainment, in general, is too focused on killing, growing up I thought I would get a gun at 18 and just go assassin mode on people that pissed me off. 

Edited by LordFall

<3

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, LordFall said:

That doesn't make much sense to me, he would be suicidal as an introvert going out 7 days a week.

I've gone out for long periods of time. Once you're in the groove and build up momemtum and it's your full-time job, it's not so hard.

But I can't get inside Owen's head so I could be wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo sir, how much did you go out while also working full time? And what was the DG / NG split?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, thenondualtankie said:

Leo sir, how much did you go out while also working full time?

My energy has always been abnormally low from health problems. So I could not go out and work full time. I had to priortize one or the other. But this is not the case for most people. My work is also very intellectually demanding and tiring.

And what was the DG / NG split?

Don't know what that means.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, LordFall said:

@VictorB02 It's a cool idea. Similar to Ivern in league of legends. He's the only jungler that frees the monsters instead of killing them because he's the spirit guardian of the forest. Our entertainment, in general, is too focused on killing, growing up I thought I would get a gun at 18 and just go assassin mode on people that pissed me off. 

That's cool, didn't know that. And yeah - our whole culture is basically kill and destroy. Especially the entertainment! 

Edited by VictorB02

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course pickup is designed for extroverts.

Earlier you said extroverts don't need game cause they're naturally social, but introverts need to learn game. Which one is it? 🤷👀

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Earlier you said extroverts don't need game cause they're naturally social, but introverts need to learn game. Which one is it? 🤷👀

Extroverts can learn some techniques and become good in a few months.

Introverts take a lot longer and usually drop out before getting good, because it takes so much energy and they’re fighting their nature. 

Owen is really complicated and neurodivergent so I wouldn’t base your dating strategy off of modeling him. I wouldn’t follow any of his strategic advice either, although his tactical advice is okay. 

Edited by nerdspeak

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Extroverts tend to just develop natural game. But they can also turbo charge their results by supplementing with synthetic game techniques and theory, making them slayers.

Introverts gonna slog through an ocean of shit to learn game because it is their greatest weakness.

Game for extroverts is like giving a sledgehammer to a gorilla.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, nerdspeak said:

Extroverts can learn some techniques and become good in a few months.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Extroverts tend to just develop natural game. But they can also turbo charge their results by supplementing with synthetic game techniques and theory, making them slayers.

Introverts gonna slog through an ocean of shit to learn game because it is their greatest weakness.

Game for extroverts is like giving a sledgehammer to a gorilla.

This was my experience as an ENFJ.

Looking back, a lot of my ''social skills'' & ''game'' work was mostly dealing with self-worth / low self-esteem & insecurity issues that I got from my relatively hard childhood.

It was mostly inner game for me in that regard. Hence why I probably resonated deeply with Owen and he was my go-to material world teacher growing up through my teenage years and in my 20s. And probably one of the biggest reasons I got pulled into spirituality like moths to flames. I wasn't studying much outer game stuff until years into my already very active and relatively successful dating journey.

Although, you can say that natural game is mostly inner game. But I guess the inner side / fixable side of the inner game.

Obviously, when you get crazy energy and high off of socializing as a natural inner strength, that shit ain't teachable / ''fixable'' for introverts.

Obviously when as an ENFJ, you naturally read people like books, are naturally a charismatic leader, and have a crazy level of natural emotional intelligence, that shit ain't ''fixable'' for introverts.

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

17 hours ago, LordFall said:

Do you guys know the backstory of Owen? He was miserable and depressed living in Kingston Canada then took a Boot Camp with Mystery, took his business model, and did it himself after moving to LA. It's a cool story, but it's hard to replicate. He threw himself into this and went out 7 days a week for years according to him and I believe it. He's speculated to have an ENFP personality type so he gets energized by going out and talking to people; perfect business for him. 

As an INTP I've studied game for years and been around pickup coaches. Most of the people who find great success in that career are ENTJs or ENFJs like Owen. 

I met Mystery himself; cool guy. Engaging speaker but seemed lost in nostalgia and deeply hurt. The story of pickup will be an interesting one for humanity.

20 years later was pickup a net positive or net negative to society? Hookup culture is rampant, divorce rates off the charts, people not even having families anymore. Stroller and diaper stores out of business 

I think they were just horny and greedy to brag at how many fish they caught 

51 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

20 years later was pickup a net positive or net negative to society? Hookup culture is rampant, divorce rates off the charts, people not even having families anymore. Stroller and diaper stores out of business 

I think they were just horny and greedy to brag at how many fish they caught 

Were they horny, greedy, and caught up in their egos? Yes of course.

But society was going in this direction anyway.

Look at hip-hop culture and reality TV from the early 2000s. Pickup was a surface symptom of broader cultural and economic changes in rich countries that started in the 80s. 

On 30/06/2024 at 8:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

Look, marketing can be a set of skills. No skill in itself is delusional. It's what you do with it and why you care about it at all.

I don't know what Hormozi's worldview is. His marketing advice itself seems legit. But what evil did he do to make his millions I don't know.

Is anyone that has ever lived not comitted an 'evil' to make their money. How can one make any more without comitting an evil with in a capatlist society. Surely the only antidote would be some type of gift based economy. How are you defining evil?

Also maximizing profits isnt always an evil thing imo, its only when done wiht a complete disregard to staff, customers and humanity, its context dependant

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My energy has always been abnormally low from health problems. So I could not go out and work full time. I had to priortize one or the other. But this is not the case for most people. My work is also very intellectually demanding and tiring.

Don't know what that means.

Do you still masturbate constantly, I think I read a post wehre you said you mastubrate upto 20x a day or somethig (maybe that was when younger). You seem completely unopen to the idea that this level of mastubration could have consequences on enegry and health is that correct?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, bambi said:

Is anyone that has ever lived not comitted an 'evil' to make their money. How can one make any more without comitting an evil with in a capatlist society.

There are many degrees of evil.

The evil that these online marketer commit is a lot worse than what a normal guy working a normal job commits. Where do you think those millions come from? Goodness, truth, and service to mankind? Haha

4 hours ago, bambi said:

you said you mastubrate upto 20x a day or somethig

Stop with the nonsense.

You seem completely unopen to the idea that this level of mastubration could have consequences on enegry and health is that correct?

Masturbation has zero negative effect on my health or energy. Don't gaslight me with your anti-FAP BS.

If you can't FAP that's not my problem.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are many degrees of evil.

The evil that these online marketer commit is a lot worse than what a normal guy working a normal job commits. Where do you think those millions come from? Goodness, truth, and service to mankind? Haha

Stop with the nonsense.

Masturbation has zero negative effect on my health or energy. Don't gaslight me with your anti-FAP BS.

What nonsense, why are you so defensive? I thought I read that you were masturbating upto 20 times a day at some points, is this false?

Sorry where is the gaslighting, all I see is knee-jerk defensiveness..