VictorB02

Owen Cook Priceless Business Advice

147 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Miguel1 I get it. Survival is corruption. It's a hell of a force. Good luck wrestling with it.

Don't exclude your own life trajectory from that. Makes no sense. 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Butters said:

Don't exclude your own life trajectory from that.

I don't. Which is how I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I love Owen but he lies to his audience all the time. His integrity is pretty lose when it comes to making money.

In one of his more recent videos he says that his freetour events make no profit and he does because he wants to practice public speaking.

This is total bullshit. Everyone who knows basic marketing knows that the "free stuff" are always there to try to sell something else.

And this is exactly what he does, that's their business model for years:

attract people from YT videos and freetour events to sell bootcamps and other paid events.

I've read several reports that they do sell you A LOT in every "free event".

Posted (edited)

@VictorB02 I like his niche thing, but his vibe is the typical american self-help macho guru. He is trying too hard to be special and interesting, this pulls the Orange business people but repells the serious people who just want a normal educated person who can help with some specific thing. I don't get why you all guys find him so smart. But yes, he has his niche, Orange immature wannebe rich guys. If one of my ex GF would see me watch this guy, she would have dry vagina the whole week. Maybe that batshit craziness is authentic to him but not for all those poor guys who will try to imitate him and fail miserably. 2 milion dollars in leather jackets, wow bravo dude, you nailed life. Stop doing the dishes because you might lose some business opportunity during that. Now I see where he knocks, I also get repelled by all these soft spoiled Swedes who coast on welfare support and boring jobs but he is the other extreme. 

Edited by Alexop

3 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

But of course - you can start your own business and get lost in the sauce of success as well, like Owen.

Why do you guys feel the privilage to say he got lost. The dude was skiing for the whole last winter, for 3 fucking months. Just skiing, being a child.  

Please watch few of his last videos at least before you make an opportunity to paint him in a way which is just not true.. wtf

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

In one of his more recent videos he says that his freetour events make no profit and he does because he wants to practice public speaking.

This is total bullshit. Everyone who knows basic marketing knows that the "free stuff" are always there to try to sell something else.

You cannot say someone doesn't have integrity just because you assume something about someone life which you don't have clue about..

If you don't think he is open and honest, just follow other people and that's ok. Why do you feel the need to shit on Owen? 

He also says he rents huge seminar rooms because he tends to go deep into morning with his teachings and doesn't wanna quit. It really doesn't suit his finances to do that FOR PEOPLE THAT ALREADY PAID.

He seems to be getting off of talking and talking without a script for larger amounts of time, which is a great feeling and can easily put you in a flow state, just like a night out gaming can do......

He also says he doesn't do business and meetings with people he cannot laugh with.. is that also a lie? Why be so sure? 

Why not assume he just has an awesome ass life that he is proud of and wants to help other guys get there even faster? 

Why are people so fast to be cinyc when they really have no first person view on someone's life? Isn't that projecting, by definition? 

@petar8p As i have said, i love the guy, but I don't have the need to see him as perfect, I can see his bullshit from a mile away.

I also know for a fact that he sells HARD to everyone in those rooms, which I don't have a problem with, but don't give me this bullshit "I don't profit with it, i do it because i want to practice public speaking".

Obviously, the guy loves hearing his own voice and the ego boost to do it to a crowd of fans, but he is profiting A LOT from it.

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

@petar8p As i have said, i love the guy, but I don't have the need to see him as perfect, I can see his bullshit from a mile away.

I also know for a fact that he sells HARD to everyone in those rooms, which I don't have a problem with, but don't give me this bullshit "I don't profit with it, i do it because i want to practice public speaking".

Obviously, the guy loves hearing his own voice and the ego boost to do it to a crowd of fans, but he is profiting A LOT from it.

But do you know how the self help seminar business works? I personally don't but I can image it has way higher overheads than we imagine. I find it plausible he makes most of his money with wealthy clients. 

Back of the room selling is common practice, I've seen very high integrity speakers do it. If the product truly helps people... That's just the business model. 

Edited by Butters

Posted (edited)

Guys I just follow Owen cook randomly and sometimes feel he is exaggerating/ making big claims.

He said he never got sick a single day in 10 years.

What do you think about that? Is that true? Did he really find out something that makes him healthy and robust or is it just a dump lie. 

I tip he got sick several times but is still working his ass off on these days and therefore doesn't count that as s sick day because he worked...

Edited by OBEler

20 minutes ago, OBEler said:

Guys I just follow Owen cook randomly and sometimes feel he is exaggerating/ making big claims.

What do you think about that? Is that true? Did he really find out something that makes him healthy and robust or is it just a dump lie. 

I tip he got sick several times but is still working his ass off on these days and therefore doesn't count that as s sick day because he worked...

pretty much a scammer who sprinckles some good info from time to time. This stuff here can be found in Seth Godin's books.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, OBEler said:

I mean, isn't it obvious he toughened it out? If I have a heart attack once and still didn't take a sick day off, does that mean I didn't have a heart attack? I wouldn't say he's lying, but working for 10 years straight isn't really something to be proud and bragging about either

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

I mean, isn't it obvious he toughened it out? If I have a heart attack once and still didn't take a sick day off, does that mean I didn't have a heart attack? I wouldn't say he's lying, but working for 10 years straight isn't really something to be proud and bragging about either

He said it several times on different occasions so I thought maybe there could be at least a bit more to it. Also I have not a good estimation of his personality from just a few random videos. He is not a con artist at least like Andrew Tate

Edited by OBEler

Nobody is perfect.

Take what is valuable, cut the bullshit.

28 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Nobody is perfect.

Take what is valuable, cut the bullshit.

Of course and it doesn't make his work any less valuable.

It's just I want to know if there is something into this or not. So are here some Owen cook follower who can clarify 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

All that means is that he has good genetics.

He didn't create it for himself. In fact, all of his success is built atop that foundation of solid health, which he assumes everyone who follows him also has, but they don't.

You cannot bluster and bullshit your way into good health. You use good health to bluster and bullshit. This is what the entire health industry is built upon: people with great genetics singing about how healthy they are and how you can be like them when in fact you can't unless you got good genetics too.

Taking mushroom supplements and New Age herbs is not going to give you Owen's level of health. He's just fooled himself on that point because he takes his own health for granted.

Just to be able to do pickup consistently requires good health. Because it demands so much energy. All this is taken for granted within the community.

This doesn't mean Owen lying, his worldview just takes certain things for granted because he is not focus on truth, he is focused on selling you a dream of success.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

Couple points about Owen:

1. 95% of his audience are new people. You might have known Owen for years, but he’s not really speaking to you. His goal is to make money from the 95%.

2. As we have discussed here, marketing and sales in our current society will have more or less the element of lying, manipulation, leading on & dishonesty.

And we have established here and many times in the past that Owen is trapped in stage-orange money-hungryness.

So why the hell are you surprised that he lies?

Don’t come here with your better-than-thou shit and act more spiritual (by-passed) when you probably are still a wage slave.

Overall, Owen is a good stage-orange role model. He is on the healthy side.

He is a much better role model than many of the gurus we have on the internet now leading majority of our male youngster straight down fucking hell.

Actually, he is one of the best healthy stage orange role models currently.

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

10 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

Couple points about Owen:

1. 95% of his audience are new people. You might have known Owen for years, but he’s not really speaking to you. His goal is to make money from the 95%.

2. As we have discussed here, marketing and sales in our current society will have more or less the element of lying, manipulation, leading on & dishonesty.

We have established here and many times in the past that Owen is trapped in stage-orange money-hungryness.

So why the hell are you surprised that he lies?

Don’t come here with your better-than-thou shit and act more spiritual (by-passed) when you probably are still a wage slave.

Overall, Owen is a good stage-orange role model. He is on the healthy side.

He is a much better role model than many of the gurus we have on the internet leading majority of our male youngster straight down fucking hell.

Actually, he is one of the best healthy stage orange role models.

Dan Koe, Owen Cook, Justin C. Scott, Zach Pogrob - They are good role models with their own limitations.

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All that means is that he has good genetics.

He didn't create it for himself. In fact, all of his success is built atop that foundation of solid health, which he assumes everyone who follows him also has, but they don't.

You cannot bluster and bullshit your way into good health. You use good health to bluster and bullshit. This is what the entire health industry is built upon: people with great genetics singing about how healthy they are and how you can be like them when in fact you can't unless you got good genetics too.

Taking mushroom supplements and New Age herbs is not going to give you Owen's level of health. He's just fooled himself on that point because he takes his own health for granted.

Just to be able to do pickup consistently requires good health. Because it demands so much energy. All this is taken for granted within the community.

This doesn't mean Owen lying, his worldview just takes certain things for granted because he is not focus on truth, he is focused on selling you a dream of success.

@Leo Gura Isn't that undermining all the ways to improve your health, energy and productivity?

a strong purpose, hard circumstances that drive you, your social environment, your diet, yoga, smoothies, getting your emotional state right, i mean all these are important factors right?

could you possibly be overstating the importance of genetics?

partly the reason why I bring all this up is because I'm about to throw myself in an environment where I have 5 to 6 hours of a job (remote, full-time) daily, 2 hours of business, on top of all my other 10+ daily personal development habits. I currently don't have that level of discipline, but every week I'm becoming more and more productive and disciplined and reaching heights that I didn't think I could. Do you think it's possible for me to maintain such a schedule while staying happy, and joyful relatively?

Even owen and you have done incredible things productivity wise (I recall you said you worked 70 hour work weeks, and did 900 approaches a month once.) I do think genetics matters, but idk maybe 25% or something?

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura Isn't that undermining all the ways to improve your health, energy and productivity?

a strong purpose, hard circumstances that drive you, your social environment, your diet, yoga, smoothies, getting your emotional state right, i mean all these are important factors right?

Not as important as genetics.

could you possibly be overstating the importance of genetics?

Could you be understating it?

partly the reason why I bring all this up is because I'm about to throw myself in an environment where I have 5 to 6 hours of a job (remote, full-time) daily, 2 hours of business, on top of all my other 10+ daily personal development habits. I currently don't have that level of discipline, but every week I'm becoming more and more productive and disciplined and reaching heights that I didn't think I could. Do you think it's possible for me to maintain such a schedule while staying happy, and joyful relatively?

I have no idea what you are capable of.

Even owen and you have done incredible things productivity wise (I recall you said you worked 70 hour work weeks, and did 900 approaches a month once.)

I did that at the expense of my work and business.

I do think genetics matters, but idk maybe 25% or something?

No, much more than that.

But I am not telling you that your genetics are not sufficient. Maybe you got the perfect genetics for your goals. I know nothing about you.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Gotchya, I guess I just didn't want to feel that genetics is 100% of your success. Hearing that genetics is a very huge factor feels threatening, like I lack control. 

But I think I understand. It's just very important, but its not everything.