VictorB02

Owen Cook Priceless Business Advice

147 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura when I was in my mid 20s I ran some marketing schemes that I saw as unethical and it lead to internal conflict and I quit that business. I could have made so much money then. But now I feel old enough to do it properly and make my millions.

So if that is what you're warning about to younger guys then fair enough. I assumed Owen followers are older though cause RSD is a long ass time ago. 

@VictorB02 I've also lived in Indonesia while I was doing internet marketing. 

Edited by Butters

Marketing and sales for a few years and become financially free.

Or

Be a wage slave, working 40 hours a week for a company that is most likely in one way, shape or form or another exploiting people or doing something unconscious (including marketing and sales)…. FOR 50 YEARS.

Of course you can try to become financially free or make your wage slave money completely consciously, maturily and ethically. But good luck.

Surely a few has the opportunity to do that with rare gifted talent, but how many? And really, is there even any?

Remember that even eating plants, you are being selfish and robbing.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

Posted (edited)

We have a lot of shit on the internet.

Social conditioning is ruining youth generations.

I don't really care if something that is "higher consciousness" is pushed into people's mind through marketing and sales.

You can be a Devil to be God. The irony of duality.

Edited by CARDOZZO

Posted (edited)

I am pointing at a deeper issue which you guys seem to have no interest in. So suit yourselves. I'm not going to beat you over the head with it. If you don't care about higher values then you don't care.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am pointing at a deeper issue which you guys seem to have no interest in. So suit yourselves. I'm not going to beat you over the head with it. If you don't care about higher values then you don't care.

People often operate from lower, survival-based needs, which can distort their perception, even when engaging with higher value content. They might watch insightful lectures and project their own desires onto them, wishing they had those ideas themselves. This subconscious dominance of survival needs can hinder their ability to fully appreciate and embody higher values.

I know you know that. Just sharing here. I was meeting a friend of mine who is older than me for some time and hearing him speak, his ideas clearly filled with negativity, hate, and bitterness. You can clearly see when someone's basic needs are not satisfied. When he is clearly not loved, is anxious and doesn't feel he belongs with the community, how everything gets distorted from his point of view. Sometimes, he speaks of these higher values but clearly can never embody them in his speech and the way he carries himself or even in his house.

Funny thing, there were patterns where he would speak about Truth. He would say that others don't have the Truth, and I would press him, then what is it, and he would repeat something along the lines of how the truth is beautiful or how it's difficult to explain, but he just does say it, to just insinuate that others—always others—are lower and don't know like he knows. Even when I would compliment some thinker, he would find a way to insinuate guilt into them . 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Can you explain what would be wrong if you ran ads and market the shit out of Life Purpose Course, for example?

Posted (edited)

Owen is such a character. For the most part the ideas he shares are fantastic, but his style is very problematic. The mental spell he casts on his audience is insanity.

He tells them to break out of the matrix, wake up, stop being derpy and all that jazz, and then markets to them like the derpy animals he perceives them as. Look at his sales pages and youtube thumbnails. Look at his playbook, and then how he treats his audience. He treats them like mindless animals, with his sensationalist language and big flashy monkey-brain attention grabbing style.

It makes sense why he does it, because the sales strategy works. He makes a fuckton of money from what he does. The problem is that it reveals a kind of unspoken disgust for his own audience, and for society as a whole. There's not much love there. He's okay living like that, but for most people it would tear up their soul. 

@petar8p That's the cost of hyper-predatory marketing. That's the integrity cost. If Leo marketed the shit out of his courses like that, you would feel talked down and condescended to. Leo and good teachers like him don't do that because they actually give a fuck about your mental state and development.

From the perspective of someone who is very high consciousness, they understand that treating people in this way is like a crime against god. They are giving up hundreds of thousands of dollars to not lose their integrity and their connection to god. Or you could be like Owen, and just not care about that stuff. You do you.

Edited by Staples

I think he is testing different communication styles on people.

You can be kind, give tough love, shake people's mind, being spiritual, being more rough.

People doesn't change and wake up easily.

I'm not 100% on his side but he is aware of human bullshit.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Raze said:

His recent videos especially his free tour videos have been mediocre. He barely makes a point before vaguely ranting about Satanist’s ruining America.

He said he will soon start releasing a edited 52 vid series, hopefully that is better. 

I actually really liked the first videos he made when he quit teaching game, the oldest ones still on his main channel. But his recent ones have been not worth the time investment.

I had to switch off his recent Free Tour videos after like 10 minutes. He was just ranting about how rich he is and demonising broke people. 

Reminded me of Scott Galloway - just awful.

People aren't going to change from being demonised and belittled. 

I'm just always waiting for Owen to give some good practical advice, rather than it always being "do an audit on your life - and click the link!!"

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

15 minutes ago, Space said:

I had to switch off his recent Free Tour videos after like 10 minutes. He was just ranting about how rich he is and demonising broke people. 

Reminded me of Scott Galloway - just awful.

People aren't going to change from being demonised and belittled. 

I'm just always waiting for Owen to give some good practical advice, rather than it always being "do an audit on your life - and click the link!!"

"No one is gonna listen to some angry guy screaming at them and how pathetic they are"

Have you ever heard of Andrew Tate?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, petar8p said:

Can you explain what would be wrong if you ran ads and market the shit out of Life Purpose Course, for example?

The person who I would need to be to do that kind of marketing could then not do the kind of videos I do.

There's a reason why everyone is not doing my kind of videos. Because they chose profits over higher things.

Edited by Leo Gura

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The person who I would need to be to do that kind of marketing could then not do the kind of videos I do.

There's a reason why everyone is not doing my kind of videos. Because they chose profits over higher things.

@Leo Gura from my understanding, you are still and continue being a multi millionare!? 

I imagine there is a spiritual way to make tons of money and aligned with higher things.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

@Leo Gura from my understanding, you are still and continue being a multi millionare!? 

I imagine there is a spiritual way to make tons of money and aligned with higher things.

I made some decent money, but nothing wild like others in my position would try to do.

Once you go down that path its hard to come back. Like, how much more money does Owen need? There is no end to it.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I made some decent money, but nothing wild like others in my position would try to do.

Once you go down that path its hard to come back. Like, how much more money does Owen need? There is no end to it.

@Leo Gura I think Making between 200k 500k per year is a decent income and don't think we need more than that really.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

@Leo Gura I think Making between 200k 500k per year is a decent income and don't think we need more than that really.

Once you run a business though, it's not just about an income, it becomes about profit maximization.

Just look at how corrupt the entire self-help industry is. It places profit maximization as their their top value.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know man. It's probably much easier for you to say this now since you already made your millions doing the scummy marketing over a decade ago.

My goal is to become financially free, precisely so I can stop having to make money at all. Because I just can't figure out a way to make good money doing work that is at least partly connected to my life purpose + is completely conscious, mature, and fully ethical.  I don't want to be working a 9-5 job for decades of my life.

And truly, what even is a completely conscious, mature, and ethical work, business and marketing? How would it look? Does it even exist in our capitalist society?

Whether you run a business yourself or work for a company, marketing & sales are the heart of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not promoting or practicing some sort of the worst possible scammy business endeavor, like many of these stage-orange money-hungry people do.

But there has to be a healthy and realistic balance to making it work in our late-stage capitalist society.

You have to also ask yourself: go crazy into marketing and sales, become free in a few years, and hope you don't get trapped and addicted to it VS do ''80%" conscious work & "20%" unconscious work for 50 years. Which one creates more harm? Which one would give you more freedom to enjoy and live a fulfilling life? Which one would give you the time and energy to provide more conscious value to humankind in your lifetime?

It's a fucking survival out there. Check if you are not living in a bubble and have taken your financial situation completely for granted after a decade of freedom.

I have tried to make good money fully consciously, honestly, and ethically for years... It's really really hard. Connect that to your life purpose and perhaps it's impossible for most (especially if you are on the more conscious side of development, which is the only reason one would be struggling with this in the first place). At some point, you gotta just stop living in fantasy and look at it more realistically. It's survival after all.

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

4 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

I don't know man. It's probably much easier for you to say this now since you already made your millions doing the scummy marketing over a decade ago.

That's how I feel. And it's still better to market a good product than not contributing anything to society at all. Plus starting a business gives you valuable life experience and is a great way of doing personal development. 

Posted (edited)

I agree. @Miguel1 @Butters  If you got to eat, you got to eat. And it's possible to start a business offering a rock-solid service or product that delivers on results without being scammy or cheap.

If you aren't doing your own thing, you will be an employee for someone else's. And chances are they will be FAR LESS conscious than if you started a business yourself and did it in the proper faith. 

So to me, there are two options: sell someone else's product and work for them or sell your own product and work for yourself.

Even if you work at a high school as a teacher because you are "high conscious", you are still selling their shitty ass modern schooling product which poisons peoples minds.

Even if you take a "traditional job," chances are you are contributing to a ecosystem and organization that is 100x more fucked and devilish than you realize.

But of course - you can start your own business and get lost in the sauce of success as well, like Owen.

So they both have traps.

We are in an existential bind!

But honestly which is better objectively? To me, starting your own. Because you can do it in a conscious way from the get-go (especially if you are aware of Leo's content and spirituality), and deliver on results for people who want them - then you can exit or stop when you've had enough. The former option of working for someone else, you don't have that option. You don't really have any options working for someone else but to do what they say and stay within the lines so you don't lose your job.

To me it's a no-brainer, but regardless: you have to pick your poison.

Welcome to being a human in 2024!

(Unless you want to ditch the whole thing and go meditate in the Himalayans that is :D)

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

How can you compete nowdays with so much noise, stimulus & options?

If you are starting a business from scratch, you better think about attention hacking, growth & scale strategy.

You have to choose a marketing/sales strategy.

I really like this idea on having 1000 true fans.

Posted (edited)

@Miguel1 I get it. Survival is corruption. It's a hell of a force. Good luck wrestling with it.

Edited by Leo Gura