VictorB02

Owen Cook Priceless Business Advice

147 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

That’s why you develop the actual skills and discipline to learn how to run a business in a highly functioning way so you can make something REAL happen that gives clients the results THEY WANT. 

And how do people usually develop those skills?

By getting a formal education and working in some career for a long time. Maybe even being an employee.

But this is exactly what Owen is steering his audience away from because it's "not niche".

Lol.

You can learn everything you need to know online, without Leos business playlist is a great place to start. So is Alex Hormozis content. And Owen Cook. And Dan Koe. And all these other high-level business owners. To me, you’re insane to not listen to their thousands of hours of content. ITS RIGHT THERE

Maybe if you are specifically interested in internet marketing you can learn it all online.

But that's a strategy that will only work for a small number of people.

The traditional path is fine but it’s not for me. Yes of course that comes with a cost, but also comes with massive upside because there is no limit to what you can create / make. Doesn’t mean I won’t take a job just means it’s a stepping stone to something greater. I also happen to be very entrepreneurial minded so, like I said, he’s speaking to his Niche. I am that niche. I always have been, and Niche by definition IS Anti-Mainstream, and every cell of my body revolts at the idea of slaving my life away at a 9-5. That’s why I started a business and started creating my own content. There is a path. 

Dude, there isn't anything special or niche about what you are doing.

Internet marketing IS a deeply saturated industry that is highly competitive. Every idiot wants financial freedom. But you think you are unique and breaking the matrix or something.

Many people in IM are making their money off of selling the IM dream to other wanna-be internet marketers.

You realize you have a supercomputer in your pocket?

And so does everyone else. So that's not some unique advantage.

Also, no supercomputer can download skills into your brain at this point. You are still going to have to work hard to develop at whatever you are trying to do.

I will not fucking stop until I create an insane amount of wealth on my own, in a highly conscious and creative way. I refuse to be a slave. I refuse to be a victim. 

With that mindset, what can be accomplished? And what good can be used with that money when it is? What can be created? What can be given back to those who need help? 

I'm not telling you to be a victim. I'm pointing out problems of Stage Orange kind of thinking.

How about instead of entrenching yourself with insane amounts of wealth and then giving back crumbs to the plebs, we just create a more equal society?

Maybe a better society would be one where no one has insane amounts of wealth. Maybe insane amounts of wealth itself is a trap.

Think about that.

Nothing is wrong with it. I do content marketing and make more than I could working full time at minimum wage. It’s not easy, but it’s fucking awesome to be making money through the internet. And doing it in a conscious way is EVEN MORE satisfying.

That’s why I’m flying to Indonesia on a one way ticket next week. 

Don’t let people put doubt in your mind.

If you want to do it, do it.

Well if it's working for you then go for it.

I'm just making my critiques. Do what you want.

Posted (edited)

Owen's whole approach to life is very specific to his personality type. It is not suitable for many people. But for those who have a similar personality type to him it might fit like a glove.

The trap here would be to take Owen's way as the best or only way -- to think that you have to be like him to be successful.

For example, Owen's way does not suit me. But I can still take tidbits from his approach to life.

The meta lesson here is that it's important to be selective when learning from strong leaders, because they will try to convince you that their way is the best or only way.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@aurum

8 hours ago, aurum said:

All that will happen is people will get sucked into some type of Andrew Tate / internet marketing / coaching / alternative health / crypto / daytrading nonsense. There are endless such trash ways you can attempt to earn money.

And speaking of Andrew Tate, Owen’s portrayal of him in this video as “just wanting people to think” is egregious. Tate himself is deeply delusional, under massive amounts of group think and potentially dark triad. He cannot help people because he cannot even help himself.

I naively bought into the hype and dropped out of a solid STEM degree in my early 20s because I bought into to this stuff

Now I'm trying to put my life in order (and back in school)

I can't complain too much

I don't live in the Middle East

But I would be in a much better place if I continued down a route of practicality

Edited by PenguinPablo

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, aurum said:

And how do people usually develop those skills?

By getting a formal education and working in some career for a long time. Maybe even being an employee.

Yes I agree. But formal education is evolving as well. Some YouTube lectures are formal education, you just have to find them and treat them seriously as if you were in a classroom. I also took so many college level courses online when I was first starting a few years ago. And some of the best experience I got was when I worked within a marketing agency as a team lead. So absolutely - without that experience I wouldn't have the skills I have now to do my own thing. Skills really are everything. But it also helps to have intelligence, confidence, grit, and an insane work ethic as well.

4 hours ago, aurum said:

Internet marketing IS a deeply saturated industry that is highly competitive. Every idiot wants financial freedom. But you think you are unique and breaking the matrix or something.

Many people in IM are making their money off of selling the IM dream to other wanna-be internet marketers.

And so does everyone else. So that's not some unique advantage.

Also, no supercomputer can download skills into your brain at this point. You are still going to have to work hard to develop at whatever you are trying to do.

I'm not saying I'm unique in that "break out the matrix" bullshit anit-conformist conformist way. I can and will out-work any of these fools that are looking for shortcuts. So, I agree with you. That whole thing is a lazy ass circular scam of sheep trying to make their money via internet marketing by "selling" internet marketing tips and courses to other people so they can learn how to do the same exact thing.  I saw that cycle early on. None of it was actually providing a rock-solid service to a business that gets them tangible results, and so that's the route I took within internet marketing.

I also have a unique angle because I'm not doing SEO or website stuff. I'm doing content marketing and I've been making content and videos ever since I was a little kid. Like literally, movie review YouTube channels, gaming channels, "trick shot" channels, small film channels, and my most successful as a kid: my firework channel, lol. I have so many channels its insane actually. Like I obsessed over it as a kid. And many gained some good traction. So, I have a weird knack for content. I love good quality content. Especially niche content. That's why I was attracted to Leo's content / this forum, and Owen's style of content and advice. 

4 hours ago, aurum said:

I'm not telling you to be a victim. I'm pointing out problems of Stage Orange kind of thinking.

How about instead of entrenching yourself with insane amounts of wealth and then giving back crumbs to the plebs, we just create a more equal society?

Maybe a better society would be one where no one has insane amounts of wealth. Maybe insane amounts of wealth itself is a trap.

I agree in theory but in practice I can't do shit for "society" until I stabilize my own survival. I really only care about money as a tool for freedom. My whole life has been about freedom, honestly. That's why I love Consciousness work. It's like the whole archetype of my mind is oriented towards maximum freedom, and that's how I see entrepreneurship. (But of course that has its costs!)

To be honest, I could care less about Owen's 2-million-dollar jackets and watches. So stupid. I've worn the same clothes since high school, lol! I only care about money as a tool for freedom and creativity. And gadgets. I fucking love gadgets - new camera equipment, better MacBook pro, etc. But rich rich stuff disgusts me honestly. Like overly polished mansions and shitty ass sports cars sold for millions. Makes me sick.

I would rather have a nice truck and a house in the middle of the woods so I can contemplate, do mushrooms, and read Meister Eckhart in peace. 

4 hours ago, aurum said:

Well if it's working for you then go for it.

I'm just making my critiques. Do what you want.

For sure. I understand your angle and see your perspective. No hard feelings at all, really. I get it.

My whole point was that I am that weird unique niche, and always have - so it's nice to find someone like Owen who thinks similarly and doesn't give a fuck (you can't deny his authenticity, lol!). But even Owen's perspective has its limits and bias, just like the rest of us!

Edited by VictorB02
typos

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen's whole approach to life is very specific to his personality type. It is not suitable for many people. But for those who have a similar personality type to him it might fit like a glove.

The trap here would be to take Owen's way as the best or only way -- to think that you have to be like him to be successful.

For example, Owen's way does not suit me. But I can still take tidbits from his approach to life.

The meta lesson here is that it's important to be selective when learning from strong leaders, because they will try to convince you that their way is the best or only way.

Makes sense. To me it's the essence of his energy and drive that fits like a glove, but the desire to spend money on stupid shit and parties doesn't. That whole party frat boy LA social matrix politicking lifestyle makes me sick, even just thinking about it

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

8 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

but the desire to spend money on stupid shit and parties doesn't. That whole party frat boy LA social matrix politicking lifestyle makes me sick, even just thinking about it

Yeah, I'm surprised Owen hasn't outgrown it by now.

I can't be bothered to care about that stuff.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

"trick shot" channels

This gives me a new course idea:

How to become a TikTok millionaire by doing trick shots of ping-pong balls with your ass into rotating shotglasses.

The perfect course for Gen-Z :D

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura maybe he does that because of marketing strategy (his own brand). Looking like a bird gives more attention than looking like a typical dude.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura maybe he does that because of marketing strategy (his own brand). Looking like a bird gives more attention than looking like a typical dude.

To do what he does he had to drink his own Cool-Aid. Otherwise he would be disillusioned by all that human manipulation.

Owen is so power-hungry he doesn't have qualms about using whatever manipulation techniques to get his way. Which then becomes his greatest weakness because it costs him integrity.

There is good reason why the most mature, intelligent, and conscious humans do not care about marketing or sales. Marketing and sales is the domain of bullshitters and con-artists. Owen has drunk deep from that cup.

Edited by Leo Gura

Even Dan Bilzerian grew out of his playboy lifestyle

Posted (edited)

Edited by Twentyfirst

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A Rolex is essentially a useless piece of junk.

Why you bitter around rolex though. You should buy one!

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To do what he does he had to drink his own Cool-Aid. Otherwise he would be disillusioned by all that human manipulation.

Owen is so power-hungry he doesn't have qualms about using whatever manipulation techniques to get his way. Which then becomes his greatest weakness because it costs him integrity.

There is good reason why the most mature, intelligent, and conscious humans do not care about marketing or sales. Marketing and sales is the domain of bullshitters and con-artists. Owen has drunk deep from that cup.

Do you have any indication of what your audience looks like? Because I bet most are helped more by learning about marketing and getting off their fucking ass (like me) and Owen's teachings are fantastic for that. 

When you say this there will be people who will use your words to skip the hard things in life, such as starting their own brand, that's pure spiritual bypassing. You became financially independent a while ago but you're speaking to people who aren't there yet. 

Also your style of teaching doesn't allow for the drill Sargeant type of self help that Owen does, but that's what I need at this point in my life. So my point is people are going to use your criticism of Owen to do bypassing and fall back into the matrix. His matrix analogy is perfect, even if the truth is much more nuanced. Nuance doesn't make you rich. 

In another video Owen talks about creating more awareness and spiritual growth through working your fucking ass off and getting unimaginable amount of blowback. That's more what people need than armchair spirituality imo (not saying that's what you teach, just pointing to a trap I fell into that's very common in modern society). 

I do think you rightly pointed out this is for a specific type of person. 

Edited by Butters

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You live in Vegas. 

10 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

Yes I agree. But formal education is evolving as well. Some YouTube lectures are formal education, you just have to find them and treat them seriously as if you were in a classroom. I also took so many college level courses online when I was first starting a few years ago. And some of the best experience I got was when I worked within a marketing agency as a team lead. So absolutely - without that experience I wouldn't have the skills I have now to do my own thing. Skills really are everything. But it also helps to have intelligence, confidence, grit, and an insane work ethic as well

Great. So maybe you do happen to be in a position to strike out on your own. I don’t really know.

What I know is that most people are not.

Even for Owen’s audience, you would be in the minority.

I also have a unique angle because I'm not doing SEO or website stuff. I'm doing content marketing and I've been making content and videos ever since I was a little kid. Like literally, movie review YouTube channels, gaming channels, "trick shot" channels, small film channels, and my most successful as a kid: my firework channel, lol. I have so many channels its insane actually. Like I obsessed over it as a kid. And many gained some good traction. So, I have a weird knack for content. I love good quality content. Especially niche content. That's why I was attracted to Leo's content / this forum, and Owen's style of content and advice. 

If you find that fulfilling, then you do you.

I agree in theory but in practice I can't do shit for "society" until I stabilize my own survival. I really only care about money as a tool for freedom. My whole life has been about freedom, honestly. That's why I love Consciousness work. It's like the whole archetype of my mind is oriented towards maximum freedom, and that's how I see entrepreneurship. (But of course that has its costs!)

Nothing I said is an attempt to preclude you from handling your own survival to a reasonable degree. You can work hard, provide value to society and enjoy the benefits of that. Including some freedom.

But also, it’s not just that freedom has a cost. It’s that freedom is mostly a fantasy. You cannot free yourself from survival.

If anyone thinks they’ve found a way to be free from survival, I’d urge you to look again. 

Of course there are relative degrees of freedom that are possible to obtain. But they’re not as relative as people would sell you on.

Seeking too much freedom is a big trap. And much of Owen’s message encourages it.

I would rather have a nice truck and a house in the middle of the woods so I can contemplate, do mushrooms, and read Meister Eckhart in peace.

You don’t need to be rich to have that.

Posted (edited)

Seems like a very seductive trap. I'm glad I got it out of my system when I was 16, going to shitty ass trap house parties and stealing beers from our neighbors house when he was out of town. Lol!

This gives me a new course idea:

How to become a TikTok millionaire by doing trick shots of ping-pong balls with your ass into rotating shotglasses.

The perfect course for Gen-Z :D

Hahaha! Back in our day the trickshots weren't these bullshit ping pongs.

We were throwing a basketball into the hoop backwards from the top of the house while being blindfolded.

We were so cool even Dude Perfect subscribed!

That was our crowning achievement.

We basked in the glory of our neighborhood fame. 😏

Edited by VictorB02

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, aurum said:

Great. So maybe you do happen to be in a position to strike out on your own. I don’t really know.

What I know is that most people are not.

Even for Owen’s audience, you would be in the minority.

I agree. It's just good to know its not impossible.

Of you find that fulfilling, then you do you.

Nothing I said is an attempt to preclude you from handling your own survival to a reasonable degree. You can work hard, provide value to society and enjoy the benefits of that. Including some freedom.

But also, it’s not just that freedom has a cost. It’s that freedom is mostly a fantasy. You cannot free yourself from survival.

If anyone thinks they’ve found a way to be free from survival, I’d urge you to look again. 

For sure. I think that's the one gift we were given living in these western developed societies. So many options. If I was born in another country or even another time like 60 years ago who knows what I would do (probably be a hippie and take LSD at grateful dead concerts then take a journey to meet a mystical sage named Maharaji in India)

You don’t need to be rich to have that.

True. But like I said, I don't care about being "rich".

I care about having the free time and space to create my life how I want, and I just don't see that as possible when you are working a "Traditional" job.

Not the path for me.

Edited by VictorB02

His recent videos especially his free tour videos have been mediocre. He barely makes a point before vaguely ranting about Satanist’s ruining America.

He said he will soon start releasing a edited 52 vid series, hopefully that is better. 

I actually really liked the first videos he made when he quit teaching game, the oldest ones still on his main channel. But his recent ones have been not worth the time investment.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Butters said:

Because I bet most are helped more by learning about marketing and getting off their fucking ass (

I'm not saying marketing isn't useful. It's necessary for business. But the cost of success in that domain is that you turn into a bullshitter, manipulator, and devil.

There is a cost for what Owen teaches and how he lives which he isn't fully aware of and doesn't tell you about.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not saying marketing isn't useful. It's necessary for business. But the cost of success in that domain is that you turn into a bullshitter, manipulator, and devil.

Yeah but very few alternatives. The benefit of having financial freedom outweighs this cost imo, the challenge is then to remain conscious in your business journey. The alternative for most people will be to sit at home and do nothing, just mental mastirbation and half assing spirituality. 

It's not like actualized members are super enlightened and learning marketing will corrupt them. Learning what owen talks about is a massive step up for most, not down. 

Edited by Butters