integral

Why do gay men sound gay? Identity!

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Gay men identify with sounding gay. The way you speak right now is what you identify with the most. You want the world to hear you speak in a specific way because that’s how you want the world to experience you or else you would feel insecure if you didn’t or inauthentic.

All of this is to maintain your bubble called Self. This is the game you’re playing the self game. If you were to stop playing this game you would die and will be unable to survive in very basic ways.

Nonjudgmentally when listening to gay speak tonality it comes off as a childish game and an obvious fakery. They are not being fake in fact they’re being authentic but to everyone else it is obviously an act, it is obvious identity statement and a game of self. In the same way we are all acting “normally” as A game of self, all normality is the invisible self.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

What if all the people are acting when they speak 😐 

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

Gender roles in general are full of roleplaying. Women roleplay being cutesy and dudes roleplay being alpha bros.

Look at a video of Andrew Tate puffing his cigar shirtless while acting tough. His workshop is literally dudes punching each other in the face.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Again, I don’t think it’s as simple and men and women would act the same without “role playing” I also don’t completely agree the same is for gay men. 

People have a character, or way of behaving that is natural to them. There is a degree of role playing. 

I will continue to contemplate over time. But, is a gay man gay because of identity or his natural preference? If you can have a sexual preference why not also a way of moving, speaking and thinking? 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

If you can have a sexual preference why not also a way of moving, speaking and thinking? 

I like this perspective, many factors play a role in what your preferences are.

How can you mold into a specific preference of moving and speaking if you haven’t seen it before? It seems impossible but maybe I’m wrong maybe it’s intuitive like sexual preference.

If we go back in time people behaved completely differently and they took on a different role-play based on their preferences, so it seems strongly related to the culture they grew up in and what they gravitate towards.

Black culture you could see that their style of speaking has a lot of mannerisms associated with that culture. It’s like that for every culture.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral Hmm, it is likely multifaceted 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

They have a more feminine brain, because of low prenatal testosterone (or e2 ?)or something like that.

Given that the stress response is higher, they need to surrenders themselves to stories in the matrix, that trigger a kind of physical mania.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

It's not just the voice that plays into it. I could never completely identify with the typical men even though all my peers were like that. My social environment is very leftist now and I integrated plenty of playful physical gestures, not a gay voice but one with a wider frequency and other personality traits which aren't typical for hetero cis men. I like women but I could be bisexual idk yet. 

On 04/07/2024 at 6:51 PM, Jannes said:

It's not just the voice that plays into it. I could never completely identify with the typical men even though all my peers were like that. My social environment is very leftist now and I integrated plenty of playful physical gestures, not a gay voice but one with a wider frequency and other personality traits which aren't typical for hetero cis men. I like women but I could be bisexual idk yet. 

There are far right homosexuals.

23 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

And transgender

59 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

There are always exceptions. 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Yimpa said:

And transgender

Interesting 

13 hours ago, Jannes said:

There are always exceptions. 

Homosexuals have an interest to vote at right in a country invaded by muslims immigration.

Edited by Schizophonia

@integral

I think it's more about what is more gravitating. I have noticed that when I was learning English accents, I learned from women mostly because I liked having that high-pitched nasally sound.

@Yimpa 

Hélmer Herrera, aka Pacho, was gay and a member of the Cali cartel.