BlueOak

Mother had an acute stroke: Give me any solutions or information you know.

12 posts in this topic

Hey, thanks for stopping by here.

I'm looking to draw upon any and all information you have regarding strokes. My mother had swelling on the brain, and a pain in the back of her head. She slowly fainted and started shaking, going into the hospital on Saturday night, and has slightly recovered each day. Her levels of consciousness dip in and out from what they call a 15 (normal) to a 7 at her lowest, but her memory seems to function fine. Her speech is a bit slurred; she can now feel on her right side but not move it properly yet; her left is fine. 

She's not moved into therapy yet and is in a critical care unit still, but is off a heart rate monitor now. In my visits I've tried:

Familiar smells from perfume. Textures on a blanket she owns and rests with. Pictures she sleeps with. Being there for her and encouraging her, telling her to take her time but keep trying to open her eyes (she can but not much and sees double), to keep her body moving like she was doing exercises at home. I don't have any headphones for her yet, but they said I could bring some in.

I'm the one who is keeping it together, and part of the reason is acceptance of what we are, thank you all for that, but also solutions, so any you have would be great. More esoterically, I've realized that I can speak to her consciousness directly, even while alive. So I did a bit of that when she was at her worst and grieved for a time, but I made peace however it was going to go. I've tried to focus some healing on her left arm while I was there through movement and motion along her bad arm to stimulate any response, and energy transfer.

Whatever else you know,. I don't care what it is or where it comes from, I'll investigate it all.

Thanks.

@BlueOak just leave it to the professionals for now. Best thing you can personally do is just be there to support her emotionally.

Posted (edited)

Consult with quality doctors not internet randos.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

+1

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Respectfully, at this juncture, I'll consult with anyone. I am not stupid, Leo, and capable of double-checking sources and facts.

Plus you know, we are consulting with our own projections and reflections.

Edited by BlueOak

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, aurum said:

@BlueOak just leave it to the professionals for now. Best thing you can personally do is just be there to support her emotionally.

I appreciate the feedback, but part of the way I cope with anything serious is by looking for solutions to problems. As in arranging her living area to be more suitable, moving things downstairs etc.

10 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Thanks, I made peace with either outcome, as with my heart problem.

I'll keep looking for information. Sorry, universe, but I'm ignoring you this time in favor of not sitting on my hands, because never in my life has that ever done anything positive.

Edited by BlueOak

For anyone going through this, I hope it helps:

This man seems to know his subject, Dr. Eric Berg

If I find anything else relevant in the next few days i'll link it here to help others.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It would be wiser to say to search for doctors who have results with this specific issue. Because a quality doctor is vague, very hard to find and he would have no idea how to identify them.

The next thing is to find people who have success healing from this Pacific kind of issue and learn from their healing path.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

6 hours ago, BlueOak said:

As in arranging her living area to be more suitable, moving things downstairs etc.

That’s all perfectly fine.

When I said leave it to the professionals, I was referring to her actual medical care.

Posted (edited)

No advice other than following professional advice but sending my best to you and your family. Lot of strength and resilience in months to come! Don't forget to take care of your wellbeing in the midst of all this. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, aurum said:

That’s all perfectly fine.

When I said leave it to the professionals, I was referring to her actual medical care.

Arranging her living environment to be therapeutic will be part of the medical care. This is why I never leave anything to doctors or a single doctor alone they are very narrowly focused on their own specialties. I worked in alternative therapies for 8 years or so.

@Michael569

Appreciate it. 

Edited by BlueOak