SQAAD

Leo Do Psychedelics Strain The Body?

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Do psychedelics put strain on the body if used appropriately?? I have been using psychedelics for the past 5-6 years with no issues thus far. Mainly mushroooms and now i finally got my hand on some pretty powerful LSD.

The magic mushrooms are definietely very benign & well-tolerated and do not cause strain on my body i feel. I prefer to take magic mushrooms over alchohol every day of the week. I feel it's very easy on the body.

With the LSD i have some mixed results and nothing conclusive so far. It's definitely very strong and can elevate your stress hormones too much if you are not careful.

The man in the video below says that psychedelics open channels that should not be open all the time. Also he says that he took San Pedro and it strained his system, causing his to have worse eyesight..

I don't know what to make of all this. I just wanna keep exploring psychedelics because i am very passionate about accessing different states of Consciousness. But at the same time i am terrified of causing irreversible damage to my body.

I'm asking Leo specifically because he has massive experience with very strong psychedelics. I would love anyone's feedback on this topic who has massive experience as well. Thank you for the time.

Edited by SQAAD

Psychedelics are neither good nor bad, they will be what you make of them. They can be abused just like everything else and it will have consequences. Those consequences can be pretty bad if used incorrectly, because they are very powerful tools.

So don't forget to treat them with respect. And even then every trip has its prize, just like everything else has.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

Posted (edited)

Of all the different psychedelics you could use, mushrooms would be much more on the benign end, as you've already noticed. LSD would fall a few notches closer to being harmful imo. It's a lot more stimulating, which can leave you feeling strung out and depleted. This would no doubt take a toll over time.

The topic was covered pretty extensively in the thread linked below, in case you haven't seen it.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

Yes. It's just a question of how much your body can handle, which no one can tell you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura can your body recover totally in your experience?And is tripping twice a week in terms of your experience save? I ask especially you because you are probably the only one on this forum with such a huge amount of trips and so much long-term trip experience.

I have tripped about 200  times over 7 years over all kinds of psychedelics. While I recognized that my first trips were very draining and had hangover effects on my body, somehow these negative side effects disappeared completely after around 10 trips.

My eyes are sharp. Maybe 5 Meo DMT helped to improve my eyesights even.So far I recognized no negative side effects at all. Just from too much vaping 5 Meo sometimes I get mild headache on the day but thats ok.

Edited by OBEler

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. It's just a question of how much your body can handle, which no one can tell you.

When did you last use psychedelics btw? And where they having the same intense effect by the time you stopped?

I reviewed some of your older posts on psychedelics and its so hard to follow your position. At some points you seen psychedelics as truth in a pill that can expedite you towards liberation. And you insinuate their is a purificaiton element to them, you mentioned be careufl using them if youve been sinning etc

But your recent takes are almost dimissive of them, as though they have no bearing on the human part, and theyre simply tools for intellectualisation about metaphysics

Due to your role as an evanglist on them, will you ever release an update on your current stance?

Posted (edited)

Psychedelics affect people too differently to make an universal claims here.

The bottomline is that you don't know how they will affect your health, so you should be careful. You don't know how much your body can take. One day it might fail.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, bambi said:

you seen psychedelics as truth in a pill

That's what they are, but that doesn't mean it's good for your health.

You guys make a lot of such simplistic assumptions.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I appreciate that, but you published a ton of assured affirmative claims and suggestions about them, which was great, but interacting with you recently seems like you arent as convinced by them as you previously where

Just out of kindness and a sense of ethical/intellecutal obligaiton considering how publicy vocal you have been on them in the past. An up-to-date treatise on them for 2024/25 im sure would be helpful for many people

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We make such simplistic assumptions because there are almost no reports here from anyone who damaged his health in any way through psychedelic usage (only one case but it was a big overwhelming dose of 5 Meo Dmt). I have tripped so much already and also don't see any negative  biological/ energetic effects. Psychological is another topic.

What we need are anecdotes not assumptions/ generalizations (everyone is different and so on, yeah we heard that often enough). So please share your anecdotes

Edited by OBEler

Posted (edited)

my perspective : taking psychedelics is like temporally overclocking your neurotransmitters. I have very clear direct experience of what it feels like to have manually messed up dopamine systems, and after taking AL -Lad it feels similar the following days. Probably mostly affecting serotonin. Even Modafinil has this " neurotransmitter  hangover " ( for me ) 

maybe my experience will be different as i become more experienced

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

20 minutes ago, bambi said:

but interacting with you recently seems like you arent as convinced by them as you previously where

I have said nothing against their truthfulness.

My health does not allow me to use psychedelics any more. But my health situation is pretty unique, so you should not draw too many conclusions from that.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have said nothing against their truthfulness.

My health does not allow me to use psychedelics any more. But my health situation is pretty unique, so you should not draw too many conclusions from that.

Alot of my friends struggle with trauma and addictions, and I have recommended psychedelics to them to help them lol

I have 5meo dmt and malt in the post, based mainly on what I learnt here

We have all taken plenty of ketamine, but based on my recent experiences with LSD, I dont count Ketamine as a psychedelic at all, and also no where near as healing.

I will report back on the healing properties of pscyhedelics when and if I heal lol! So many people including yourself where very excited previous on pscyhedelics capacity to help humanity heal and move to a better healthier paradigm. But maybe due to your recent illness your not as enthusiastic

My brother and I both suffer from auto-immune conditions (our dad was a heroin addict), and we have both researched healing modalities and worked with top functional health practitioners. Ive personally used lots of peptides, and researched stem cell/exosomes etc etc. I know you research alot but if you ever want to discuss more than happy

I usually ask others for validation about how a psychedelic will affect me. Bad mistake. This is limiting your potential for exploration!

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura are psychedelics dangerous for health or not ?

Of course

Edited by Leo Gura

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course

23 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura are psychedelics dangerous for health or not ?

They fucked my nervous system. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Don't you guys think the real answer is probably in a gray area? It'd be kind of ridiculous for Leo to make a binary statement that they're either healthy or dangerous. Not only would it be an incomplete answer, but with all the people hanging on his every response and making modifications to their lives based on it, a large number of them could be led astray. Like everything else in life, there's nuance to the argument.

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

They fucked my nervous system. 

Its not possible to tell if this is ultimately a temporary negative, in a longer positive healing

Going to the gym will temporarily give you muslce soreness for example

Just now, What Am I said:

Don't you guys think the real answer is probably in a gray area? It'd be kind of ridiculous for Leo to make a binary statement that they're either healthy or dangerous. Not only would it be an incomplete answer, but with all the people hanging on his every response and making modifications to their lives based on it, a large number of them could be led astray. Like everything else in life, there's nuance to the argument.

I disagree with this. It reduces everything to 0 or nothing. We simply wouldnt be able to say anyhting about anything. 

What we need is understanding, context and nuance. We need to understand the core process and mechanism of psychedelics, what are they actually doing and on what dimensions. From here we need to be able to create treatment plans or strategies inline with a speicifc goal or measure

IT shouldnt be that difficult. The problem is the usage is highly unregulated or controlled, no one is really that honest or authentic and its a sea of misinformaiton and bullshit on all fronts lol!

Some people have found tremendous healing psychedelics, some seemingly have hurt themselves, but the confounding variables arent clear due to lack of self reporting and reflection.

The gym, excercise and nutrition is very healthy when done right, and we have lots of informaiton on what this looks like, and where the limits lie before it becomes destructive