SQAAD

Leo Do Psychedelics Strain The Body?

68 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Clarence said:

Do you think there's a chance you'll ever be able to use psychedelics again? I guess you might not know at this point, but that sounds like really tough news.

I would never use my partner. They are God.

I think they do stress the system personally. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Psychedelics have personally increased my physical health issues but decreased my mental health issues.

@Yimpa Interesting. I don’t think they affected my physical health in that way. I also don’t use them that frequently and I live a generally healthy and active lifestyle. 

They have grown me in such profound ways. Them, in combination with manual spiritual and personal development.

◭"89"

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Keep dreaming. 

I appreciate your decision. I can understand that you don't want to be confronted with unnecessary critique on the internet (which will be 100% the case for people who reveal their thoughts/life/journey transparently).

Nevertheless your couch videos, retreats and live streamings will be remembered as most inspiring videos on YouTube for many here. Huge appreciation for that.

7 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Thought Art finding that balance truly takes mastery

Oh yea 

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My health does not allow me to use psychedelics any more. 

Leo losing psychedelics reminds me of Beethoven slowly losing hearing

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Just now, Davino said:

Leo losing psychedelics reminds me of Beethoven slowly losing hearing

lol not bad, interesting comparison. Definitely some irony there.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Do psychedelics put strain on the body if used appropriately??

@SQAAD Yes, they do.

Doing sport also puts a lot of strain the body. I do martial arts, I can tell you it taxes the body but also has huge huge benefits. Same with psychedelics, like choosing a martial art, choosing the proper chemical for you, the best fitting one is of utmost importance.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

The magic mushrooms are definietely very benign & well-tolerated and do not cause strain on my body i feel. I feel it's very easy on the body.

Use this as a rule of thumb, the more a psychedelic changes your state in the body the more potential it has to give you adverse effects. This approach has many limitations, but for normal LSD I get 16h of tripping, twelve of dose very solid. In this sense I find 5meo or Salvia more easy on the body.

This is my experience, but you gotta see what chemicals best fits with your psyche and body chemistry. This is crucial, I'm very 5meo like by default so it makes sense that such chemical interacts greatly on me. Maybe you are more mushroom like, that's wonderful. So try the wide wide buffet of psychedelic and work with it. There has been quite a research done regarding the consumption of the same type of drug over time, the body ends up adapting and balancing the bad side effects, it kind of gets used to it and the intelligence inside the body starts working. So it would be wise to really make a big experimentation for the next 2 years and then stick to your favourite ones for a decade and then redoo this process. If you care about really being safe with psychedelics and you are really trying to minimize the side effects while having all the benefits. That's how I would do it at least if I had your priorities. 

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

With the LSD i have some mixed results and nothing conclusive so far. It's definitely very strong and can elevate your stress hormones too much if you are not careful.

Yes, the longer it is in the body, the more it messes up with it.

Although there is great great benefit in long ass journeys of tripping. If you are a serious psychonaut you know. But it messes up with all the bodily processes.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

The man in the video below says that psychedelics open channels that should not be open all the time.

I watched some of his content in the past. He's genuine and gives some nuggets of gold here and there, but he's where he's at and still has to clean the remainings of his green SD.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I don't know what to make of all this. I just wanna keep exploring psychedelics because i am very passionate about accessing different states of Consciousness.

This is critical

You need to hold everything at the same standard then. If you really would lose something as valuable as psychedelics for health, being that on top priority. Then you also may have to change your whole diet, do sport, take care of your habits and many other things. The point is be integrated with whatever decision you take and create a holistic cohesive live around it.

It would be a shame to lose psychedelics and the IMMENSE POTENTIAL they have because of some fear of health and then posoning your self in other ways.

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

But at the same time i am terrified of causing irreversible damage to my body.

Hey

We are all gonna die

There's no way around that one sorry

The Death experience is unavoidable

Suffering, disease, pain... even with the BEST of your planning and intelligence; you'll experience a great deal of shit in your life

Embrace it! 

Decide ⚖️

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

It’s good to have a healthy fear of psychedelics 

◭"89"

10 minutes ago, Davino said:

Doing sport also puts a lot of strain the body. I do martial arts, I can tell you it taxes the body but also has huge huge benefits. Same with psychedelics, like choosing a martial art, choosing the proper chemical for you, the best fitting one is of utmost importance.

Likewise, not all countries tax the same way since they’re at different stages of spiral of development.

What martial arts is the US doing?

Psychedelics strain the brain 

◭"89"

42 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Psychedelics strain the brain 

Please stop one sentence posts without any explanation on such sensitive topics. You already made your wise claim that you need to be careful with psychedelics in this thread and now such a short post without any explanation. Can you at least elaborate?

@OBEler Let him cook, he's Thought Art

Posted (edited)

@OBEler @Davino  What if the @Thought Art is the thoughts he inspires us to cultivate in ourselves along the way 🙂‍↕️

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Posted (edited)

What strains my body much more than psychedelics is the everyday stresses I encounter while living life.

Can I do anything about it? No, because I need to survive

i personally find that life in general is bad for your health.

when compared to the above, i just get comedowns sometimes on psychedelics. so it’s nothing when compared to the general stress of living.

I think Leo is pretty clear about his health issues are specific to him and he doesn’t know anything about you

i dont find psychedelics taxing. Yes, you feel bad for days after mdma and yes , lsd is tiresome but nothing eberyone else hasn’t pointed out

in terms of Leo’s journey, there are sober means like yoga.

im personally no expert on sober practices but if you had special experiences on psychedelics, having them through yoga again should be much easier than to a person who has done yoga and nothing else

Edited by maxpechura

Posted (edited)

@OBEler Yeah sure. 

I admit I thought it was very funny to Rhyme strain with brain. I can easily overlook the tone of voice doesn’t carry well on a forum. 

I generally am very serious about these substances. It is true that these substances strain your brain and mind. This is why taking time to integrate and to go slow is important. 

These substances affect us all differently. They tend to strain the brain though regardless. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@maxpechura This is true. But, we can learn to use the stress of life to make us stronger. There are books on this.

◭"89"

For me personally acid, 2cb, RCs, MDMA, without a shadow of a doubt.

Shrooms ive found to do the opposite if anything. 

There was bobbys perspective on YouTube who made a vid claiming 30g of shrooms healed his broken dick and an incurable disease miraculously but he took the vid down for whatever reason. 

I heard one incident about acid healing a womans stroke years ago, hearsay or not I stand that acid is very taxing on the body however.

One thing I will add is that my breathing changes on trips. I naturally exhale and hold when heavy tripping, even without noticing like my body has a natural symbiosis with peak states. I looked into this and soma breathwork mimics a very similar breathing pattern and is researched to find evidence that the body releases stem cells after long periods of held exhalation. NOT CLAIMING PSYCHS DO THIS OR HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THEY HAVE DONE THIS FOR ME. I just want to point the link out as I find it interesting and always feel like "source" is filling my body with life in this symbiotic state. Again no claims just interesting link to add.