Leo Do Psychedelics Strain The Body?

68 posts in this topic

What is a psychedelic?

;)

LSD feels super draining to me. Ayahuasca and mushrooms not so much

Posted (edited)

Danger != guaranteed harm.

Danger is danger.

A crocodile is dangerous. Whether you end up bitten no one can tell you. Depends on what you do and your luck.

Fact: crocodiles eat 1000 people per year.

Will you be one of them? How could I tell you?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, bambi said:

I disagree with this. It reduces everything to 0 or nothing. We simply wouldnt be able to say anyhting about anything. 

What we need is understanding, context and nuance. We need to understand the core process and mechanism of psychedelics, what are they actually doing and on what dimensions. From here we need to be able to create treatment plans or strategies inline with a speicifc goal or measure

IT shouldnt be that difficult. The problem is the usage is highly unregulated or controlled, no one is really that honest or authentic and its a sea of misinformaiton and bullshit on all fronts lol!

Some people have found tremendous healing psychedelics, some seemingly have hurt themselves, but the confounding variables arent clear due to lack of self reporting and reflection.

The gym, excercise and nutrition is very healthy when done right, and we have lots of informaiton on what this looks like, and where the limits lie before it becomes destructive

I guess a fair question would be what type of answer you'd like Leo to give? What would the answer look like? Would it be one listing off the various receptors in the brain and body, and a description of how they're negatively affected based on peer-reviewed research? Or would it be an answer more along the lines of anecdote based on how he felt after using them? Or maybe something in between?

A precise answer about psychedelic dangers as a whole may be something that doesn't exist on Earth. I believe he recommends them if you'd like to experience high levels of truth, but with the conscious understanding of potential danger. Not trying to put words in his mouth, but that's what I've taken from his responses.

Edited by What Am I

12 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What is a psychedelic?

;)

Crazy comment tbh without adding additional context, feels like your simply triyng to obfuscated things and introduce noise to appear smart with hidden wisdom

13 minutes ago, max duewel said:

LSD feels super draining to me. Ayahuasca and mushrooms not so much

Yes same, but I dont make any conclusions about the after effects and their damage or healing. The gym and most other healthy activities are not without refactory periods

4 minutes ago, bambi said:

Crazy comment tbh without adding additional context, feels like your simply triyng to obfuscated things and introduce noise to appear smart with hidden wisdom

I don’t understand what I mean sometimes :P

1 minute ago, What Am I said:

I guess a fair question would be what type of answer you'd like Leo to give? What would the answer look like? Would it be one listing off the various receptors in the brain and body, and a description of how they're negatively affected based on peer-reviewed research? Or would it be an answer more along the lines of anecdote based on how he felt after using them? Or maybe something in between?

Yes exactly your second part, for me someone in integrity and honesty would be fully transparent, hes very very obtuse and slippery

Something like:

"I orignally tried psychedelics in 2016 and for years had major healing benefits, and deep spiritual insights. I tried over 20 different compounds. The ones that had the most efficacy for healing I found to be LSD and DPT, and then for spiritual breakthroughs 5meo dmt and malt, however these are equally healing in their own right.

The issue I face is that it doesnt seem to linear healing. I have experienced periods of immense suffering pain and inner reflection interspersed with great periods of deeper peace joy and serenity then I knew possible.

Im not sure if psychedelics can be overused, or that I did overuse them at times when I should have been doing integration work, and also I am dealing with physical health issues I cant seem to get to the root cause. I stopped using psychedelics 18 months ago after several not great experiences, and an overall sense I need to focus on other things

Right now its hard for me to speak about them as Im dealing with pain in other areas. Overall my current position is for the majority of people done in a proper context they can be hugely beneficial until a certain point. Dosage frequnecy etc is still unknonw to me."

That would be a post from integrity to me persoanlly

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, bambi said:

Gotcha, I don't disagree with that. I try to create those exact types of posts which are full of detail about my experience.

Though I think it's worth remembering that Leo has a ridiculous number of people paying attention to whatever he says. It's hard to know what ripple effect may occur from him being overly verbose, as you never know how any particular individual will interpret what he says. I'm sure it's a tricky thing, and probably worth cutting him a little slack now and then.

Edited by What Am I

My partner is a powerful psychedelic. They put a strain on my body and expand my mind :x

2 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Gotcha, well I don't disagree with that. I try to create those exact types of posts which are full of detail about my experience.

Though I think it's worth remembering that Leo has a ridiculous number of people paying attention to whatever he says. It's hard to know what ripple effect may occur from him being overly verbose, as you never know how any particular individual will interpret what he says. I'm sure it's a tricky thing, and probably worth cutting him a little slack now and then.

Im not trying to be tough on him, or cause him any pain. He literally was a self appointed psychedelic evangelist and proponent, creaitng public videos and ifnormation at different points in his life. I think the request for a clear honest and authentic update considering how obtuse he has been recently is more than reasonable request.

Its not like he was some private  obscure personal person way out of the public sphere and we are bothering him

32 minutes ago, bambi said:

Its not possible to tell if this is ultimately a temporary negative, in a longer positive healing

Going to the gym will temporarily give you muslce soreness for example

Pychedelics are short term positive and long term negative in my experience. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 minute ago, bambi said:

Im not trying to be tough on him, or cause him any pain. He literally was a self appointed psychedelic evangelist and proponent, creaitng public videos and ifnormation at different points in his life. I think the request for a clear honest and authentic update considering how obtuse he has been recently is more than reasonable request.

Its not like he was some private  obscure personal person way out of the public sphere and we are bothering him

Sure, fair enough. I don't want to white knight for Leo too hard lol. Just something I keep in mind when judging his actions.

Just now, James123 said:

Pychedelics are short term positive and long term negative in my experience. 

Very interesting, care to eloborate on this?

1 minute ago, What Am I said:

Sure, fair enough. I don't want to white knight for Leo too hard lol. Just something I keep in mind when judging his actions.

Psychedelics can reveal to you an infinite chess game!

16 minutes ago, bambi said:

Yes exactly your second part, for me someone in integrity and honesty would be fully transparent, hes very very obtuse and slippery

Something like:

"I orignally tried psychedelics in 2016 and for years had major healing benefits, and deep spiritual insights. I tried over 20 different compounds. The ones that had the most efficacy for healing I found to be LSD and DPT, and then for spiritual breakthroughs 5meo dmt and malt, however these are equally healing in their own right.

The issue I face is that it doesnt seem to linear healing. I have experienced periods of immense suffering pain and inner reflection interspersed with great periods of deeper peace joy and serenity then I knew possible.

Im not sure if psychedelics can be overused, or that I did overuse them at times when I should have been doing integration work, and also I am dealing with physical health issues I cant seem to get to the root cause. I stopped using psychedelics 18 months ago after several not great experiences, and an overall sense I need to focus on other things

Right now its hard for me to speak about them as Im dealing with pain in other areas. Overall my current position is for the majority of people done in a proper context they can be hugely beneficial until a certain point. Dosage frequnecy etc is still unknonw to me."

I wish you @Leo Gura would give such an fully transparent answer. But I remember you said already it's too early to talk about and you don't want to reveal it soon (or ever?). 

You also said in your recent video,  this whole work of actualized should not go about you anymore, so you speak more general and try to exclude your personal journey.

However me and I think a lot of other followers here think that it's important to see your journey as authentic and transparent as possible. Your spiritual progress leads to alien mind stuff no one can comprehend. Making your journey hidden leads just to wild speculation and demotivation. Take Bryan Johnson as an example.I don't like him, he wants to show the word how far you can go if you take anti aging to the max. He reveals almost everything. He gets a lot of criticism but through this he also is an inspiration. 

12 minutes ago, OBEler said:

I wish you @Leo Gura would give such an fully transparent answer.

Keep dreaming.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Americans have such a low understanding of how the body works 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

My health does not allow me to use psychedelics any more.

Do you think there's a chance you'll ever be able to use psychedelics again? I guess you might not know at this point, but that sounds like really tough news.