UpperMaster

I'm falling into black pill ideology (need help to reverse it)

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Whenever I feel like I am gaslighting myself, I really hate it, I revolt against it as much as possible. For instance, if I feel as if I'm gaslighting myself into thinking that all you need to get woman is game, then I tend to look for counter-evidence because I really hate the idea of being a victim to my biases. 

This is what happened, I fell into the blackpill rabbit hole. It's very difficult to argue against blackpill because they have statistics on their side, and I feel every personal experience I had with woman can be both explained in terms of black pill or game (oh she left you because she found someone who looked better, or oh she left you because you showed her too much attention). 

I've been starting to watch videos like this. This guy is a full on black pill, talks about genetic pre-determinism, and how self improvement as a whole is just a massive cope.

I don't want to believe that self actualising is a cope, I also don't want to gaslight myself. How would you argue against these people, I mean there are probably guys that did the work and didn't get the results. I'm writing this because to maybe get some closure, so someone can give me an actually solid argument against this shit. I want to know the reality, I don't want false hope.

For me its just shocking, if the truth isn't blackpill, then why are so many men who even had success with woman start to agree with the blackpill. Another YouTuber Jacked and Stacked, a man who had success with woman started basing all his content around how self improvement is just a massive scam. He explains how even though everyone should to self improvement, you'll probably never reach your big goals. It's just not probable. Crazy thing is I don't have an argument against it.

The new blackpill isn't just on looks and dating. It's the idea that self improvement is just a massive grift. It's fake hope. 

I don't understand why people would gain this perspective if it wasn't the truth. 

Edited by UpperMaster

Yea and one more thing, like this whole blackpill thing makes sense in the Darwinian sense.

What exactly is it that you believe?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura 

The first video I saw of you was in the 7th Grade, when I got into self development. From around that time I believed that I could 

• Get very pretty woman that I am attracted to
  • Become a successful musician 
  • Build a life for myself that other people can dream possible. Live life with 100 percent passion. To honour life. 

I believed I could achieve all of this provided I worked hard and got rid of limited beliefs. That the only thing in my way is myself.

Fast forward to now, I'm starting to believe that

• Woman mainly care about looks the most. 
  • The chances of being a successful musician is incredibly rare, most people who try fail.
  • Life is nothing but a game of luck. People born in war-torn countries are fucked. People that have disfigured faces can't get woman. If you're blessed with normal genetics, there's an automatic cap on what you can achieve. If you're a normal guy, maybe you should be realistic, try to do the best of what you got, but don't expect that you can achieve what you truly want. (I really hate having to think like this, I grew up with self help content and was always filled with hope, this type of thinking is painful for me, but then again I really don't want to brainwash myself)
  • There's no free will, so self actualising as a whole seems pointless. Yes Leo, I watched all your free-will videos. I've asked you about this 2 years ago, and you told me that the real question in Do "you" have free will is what the meaning of "you" is. But you must understand that I have not experienced what you've experienced, I have to go on my own personal experience, and right now all I see is material determinism. So yes, I don't believe in free will, because I don't understand your vantage point. I just see evidence that all our actions, desires and capabilities are manifested because of our genes. This viewpoint has been parroted by Sam Harris, Robert Sapolsky and now much of the blackpill community. 

I hate having victim mindset, but it seems to me that we are victims of life.  It's somewhat problematic for me because I intuit that I am stuck between two levels of development. I intuit that my understanding of the nature of self is very primitive and that I must temporarily let go of all the pessimism and the idea of no free will in order to develop. But by doing so I feel like Im gaslighting myself again. Maybe I need permission to do so.

I believed I could really do big big shit in my life, like I could work 20-30 years with a company and make a 100 million dollars. Now I'm like, maybe I should be realistic.

Edited by UpperMaster

1 hour ago, UpperMaster said:

Whenever I feel like I am gaslighting myself, I really hate it, I revolt against it as much as possible. For instance, if I feel as if I'm gaslighting myself into thinking that all you need to get woman is game, then I tend to look for counter-evidence because I really hate the idea of being a victim to my biases. 

This is what happened, I fell into the blackpill rabbit hole. It's very difficult to argue against blackpill because they have statistics on their side, and I feel every personal experience I had with woman can be both explained in terms of black pill or game (oh she left you because she found someone who looked better, or oh she left you because you showed her too much attention). 

I've been starting to watch videos like this. This guy is a full on black pill, talks about genetic pre-determinism, and how self improvement as a whole is just a massive cope.

I don't want to believe that self actualising is a cope, I also don't want to gaslight myself. How would you argue against these people, I mean there are probably guys that did the work and didn't get the results. I'm writing this because to maybe get some closure, so someone can give me an actually solid argument against this shit. I want to know the reality, I don't want false hope.

For me its just shocking, if the truth isn't blackpill, then why are so many men who even had success with woman start to agree with the blackpill. Another YouTuber Jacked and Stacked, a man who had success with woman started basing all his content around how self improvement is just a massive scam. He explains how even though everyone should to self improvement, you'll probably never reach your big goals. It's just not probable. Crazy thing is I don't have an argument against it.

The new blackpill isn't just on looks and dating. It's the idea that self improvement is just a massive grift. It's fake hope. 

I don't understand why people would gain this perspective if it wasn't the truth. 

When you involve your mind with dark forces you end up like this. 

Find examples of the contrary. If there is one worldview there is always the opposit way. The opposite of Black Pill is Godlike Love and Mature Love. Look at the face of this Black Pillers. They are gone, the Soul is gone. 

Posted (edited)

Both things are true: genetics matter, but also you have a lot of development work to do to actualize and max out your genetics.

You are underestimating just how much can be accomplished through the right kind of labor.

The reality is that most people are far too lazy to do the work necessary to become massively successful. It's not that you can't, but that you don't have enough ambition and seriousness to even make a serious attempt.

If you knew how hard I worked to get better with girls you would cry and quit out of disgust. The people who succeed in big ways are just willing to endure that kind of labor and failure, whereas most people are not.

Today's generation is weak and spoiled. They seriously underestimate the labor it takes to achieve anything meaningful. You expect and even demand meaningful things for free. For example, you expect beautiful women for free. You have no understanding of the worth of things and the seriousness of life.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you knew how hard I worked to get better with girls you would cry and quit out of disgust. The people who succeed in big ways are just willing to endure that kind of labor and failure, whereas most people are not.

Yea see that's one thing I was wondering. Like you said you had to do 400 approaches before getting a single lay with a girl. 

How do you even do that without losing hope? How do you have faith that it will eventually work out? When should you know when something isn't working?

Like I definitely see most people quitting and saying it doesn't work before 200 approaches let alone 400. But that's like not even a bad effort, I would they know that they need 200 more approaches. 

And by the way, that's the only thing that's giving me hope right now. Like the fact that all the blackpiller may have spent 1000 of hours reading game and probably did 100 approaches, but I don't think they did 400 or 1000. 

This popped out today made me think.

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The reality is that most people are far too lazy to do the work necessary to become massively successful. It's not that you can't, but that you don't have enough ambition and seriousness to even make a serious attempt.

I have to try, I don't think I can live life knowing I didn't do it. 

2 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

This popped out today made me think.

Yea I saw this video. Crazy because messages like this I feel like I won't even understand fully until I get the material things that aren't worth while. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

Yea see that's one thing I was wondering. Like you said you had to do 400 approaches before getting a single lay with a girl. 

How do you even do that without losing hope?

Insane ambition and seriousness.

How do you have faith that it will eventually work out? When should you know when something isn't working?

The idea of quitting never even entered my mind.

That's how a serious person approaches life.

And by the way, that's the only thing that's giving me hope right now. Like the fact that all the blackpiller may have spent 1000 of hours reading game and probably did 100 approaches, but I don't think they did 400 or 1000. 

I have done 1000+ approaches without getting laid.

400 approaches is nothing. You can do 400 approaches in 2 months.

Edited by Leo Gura

@UpperMaster That means you stuck in a trap of daydreaming.

If you tryed something really really hard then it will hit you is this really worthwhile?

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Insane ambition and seriousness.

The idea of quitting never even entered my mind. That's wasn't even an option.

I have done 1000+ approaches without getting laid.

screenshotting this.

@Leo Gura yeah i mean me too i'm so serious that i'm still a virgin even though i did like 2500 approaches. but eventually i decided to quit for now and develop the things in my life that were hindering me from getting laid: mainy my mental health, i had ocd and bipolar, and i'm still in treatment right now. and also develop some financial benefits so that i can have money for a car, a phone, a hotel room...

now it's still difficult because i'm still struggling with my mental illnesses, because of them i can't do any serious self actualization work. basically my main goal is to continue my treatment and to recover and be functional again. 

and then i want develop some financial security, and maybe quit my country cuz i live in lebanon idk if it's a great place for game or no.

4 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

screenshotting this.

write " delusional optimism " with a sharpie on your Johnson 😉

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

9 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

If you tryed something really really hard then it will hit you is this really worthwhile?

The Dip by Seth Godin  is literally an entire book on that. great stuff

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Majed said:

i'm still a virgin even though i did like 2500 approaches.

It's not just about mindless labor. At some point if your results are that bad you need to change your method because you're doing it ineffectively.

You have to actually have insight into why things aren't working, not just do the same broken thing over and over.

Getting results from game requires very specific things, otherwise you will fail miserably.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura yeah i explained the situation later on in the post.