Jannes

Need Smell Maxing Tipps

12 posts in this topic

I only really used cheap deodorant my life so far but I think I am really missing out. So I have got a few questions:

Which kind of products are worth investing in? There is so much out there: perfume, cologne, body spray, essential oils, perfume in clothes, ... the list goes on. 

How important is quality? This products can get really expensive, are cheap options also good?

How do you combine different smells? If you use different products at once that is. 

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Cologne is definitely worth investing in, as well as personal hygiene like brushing your teeth, using mouth wash, deodorant, ect.

I own about five deferent colonges and they're all great, I don't use anything else like body spray as that can be overpowering.

There are different cologne concentrations in terms of how strong the cologne are like Eau De Toilette, Eau De Parfum, and Parfum being the strongest.

Price and quality wise to start off I definitely recommend the brand called Amarf, they have adorable colognes that smell great with great reviews, you can order their colognes off Amazon ranging from $30 to $40.

Also i would avoid buying super cheap cologne that are like $5, these won't do you any favor, the quality and concentration with these super cheap colognes are bad. Stick to good high quality and be on the look out for reviews.

My suggestion isn't very popular as people like to and are used to consuming conventional products and will buy any and everything out there in pretty little boxes and packages. Perfumes are toxic, colognes are toxic and body sprays are toxic. 

Essential oils is the way to go, unless one of the above mentioned is made using non-toxic ingredients of which I don't know of any.

As far as deodorants, there are a few out there with no aluminum, parabens or ethylene oxide and are OK but I still don't even bother. My way of cleaning my underarms is very simple. I use baking soda/lemon/lime/or acv. Just mix with water and wipe or wash off. For scent I use essential oils.

Bentonite Clay. This is the kicker. This clay detoxes the armpits. It's a natural way to clean the armpits and remove smells for longer periods of time and can be used to make a homemade deodorant. You can also just mix with a little water, apply and rinse. Make sure to get the food-grade since the body absorbs it.

You might not care about these, but I'm a naturalist and don't use too many conventional products;  thought I'd share incase you're interested.

Know thyself....

Personally I find the smell of my sweat pleasant, but some disagree ;(

Aparently some women find some male scent attractive, mostly whose immune system genes differ from their own (to increase genetic diversity in offspring, look into MHC genes )

But I'm not sure about the effectiveness of making your smell  your main reproductive strategy to be honest. 

I may be wrong though

I spray deodorant on the inside of my shirt instead of directly on my armpits. Still looking to create a DIY roll on alternative for hot sweaty days. Coconut oil based ones are terrible for my skin, and baking soda can mess with your skin's PH

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Posted (edited)

Lot of high end perfumes are now being imitated by companies who use essential oil perfumes, I'd go for something like that. In terms of deodorant, probably aiming for aluminium free would be a good idea if you can. 

Overall a combination of perfume and deodorant is generally enough when going out, no need to go crazy with using too many different things. Some kind of face moisturiser may help your skin look a bit radiant which can be a bonus when going on a date or something like that. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Concentrated pheromones

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

6 hours ago, Jannes said:

I only really used cheap deodorant my life so far but I think I am really missing out. So I have got a few questions:

Which kind of products are worth investing in? There is so much out there: perfume, cologne, body spray, essential oils, perfume in clothes, ... the list goes on. 

How important is quality? This products can get really expensive, are cheap options also good?

How do you combine different smells? If you use different products at once that is. 

Man, this is the sort of talk you must have with your Mother. For God Sake

Posted (edited)

@Jannes Don't listen to the haters

Getting a good fragance can really improve your image

I recommend you research the best perfumes, there are many professional channels on the matter, and then get a list of the ones that called your attention. Go to a real place and get to smell them yourself and also try it on your skin the one that you like the most. Make some tests and buy it. Realize that they are actually a great investment and although expensive, you can use them for a good solid year or more.

I've also heard a pro tip that models have. When putting a perfume, make sure to spray on front and also on your back, this creates a 360º smell experience around you. In addition, there are fragances for the hair, this seems to be a well kept secret also. You can research it and experiment.

I'm not very keen on self image and I'm working to improve it and learn about it. But man, smelling real good is something I love

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Bro too deep into blackpill