Max_V

Elden Ring DLC

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, numbersinarow said:

you beat an enemy literally designed to make mistakes,

All video games design enemies to be weak, otherwise they would be no fun to play against.

The fun comes from finding and exploiting an enemy's weakness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All video games design enemies to be weak, otherwise they would be no fun to play against.

There is perfect. Which would be boring.

There is imperfect, which is fun.

And then there is... the enemy literally doesn't try to win or makes extreme cartoonish mistakes.

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.

Posted (edited)

@numbersinarow I have the feeling that you haven't gotten into the mid and late-game bosses if you think that. In ER and Sekiro late-game, bosses only have slight openings which you have to memorize, besides that they're quite relentless.

But it can also just be that you don't like their type of games, which is fine, but I don't think it is accurate of you to say that objectively their games are made poorly.

@Leo Gura Well I tried, haha. I hope Fromsoftware will release an IP in the near future that you'll enjoy.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Thought Art Do it!

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, numbersinarow said:

And then there is... the enemy literally doesn't try to win or makes extreme cartoonish mistakes

Grunts in Halo deceivingly portray themselves as weak… but try Gruntpocalypse in Halo: Infinite. It’s pretty hard when you have a load of them throwing sticky grenades towards your face! 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I just came across this strategy by accident…. sweet!

Posted (edited)

On 6/30/2024 at 2:02 PM, Leo Gura said:

Reminds me of Pokémon, that’s why it has such mass appeal. However, ROM hacks of the old games are still being developed to this day which makes the original games much more challenging. Of course, only a niché audience can appreciate it.

Edited by Yimpa

Posted (edited)

Just beat rellana. But may have overspent my time trying to beat her. Talking 3 days straight fighter her lol

Edited by kyle barnett

@kyle barnett Yea Rellana is rough. Gotta really know which attacks give away that her combo is finished, that gets you the kill in the end.

Messmer is my favorite, he's so insanely cool! Enjoy your time.

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

On 7/1/2024 at 2:54 PM, Max_V said:

@numbersinarow I have the feeling that you haven't gotten into the mid and late-game bosses if you think that. In ER and Sekiro late-game, bosses only have slight openings which you have to memorize, besides that they're quite relentless.

But it can also just be that you don't like their type of games, which is fine, but I don't think it is accurate of you to say that objectively their games are made poorly.

It's true I haven't and that I probably don't like their type of game, as long as the game in question is closely resembling fromsoft games at least. But all footage I've seen of dark souls bosses on youtube features an unrealistic (AKA cartoonishly/overly designed to lose) bossfight. I can see the good aspects of these games but what is objectively a flaw if not a game taking itself seriously but at the same time being cartoonishly biased towards the player (regardless of what level of mechanical challenge is required of the player to win).

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.