Max_V

Elden Ring DLC

29 posts in this topic

Curious if anyone here is playing and how your experience has been so far. I've loved every second of it, such an incredible beautiful addition to an already beautiful game.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I recall Dr. K saying on one of his streams that he took an entire weekend off of all work and family responsibilities just to immerse himself in it!

@Yimpa It's the proper thing to do, haha

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Posted (edited)

Elden Ring was a disappointment. No desire buy DLC for it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Let me guess, you don't like it for the same reasons Rainworld turned you off: skill issue?

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, lostingenosmaze said:

@Leo Gura Let me guess, you don't like it for the same reasons Rainworld turned you off: skill issue?

No.

It's has too much thinly spread, filler content. It's not tight like Dark Souls.

Rainworld is not a skills issue. Rainworld is just a shitty gameplay experience. A cool world does not make the gameplay good.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Elden Ring was a disappointment. No desire buy DLC for it.

What exactly was disappointing 

Elden Ring was great when it came out, but it's been like a year and a half since I played it. Jumping back into my old character into this new content felt so weird. I'd need to play through the whole game from scratch then do the DLC to enjoy it and I don't want to spend that time. 

God and I worked things out

Forefathers, one and all... Bear witness!

Img_2024_06_25_10_49_43.jpeg

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura I had the same opinion the first hours I played Elden Ring; it changed when I realized there was no need to do everything and just started wandering around to whatever place interested me. This reminded me a lot of my time with Morrowind when I was younger -- the pure freedom and innocent exploration aspect -- and made me really love my time with the game. Of course there are main bosses you need to clear to complete the game, but whatever questline or way you go is really your own choice. The world itself is very beautifully constructed in my opinion, but if you don't like the world then I can see it probably isn't much fun to play, as the art and world are a massive part of what makes Elden Ring great. Did you enjoy other Fromsoftware games besides the Dark Souls series, like Bloodborne or Sekiro?

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@RightHand Someone must extinguish thy flame!

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, Max_V said:

@Leo Gura I had the same opinion the first hours I played Elden Ring; it changed when I realized there was no need to do everything and just started wandering around to whatever place interested me.

It's just not enjoyable. A bunch of aimless wandering and content spread too thin and overly grindy.

2 hours ago, Max_V said:

Did you enjoy other Fromsoftware games besides the Dark Souls series, like Bloodborne or Sekiro?

I found Bloodborne mediocre. Couldn't finish it.

Sekiro can't bring myself to play.

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Did you like Baldur Gates 3?

Don't like how it looks, don't like the world. No interest in playing in that world.

@Leo Gura

Fair enough, just differing tastes then.

Can we agree on the fact though that Gael is the coolest Dark Souls boss?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

30 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@Leo Gura

Fair enough, just differing tastes then.

Can we agree on the fact though that Gael is the coolest Dark Souls boss?

I don't remember their names.

There's too many cool bosses.

@Leo Gura Yesterday I remembered that you are in fact able to marry a hot witch girlfriend at the end of Elden Ring. Does this information change anything for you?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

I’d like to sit down and play Elden ring

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 6/28/2024 at 4:20 AM, Max_V said:

@Leo Gura Yesterday I remembered that you are in fact able to marry a hot witch girlfriend at the end of Elden Ring. Does this information change anything for you?

No

FromSoft games have one-dimensional on-rails art + LARPing as guts from berserk because you beat an enemy literally designed to make mistakes, when in a realistic situation you would never win. To me, nothing else feels like it was designed for the lowest common denominator than that.

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.