Ryan M

How to know if awakening is right for you

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

Interesting. Thanks.

No problem :)

Well ..I've never tried psychedelics before because I live In a shitty country which bans them and blend them unconsciously with what's classified as "drugs ".

Sorry to hear that. Though don't worry, because it is the case that you've already smuggled 5-MeO-DMT into the country via your body since it's endogenous. If someone were to naturally induce the right states of consciousness, it's my strong belief that they'd end up at the same destination. And better yet, they'd learn how to do it at will. With Adyashanti for example, unless he's leaving out major details of his story, it's not like he ingested 5meo to get there. And his description matches my experience with the psychedelic perfectly.

Anyways ..Truly an amazing experience. But my question is does the feeling lasts for a long time?...Unlike stimulant "drugs " it's less of a physical change but more of a long lasting mental impression? For me just smoking pot makes me appreciate life and the mystery of existence and what I really value. It shatters what i find comfortable in "knowing ". Do psychedelics make you experience knowing  or not knowing more ?

This is an area where I'm not sure if many on the forum agree with me. The power of 5meo to make a lasting change relates to its ability to excite the human subtle energetic anatomy, not its acute chemical effect. It's these energetic organs that actually ground and sustain the higher experience in the human form. Similar to how a properly functioning eye can see in detailed and colorful 20/20 vision. The further your conscious awareness dips into its subtle and causal realms, the more energy is released. This ultimately leads to an explosion of energy called kundalini, which is a powerful built-in activator for all kinds of higher human functions. Since you live in India and you've been into this stuff for a while, I'm guessing you're already familiar with a lot of I'm describing. I'm just expressing it for the sake of being detailed.

So a simple way to think about 5meo use is that it forces you into a very deep and powerful state of meditation. It'd essentially be nirvikalpa samadhi if you push it far enough. If someone were to naturally meditate to that level, they'd have the same energetic release, which would lead to the same changes in their perception.

Like I mentioned in a post above in this thread, the effects of a powerful trip can last for a week or two. This would be the result of the influx of energy induced in the single experience. If you have a proper spiritual practice outside of occasional 5meo use, you can ground this new perception and make it last much longer. For example, I've had periods where I've gone a few months between 5meo uses, and I'd still get flashes of experiential non-duality due to my daily attention on practice.

So barring the sustainment of these types of changes, the experience will reduce to a mere memory. I'm pretty sure that's the more common result for most 5meo users.

Here's a badass video to help hype it up lol:

Edited by What Am I