Ryan M

How to know if awakening is right for you

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Almost everyday I consider the idea of getting my hands on some 5-Meo and experiencing for myself what awakening is all about. I then talk myself out of it because it sounds too radical and almost traumatic. I may discover things that makes life as an ego too miserable. What if I spend the rest of my life looking at my friends, family, and partner as a weird mindfuck because I know the truth, would that be worth it? I might have an existential crisis for the rest of my life based on the things I’ve heard about it but at the same time I cant stop being curious

Edited by Ryan M

23 minutes ago, Ryan M said:

What if I spend the rest of my life looking at my friends, family, and partner as a weird mindfuck because I know the truth, would that be worth it?

What if I spend the rest of my life mindfucked because I was more worried about looking to my peers as a midfuck than pursuing Truth. From my experience of Hundreds of Ayahusca Trips and Two 5Meo, including one that ended up in tragedy and knowing that that could be me. Looking back I would not change a bit of my choices. Truth dont make me look to my family and friends as a mindfuck, I just accept better now that will be all good when they go and when I go to, because I know that nothing is lost. But of course, is up to each one decide how deep one want to go. 

Are You Peaceful or Happy of Your own nature? If Not then forget this idea of "Awakening to God and realizing everything is a Dream" BS, because its all BS in my book, you take a drug it makes You think Your the only one in existence and that everything is a dream is BS, take another drug and it will make You believe in something else, its the f'n drug making you believe all this crap I don't know why ppl buy into it so much...

Just make Yourself Peaceful and Blissful by your own nature, then You will enjoy Your family and life situations while here and Embodied on this plane of existence, then You will leave naturally when the time is right, and there will be no stress inbetween,,,

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 hour ago, Ryan M said:

Almost everyday I consider the idea of getting my hands on some 5-Meo and experiencing for myself what awakening is all about. I then talk myself out of it because it sounds too radical and almost traumatic. I may discover things that makes life as an ego too miserable. What if I spend the rest of my life looking at my friends, family, and partner as a weird mindfuck because I know the truth, would that be worth it? I might have an existential crisis for the rest of my life based on the things I’ve heard about it but at the same time I cant stop being curious

The Truth is Never bad.

Thoughts about the truth can be though. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

7 hours ago, Ryan M said:

I ve done 5meo hundreds of times. For me vaping 20 mg of 5meo is something absolutely normal. For me it's a meditative exercise, but it's not enlightenment. Some enlightenment could happen in 5 meo , but it's not the real light of reality. Is just the dissolution of the mind patterns. For me it's something very healthy, liberating, but not so.... so divine. Just a substance

What if I spend the rest of my life looking at my friends, family, and partner as a weird mindfuck because I know the truth, would that be worth it?

100000x YES!

Enlightenment is neither good nor bad. İt is a realization of your True nature or Really what you are.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Set your priorities straight. If you are familiar with Maslow’s Pyramid of needs you need to first get your practical life and the foundation alright .then you can start doing serious spiritual work towards awakening. 

But I will share how I understand awakening these days ..it's just the compilation of few realizations :

1-the self inside the body who thinks it's controlling reality is an illusion. 

2-free choice doesn't exist . Everything is egoless . Things just happen.

3- realization of everything being preordained before you came to this planet .

4-you are God. And what that means is that there is literally no others .you are the only thing that exists .you are the totality of infinite reality .

5-your true nature is love ..happiness ..joy..or whatever you wanna call it .

Now it's  up to you to decide if you want to awaken to these things 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

It's right for you if you love understanding reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's right for you if you love understanding reality.

you are the only spiritual teacher (at least from those who i listen to ) who make awakening about understanding reality . Your finite mind cannot comprehend the infinite . Doesnt it strike you that this miracle we call existence is such an unfathomable thing to fit into a finite human mind ? How can the finite comprehend or contain the infinite ? You must become infinite.  But then that's called death and you will cease to exist as a limited finite being . So please explain to me how is a complete understanding of reality is possible with the finite mind ?(which is something you said in your video titled "outrageous experiments in consciousness" when you did 30 days of 5 meo).

Edited by Someone here

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

32 minutes ago, Someone here said:

you are the only spiritual teacher (at least from those who i listen to ) who make awakening about understanding reality . Your finite mind cannot comprehend the infinite

You shared up top that you will explain how you UNDERSTAND Awakening these days. Now you're saying the mind cannot comprehend the infinite. Do you understand or don't you.

Know thyself....

16 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You shared up top that you will explain how you UNDERSTAND Awakening these days. Now you're saying the mind cannot comprehend the infinite. Do you understand or don't you.

It's simple ..you definitely can get insights into the nature of reality . The highest one being that reality is INFINITE .  So you grasp the big picture not the niggly lil details. You can't.

In Leo's video "outrageous experiments in consciousness " he said "you are capable of understanding reality fully " and here is where I disagree.  It's like looking at the earth from the moon..you will see a blue ball floating in empty space ..so you get that insight ..that the planet earth 🌍  is a blue ball ..not a plate or a triangle. So you get the big picture. But that does not mean you understand every continent on earth . It's either you get the zoomed out big picture or you chase after the details. Chasing after details is pointless because the details are infinite .so all you can do is to know the big picture. 

Posted (edited)

@Ryan M if you get a hold of some 5meo and use a large enough dose, you'll very likely experience an authentic state of awakening. And just like you're guessing, it can be profoundly disturbing for your ego to be mostly replaced by oneness, especially at first. That disturbance can last for a week or two after a really powerful trip, but the tail of effects eventually dissipates, and then you're left with just the intellectual understanding of your oneness instead of the actual raw experience of it, which is a million times easier to cope with.

So unless you're really unique for some reason, I wouldn't worry as much about it ruining your life. It's during the event itself and a couple weeks after where you can assume shit will be intense. If you want the psychedelic awakening process to be easier, you should pursue a consistent spiritual practice and then integrate 5meo use into it.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

I seem to have many awakenings in my kitchen. I am awakening to myself as a beautiful woman!

God, feminists are still annoying though 😒

Edited by Yimpa

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura

you are the only spiritual teacher (at least from those who i listen to ) who make awakening about understanding reality .

1) You are not properly understanding those teachers and teachings.

2) Understanding is not just conceptual, it comes with a change in your state of consciousness.

How can you be awake and not understand the ultimate nature of reality? The two go hand in hand.

To realize God is to understand the ultimate nature of existence.

Consciousness has the ability to comprehend itself. When this comprehension rises high enough it becomes awakening.

Your finite mind cannot comprehend the infinite .

Yes it can, by itself becoming infinite.

Your finite mind is just infinite mind which is half asleep. Awakening turns finite mind into infinite mind.

You must become infinite.  But then that's called death and you will cease to exist as a limited finite being .

You will still exist and your mind will still exist.

There's a long way to go before death.

There are many degrees of self-comprehension and you don't need the highest degree to experience awakening.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Understanding is not just conceptual, it comes with a change in your state of consciousness.

How can you be awake and not understand the ultimate nature of reality? The two go hand in hand.

To realize God is to understand the ultimate nature of existence.

Consciousness has the ability to comprehend itself. When this comprehension rises high enough it becomes awakening.

What's the difference between conceptual understanding and experiential understanding if you will ? You experience the insight during the psychedelic trip (I Assume) but then some trips are so profound like a Salvia trip and it makes you dumbfounded..how can you distill the experiential understanding of a salvia trip (as an example) into human language without using conceptualization? 

Yes it can, by itself becoming infinite.

Your finite mind is just infinite mind which is half asleep. Awakening turns finite mind into infinite mind.

Haha nice one 😉

You will still exist and your mind will still exist.

There's a long way to go before death.

There are many degrees of self-comprehension and you don't need the highest degree to experience awakening.

I humbly disagree here . What I'm saying imo which is real awakening is that I literally do not understand a single damn thing in existence.  And this isn't self-contradictory (that I understand that I don't understand).  I mean seriously Leo let's be real here ..you are for real in claiming you understand what this experience that's happening right now is ? I find it 100% irreduciblely un-understandable and mystical .

If you do understand tho..then good for you ..I hope for the day in which I can honestly claim that I understand what the fuck is happening right now .

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

What's the difference between conceptual understanding and experiential understanding if you will ? You experience the insight during the psychedelic trip (I Assume) but then some trips are so profound like a Salvia trip and it makes you dumbfounded..how can you distill the experiential understanding of a salvia trip (as an example) into human language without using conceptualization?

I couldn't say what Leo experiences, as it sounds like it may be a bit different (potentially deeper?), but many of us have a more classical awakening experience when using something like 5-MeO-DMT. The excerpt below (from Adyashanti's book "Emptiness Dancing") highlights the shift in identity and the gathering of awareness into the moment to such an extreme degree, it's as if every action has 100% novelty. This description would represent an experiential understanding that can only be properly grasped during the experience itself. You're left with only a shadow of it afterwards.

These two experiences happened together, one following within a few moments of the other. In the first, I became the Oneness of everything, and in the second, I became the consciousness or spirit that totally woke up out of all identification, even out of Oneness. When the Oneness dropped away, there was still a basic awakeness, but it had two different aspects: I’m everything, and I’m absolutely nothing. This was the awakening, the realization of Self.

The next thing that happened was that I took a step, just an ordinary step. It felt like the way a baby does when it takes his first good step and then smiles and looks around as if to say, “Did you see that?” and you can see his joy. So I took a step, and it was like, “Wow! The first step!” and another step, and then another, and I kept moving in circles because every step was the first step. It was a miracle.

In each “first” step, formless consciousness and Oneness just merged together so that the awakeness that had always identified itself' as form was now actually inside of the form, unidentified. It wasn’t looking through any thoughts or memories of what had come before, just through the five senses. With no history or memory, every step felt like a first step.

Edited by What Am I

9 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I don't know what Leo experiences, as it sounds like it may be a bit different, but many of us have a more classical awakening experience when using something like 5-MeO-DMT. The excerpt below (from Adyashanti's book "Emptiness Dancing") highlights the shift in identity and the gathering of awareness into the moment to such an extreme degree, it's as if every action has 100% novelty. This description would represent an experiential understanding that can only be properly grasped during the experience itself. You're left with only a shadow of it afterwards.

These two experiences happened together, one following within a few moments of the other. In the first, I became the Oneness of everything, and in the second, I became the consciousness or spirit that totally woke up out of all identification, even out of Oneness. When the Oneness dropped away, there was still a basic awakeness, but it had two different aspects: I’m everything, and I’m absolutely nothing. This was the awakening, the realization of Self.

The next thing that happened was that I took a step, just an ordinary step. It felt like the way a baby does when it takes his first good step and then smiles and looks around as if to say, “Did you see that?” and you can see his joy. So I took a step, and it was like, “Wow! The first step!” and another step, and then another, and I kept moving in circles because every step was the first step. It was a miracle.

In each “first” step, formless consciousness and Oneness just merged together so that the awakeness that had always identified itself' as form was now actually inside of the form, unidentified. It wasn’t looking through any thoughts or memories of what had come before, just through the five senses. With no history or memory, every step felt like a first step.

Interesting. Thanks. 

Well ..I've never tried psychedelics before because I live In a shitty country which bans them and blend them unconsciously with what's classified as "drugs ".

Anyways ..Truly an amazing experience. But my question is does the feeling lasts for a long time?...Unlike stimulant "drugs " it's less of a physical change but more of a long lasting mental impression? For me just smoking pot makes me appreciate life and the mystery of existence and what I really value. It shatters what i find comfortable in "knowing ". Do psychedelics make you experience knowing  or not knowing more ?