eTorro

Raising Your Consciousness Level

23 posts in this topic

Interestingly, your happiness is not directly related to the external world at all. It’s related to your inner level of consciousness.

We see this in people who win the lottery and become multimillionaires overnight. Often, when people experience sudden fame and fortune and are unprepared for it, it destroys their happiness.

The correlation between happiness and level of consciousness is almost 100 percent. At certain levels of consciousness, it doesn’t matter where you are, you’re going to be happy and gratified, no matter what’s going on.

Your happiness is not dependent on external forces. You’ve stopped placing importance on the external, the fame, the glamor. For instance, a lot of young men want to grow up and become athletes, and they look at the most famous sports stars with envy. They project that feeling onto the athlete.

Yes, I have learned this as well through practical experience. It takes a lot of self-actualization work to actually come to this realization. Not just conceptually understand but actually internalize it. Nothing obtained in the material world can ever truly make you "happy". Happiness, fulfillment, satisfaction is primarily dependent on your inner world (within reason).

41 minutes ago, eTorro said:

Interestingly, your happiness is not directly related to the external world at all. It’s related to your inner level of consciousness.

We see this in people who win the lottery and become multimillionaires overnight. Often, when people experience sudden fame and fortune and are unprepared for it, it destroys their happiness.

The correlation between happiness and level of consciousness is almost 100 percent. At certain levels of consciousness, it doesn’t matter where you are, you’re going to be happy and gratified, no matter what’s going on.

Your happiness is not dependent on external forces. You’ve stopped placing importance on the external, the fame, the glamor. For instance, a lot of young men want to grow up and become athletes, and they look at the most famous sports stars with envy. They project that feeling onto the athlete.

Well Said..

People around here and in general have to Realize that Happiness is not just some emotion that comes and goes, its the basic Quality of Your Life, and the Foundation for which True Seeking for Truth/Reality can begin! If Your Happiness/Peace is not Stable, You will not find out Your True Potential and Possibility that is inherent in most all People, it is because they live up and down emotional lives and are Slaves to outside situations and ppl, places and things that we as a Species have not reached our True Potential Spiritually much on this planet and because of that and ppl's search for Happiness outside of themselves we are burning up the Planet, causing way too much Suffering in the process..

Find Your Happiness within, then finding Your Potential is Guaranteed! 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Happiness comes from soul 

Love comes from God.

10 hours ago, eTorro said:

True words, but what is higher consciousness and what is lower should be learnt or known

11 hours ago, Hojo said:

Happiness comes from soul 

Love comes from God.

This is hogwash, You've brought a human emotion to the level of divinity and that is not so, Love is Human as is Happiness or whatever experience You are having, its coming from within You, so it is You creating it, its just a matter of are You doing this consciously or unconsciously that is all...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

17 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

This is hogwash, You've brought a human emotion to the level of divinity and that is not so, Love is Human as is Happiness or whatever experience You are having, its coming from within You, so it is You creating it, its just a matter of are You doing this consciously or unconsciously that is all...

I would describe what many here call as Love as the positive feeling you get when you are at your highest conscious state. Conditional love, compassion, kindness are veiled expressions of the so called Love.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, An young being said:

I would describe what many here call as Love as the positive feeling you get when you are at your highest conscious state. Conditional love, compassion, kindness are veiled expressions of the so called Love.

I would call this Bliss, when in a state of High Consciousness, not Love as for most Love is a relational sort of situation btwn You and other, and including other as a part of yourself, ppl can include any and all things not just other ppl as a part of themselves, just look when a Hurricane hits the coast of Florida and ppl lose their homes, they are heart broken when that happens they love their homes its a part of their identity. 

Bliss is different from this, its what is experienced when one is intouch with Truth/Reality or Consciousness, its not like Your at a party high on Ecstasy or something, its on another level, when in this state then suffering is not possible...this is the whole point or goal of any real Spiritual Path and Journey..

Sat Chit Ananda or Truth (Sat) Consciousness (Chit) Ananda (Bliss) is a simple way to understand what is going on here...

Edited by Ishanga

19 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

I would call this Bliss, when in a state of High Consciousness, not Love as for most Love is a relational sort of situation btwn You and other, and including other as a part of yourself, ppl can include any and all things not just other ppl as a part of themselves, just look when a Hurricane hits the coast of Florida and ppl lose their homes, they are heart broken when that happens they love their homes its a part of their identity. 

Bliss is different from this, its what is experienced when one is intouch with Truth/Reality or Consciousness, its not like Your at a party high on Ecstasy or something, its on another level, when in this state then suffering is not possible...this is the whole point or goal of any real Spiritual Path and Journey..

Sat Chit Ananda or Truth (Sat) Consciousness (Chit) Ananda (Bliss) is a simple way to understand what is going on here...

I too love to use the word bliss, but I know strong in my heart that unconditional love definitely leads to that blissfulness.

4 minutes ago, An young being said:

I too love to use the word bliss, but I know strong in my heart that unconditional love definitely leads to that blissfulness.

Yes... For myself to help understand I've sort of categorized the emotions or states on a Scale from 0-10, 0 is Peace, 10 is Ecstasy, Bliss is 8/9, below 0 is any state of Suffering (Fear, Shame, Anxiety, Depression, etc) so we at the min have to be in a state of 0 to get anywhere on this path... the difference btwn all of the upper 0 to 10 states is just a matter of Intensity, if You raise the intensity of Peace, it turns into Happiness, Happiness turns into Joy, Joy into Bliss. Bliss is the most stable and useful, with Ecstasy, You can go there once inawhile but one cannot function properly when in Ecstatic States, You won't care about anything, family, work, survival when in Ecstasy, so with Bliss you will care but are in a very good place otherwise:) 

10 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

the difference btwn all of the upper 0 to 10 states is just a matter of Intensity, 

I agree with this and the other statements, but here's what I believe a better way of making the scale and means to achieve it:

Level 1 - Chasing short term pleasures - Being lazy and ignorant ( Scale 0 - Misery, depression,etc. leading to extreme suffering)

Level 2 - Chasing pleasures - Working hard for our desires but being selfish ( Scale 1 - High suffering )

Level 3 - Chasing pleasures  -  Working hard for our desires and passion but making sure those desires don't affect others ( Scale 2 -  Low suffering, low happiness) 

Level 4 - Chasing peace - Reducing our desires but being inactive ( Scale 3 - No suffering, no happiness, but leads to boredom)

Level 5 - Becoming selfless - Working hard for a selfless goal, with expectations( Scale 4 - Happiness and bliss)

Level 6 - Becoming truly selfless- Working hard for a selfless cause, breaking all attachments and expectations ( Scale 5 - Bliss)

Level 7 - Becoming egoless - ( Scale 6 - Ecstasy)

Just a fun exercise in classifying the levels of consciousness!

Not trying to plug my own content but I made a video on this topic because of this exact point. Consciousness is everything. 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

14 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

Not trying to plug my own content but I made a video on this topic because of this exact point. Consciousness is everything. 

@BlessedLion I like part in the beginning where you said you can have an awakening just from reading a spiritual text. Have had this happen many times.

Just now, Evan Gill said:

@BlessedLion I like part in the beginning where you said you can have an awakening just from reading a spiritual text. Have had this happen many times.

Thanks man. Yes! That’s what’s up 🔥

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

Are you asking something?

Edited by UnbornTao

3 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Great video! Now I know why you call yourself a lion, both of you look eerily similar, lol.

Coming to the video, I liked all your points, but the one point you mentioned, which is yoga, should be the number one point in my opinion. You have mentioned just the surface with regard to this point, I would suggest you to dig deeper and you will find numerous ways to increase the consciousness levels.

Posted (edited)

@Ishanga bliss is just being in love for a prolonged period.

Bliss = living in love.

Edited by Hojo

On 6/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, An young being said:

Great video! Now I know why you call yourself a lion, both of you look eerily similar, lol.

Coming to the video, I liked all your points, but the one point you mentioned, which is yoga, should be the number one point in my opinion. You have mentioned just the surface with regard to this point, I would suggest you to dig deeper and you will find numerous ways to increase the consciousness levels.

Thank you for the feedback and Lion vibes🦁 ❤️🙏 

Yes it was tough to make the list. Not putting down the power of Yoga, I had it at number 6 and obviously this is totally subjective. Yoga can easily be number 1 for someone else. It’s super powerful. I’ll actually be doing a 3 month training in Hatha Tantra yoga this Winter so def appreciate its power. I just find meditation, contemplation, etc goes deeper for me personally. But it’s essential to open the chakras and awaken kundalini with yoga and I’m excited to learn more about it. Cheers ! 

Lions Heart YouTube

@eTorro For me I find there are different qualities of happiness for the material and immaterial world

I can find happiness and the flow in my work or connecting with people but also happiness in those quiet moments of solitude but yes happiness can only be from within that it arises. To be in a state of flow with the universe unrestricted and uninhibited. To enjoy the material world that is on offer as if it was your playground to do as you will