trenton

Comprehensive sex education

5 posts in this topic

I am making this post because I am looking for book and video recommendations for a complete education of sexuality. I continued looking for ways in which I was wrong and I discovered that I held multiple false beliefs about sex. This is partially due to the negative attitude toward sex I had since I was a child, but it was also due to the overly simplistic education I was given in high school. All of my teachers also encouraged abstinence, reinforcing my negative beliefs about sex.

Here are two false beliefs I uncovered.

1. The vulva is the same as the vagina. In my high school class we never covered the anatomy of the vulva. I had to teach myself this anatomy years later. I discovered this when I purchased a female sex toy thinking it was a a vibrator for my back and shoulders like a massager. When I researched how it worked I discovered these misconceptions about female anatomy.

2. you cannot get STDs from oral sex. In my simplistic sex ed class we never covered oral, anal, or homosexuality. I discovered this false belief when I asked Claude for common false beliefs on various topics. Eventually I uncovered this one.

The second one was concerning because I have given myself oral sex before. I didn't like the way it made my penis feel the morning after. I probably transferred bacteria from my mouth to a place it shouldn't be.

I am also mostly clueless about female reproductive health. For example, I have no idea what a c section even is. Given my past record I am probably clueless about male sexuality too.

Do you have any book or video recommendations for a comprehensive sex education?

This video helps explain why I have so many misconceptions about sex.

On 6/21/2024 at 10:28 PM, trenton said:

The second one was concerning because I have given myself oral sex before.

How is that even possible?

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

4 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

How is that even possible?

@r0ckyreed I asked Claude about this and even the computer was surprised. It argued that for the vast majority of people this is indeed impossible. It was shocked because this is only possible for exceptionally flexible individuals. I have been abnormally flexible for a long time, such as my ability to put my legs behind my head. The strange positions necessary to give oneself oral sex can cause problems with breathing, so it is dangerous to try. I don't do it very often because I think I transferred bacteria from my mouth to my penis, causing genital discomfort the morning after.

Apparently, there are exceptionally rare cases of women giving themselves oral sex too. There are also cases of men falling down the stairs as they attempt to blow themselves. Once again, these activities are indeed impossible for most people, and it is shocking, but it is possible to do autofellatio (for males) or autocunnilingus (for females).

Look up some general sex ed videos/articles on Youtube for an overview, then start listing all the things that you are curious about and then read the wiki page on each item.