How can I gain weight quickly and healthily?

26 posts in this topic

I am 173 cm tall and weigh almost 49 kilos now. 2 weeks ago I weighed 59 kilos and in the last 2 weeks I lost a lot of weight due to lack of appetite. I want to go up to the 65-70kg range. How should I eat? Some days I eat too little, some days I eat too much. How should I organize my meals? My eating habits are complete garbage. Can I gain 20 kilos in 3 months? It means I gain 40% weight :D

I'm open to any advice.

Posted (edited)

Add olive oil to veggies

why do u have low appetite? 

In general just eat more food , healthy food if you wanna be healthy for example olive oil , butter and nuts have a lot of calories. You can google high calorie healthy foods and find lists

Edited by Sugarcoat

Posted (edited)

If you build muscle you won’t lose it and it will give you a larger appetite.

so for the next two years you want to eat a lot more and exercise heavy bodybuilding every day.

you should’ve been doing this since you were 16 it’s the foundation for your brain development and A self development foundation.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Sugarcoat

>why do u have low appetite? 

I guess this is probably because I'm a picky eater. I have been eating mostly pasta for almost 3 years, but for the last 2 years I eat pasta at least 1 meal a day, usually 2 meals. I put meatballs, chicken or any meat on pasta and eat it. I like almost all meat dishes. I am having trouble with having breakfast. I need to eat veggies but they taste disgusting for me :(. I start feeling nauseous after meals when I try to eat more food. When I had a blood test this year, my values were normal except for B12 and vitamin D.

@integral

I'm exactly 16 years old now :D, what do you recommend to me?

Posted (edited)

You lost 10 kilos in 2 weeks??  Please start by speaking to your doctor. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It won't be healthy.

But the best way is to eat tubs of ice cream.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Michael569

Is the situation this dire? Sometimes I go on bike rides of 50 km or more and when I come home, I realize that I have lost 3 kilos. I usually regain the mass I lost within 2 days. But these last 2 weeks I had no appetite and I didn't even eat chocolate. This cost me 10 kilos lol. What can the doctor help me with when even my blood tests are normal? I had tests done 3 times this year and they were all normal :).

@Leo Gura

3 months later:

New Post: How can I lose weight? :D

*800 grams of ice cream equals nearly 2000 calories. That's insane.

Posted (edited)

"Quickly" and "healthily" are often at odds. Why not take your time while consistently ensuring a caloric surplus?

Anyway, here are some ideas of highly caloric whole foods, healthier than most if not all processed foods:

• Driet fruits: dates, figs, etc. Very delicious and high in calories.
  • Bananas. You can make a meshed banana purée mixed with pea protein isolate. Pea protein is very creamy and it should give you a consistency similar to ice cream. Add to this flaxseed, chia seeds, or hemp seeds and you'll have a natural meal rich in Omega 3 & protein. Flaxseed is also rich in many other nutrients like trace minerals.
    • I do this every day w/ 5 bananas (3 meshed, 2 as toppings), 30g pea protein isolate, 60ml ground flaxseed, cacao nibs, cinnamon. It has about 1000 kcal. 
  • Nuts. Focus on nuts that have a low Omega6:Omega3 ratio, such as walnuts, macadamia nuts. Brazil nuts are also healthy but you should only eat one per day AFAIK.

PS: Don't forget to fix your B12 and Vitamin D defficiencies and to ensure a good macro nutrient profile (10-20% calories from protein, 10-30% calories from fat, 60-80% calories from carbs).

Edited by PsychedelicEagle

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, 1337 said:

What can the doctor help me with when even my blood tests are normal? I had tests done 3 times this year and they were all normal :)

Losing 20% of your body mass in two weeks is anything but normal. The appetite loss could be a consequence of something else that you're not addressing. I'm not trying to fearmonger but a human body is not meant to go through such extreme changes so rapidly. People take 6 months to lose 10 kilos. These sorts of metabolic rollercoasters will decimate your musculoskeletal health if you don't do something about it because your body is having to rapidly adapt. 

Its your body and none of us can tell you what to do but please be careful and work with a professional on a methodological approach 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

-Search "full body routine"

Follow it for 6 months. 3 times per week.

-Then switch to a push-pull or upper-lower for another 6 months.

-Eat +500 kcals over manteinance.

-Proper sleep and no alcohol

Do this for a year and you can put 15 quality kilos.

Forget about shortcuts.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It won't be healthy.

But the best way is to eat tubs of ice cream.

Ray Peat disagrees :)

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, 1337 said:

Watch content like this on YouTube, use YouTube  in general to learn everything.

become self thought at everything and develop a self teaching mindset

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Posted (edited)

Quickly, out of my imagination right now :

-two bananas

-100g peanut butter 

-100g instant oats 

-vanilla extract

Turn that into a thick smoothie and boom 1100 kcal, the matter is settled.

Edited by Schizophonia

You can also eat like a gallon of whole milk each day if you like that and tolerate it.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Add olive oil to veggies

why do u have low appetite? 

In general just eat more food , healthy food if you wanna be healthy for example olive oil , butter and nuts have a lot of calories. You can google high calorie healthy foods and find lists

With butter, everything tastes better 🥞

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Quickly, out of my imagination right now :

-two bananas

-100g peanut butter 

-100g instant oats 

-vanilla extract

Turn that into a thick smoothie and boom 1100 kcal, the matter is settled.

Like ice spice says “Im thick because I be eating oats”

Edited by Sugarcoat

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

Like ice spice says “Im thick because I be eating oats”

lmao

13 hours ago, 1337 said:

@Sugarcoat

>why do u have low appetite? 

I guess this is probably because I'm a picky eater. I have been eating mostly pasta for almost 3 years, but for the last 2 years I eat pasta at least 1 meal a day, usually 2 meals. I put meatballs, chicken or any meat on pasta and eat it. I like almost all meat dishes. I am having trouble with having breakfast. I need to eat veggies but they taste disgusting for me :(. I start feeling nauseous after meals when I try to eat more food. When I had a blood test this year, my values were normal except for B12 and vitamin D.

@integral

Too much Pasta used to make me feel heavy and bloated so maybe it’s that idk tho but gaining weight is simple it’s just eating more calories 

49 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

With butter, everything tastes better 🥞

Yes

Do you wanna gain a strong body not gain weight.