stephenkettley

10 days sitting on a couch, just being.

26 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Did Rocky Balboa sit on a couch to get his gains? I don’t think so. You ain’t gonna find enlightenment on a couch.

(spoiler alert)

Don’t forget that in Creed he was battling cancer, crippled, and unable to get out of his hospital bed.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

(spoiler alert)

Don’t forget that in Creed he was battling cancer, crippled, and unable to get out of his hospital bed.

Yeah. Being a couch potato will get you there faster.

Why can’t you be fully present while running and working out. If anything can be a meditation, then why do you want to sit and be lazy?

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

3 hours ago, stephenkettley said:

That lack of guarantee is what makes the work so deep.

What makes the work so deep is that all you fucking think reality is will be stripped like it never even existed.

You have good potentiality but you are green. I don't think you know what you are getting yourself in. 

3 hours ago, stephenkettley said:

The idea would be to push myself to sit for the 10 days and be aware of being present in the room and getting in touch with what is around me in as focused a way as possible

Not gonna work. What has been your longest time doing that? I bet you 100€ you haven't been 180min in continuos meditation in your single life and you wanna take this challenge. I know you can make better assesments of where you are at and how do you wanna continue going further. Awakening doesn't happen by luck, it happens by consciousness and existential intelligence. Right now you don't have neither and you are guessing. I recommend you go do 10 day retreats with a master with extensive experience. Get serious, like really serious, with your daily practice. It's not about duration it's about intensity. A 15min intense conscious and powerful sit is better than hours playing around, but right now all of it is grey and you hope for us to get some insights about it.

If you are serious find 5meo-Dmt, get a breakthrough and see if it's something you are interested in. This is solid advice and I'm harsh with you because I really see something in you and I don't want you to waste time here and there. Try psychedelics, get the experience, post your trip reports and we'll work from there. Till that, all we can do is superficial advise that won't scratch the itch.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

2 hours ago, Davino said:

Not gonna work

Don't be too negative.

It can certainly be done if one is serious.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Aka the Zen Couch Potato method 

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be too negative.

It can certainly be done if one is serious.

It can. But it's very hard to be that serious, given the plan he has.

There are better ways to go about a retreat, better methodologies, combination of yoga, pranayama, meditation, psychedelics.

Hardcore presence sitting for 10 days straight is a hell of a marathon. What will happen in the end is just a long run, but nothing substantial. I wanna save him of that by playing the bad cop.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God