stephenkettley

Postponing deeper self-actualisation for Life Purpose

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I often feel hesitant to pursue life purpose because I have this mental block of having to postpone my reading and study of spirituality and epistemology and all the exciting, deep elements of self-actualisation for it. So I essentially find myself putting off the more material pursuit of life purpose out of fear of falling behind on the growth in the rest of self-actualisation. In a sense, I feel attached to studying and embodying all these other exciting things and so I struggle to decide to commit a few years to life purpose. Currently, I am 26 years old. Has anyone else struggled with this? Any interesting thoughts or advice?

Very interesting perspective. 

My journey is actually the other way around. I see my Life Purpose as one of the largest blocks of the self actualization journey and I don't think I could truly ever embody the higher tiers without satisfying this first for couple of years. 

Maybe in your case those two could align? You can certainly build your life purpose around the pursuit of spirituality and epistemology and lot of people do that. And maybe not and the journey you're on is perfect for you, only you would know :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

What is your LP?

They should really be combined. Your LP should not stop you from self-actualizing, that would be screwed up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I definitely agree that LP is a part of self-actualising. Basically, I think my main concern is, is it valid to use the rest of my twenties for LP and then only start deeper epistomology, metaphysics and enligtenment around mid-thirties?. I always feel like if I spend my time on LP deeply, then I am falling behind in watching your other content and reading books on these other topics.

I do need to remind myself that life is a marathon and that there is more than enough time for it all.

23 minutes ago, stephenkettley said:

@Leo Gura I definitely agree that LP is a part of self-actualising. Basically, I think my main concern is, is it valid to use the rest of my twenties for LP and then only start deeper epistomology, metaphysics and enligtenment around mid-thirties?. I always feel like if I spend my time on LP deeply, then I am falling behind in watching your other content and reading books on these other topics.

I do need to remind myself that life is a marathon and that there is more than enough time for it all.

What is your Life Purpose?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

1 minute ago, stephenkettley said:

@vibv I am still doing the work to figure it out.

As Leo said, it should go both hand in hand. Your Life Purpose is what motivates you to self-actualize beyond what you would living a life without direction.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, stephenkettley said:

My man. These aren’t mutually exclusive. You are going to be pursuing your LP for the rest of your life. There is no difference between LP and spirituality/epistemology. LP is your deepest fulfillment and if spirituality/epistemology don’t cut it, then cut it.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

I think my main concern is, is it valid to use the rest of my twenties for LP and then only start deeper epistomology, metaphysics and enligtenment around mid-thirties?.

That's the one million dollar question I've been reflection on for years.

In my case, I don't think I can make it. I wanna make my job about what I truly love in life or something that synergises with it.

What if your Life Purpose was actually "deeper epistomology, metaphysics and enligtenment"? What if you didn't have to wait 10 years to get it but maybe 5 or even less. You just need to figure out a way to make it of value to other people, so that they give you money in return. And there you have it your dream life.

How to do this? Well good question. Any ideas?

Also take into account that a lot of hard work will be involved no matter what path you choose, it's always gonna be difficult, but you can choose what to suffer for and hopefully make all the sweat and blood meaningful.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

@r0ckyreed You're right! I guess you carry with you your spirituality, metaphysics and epistemology within your experience as your pursue your LP. It's all together as one.

@Davino I have been brainstorming how to self-actualise for a living. Would be amazing to pursue Leo's content and the entire realm of self-actualisation as the LP which is my current LP. I've been wondering about a future where I can potentially combine my skill of programming with self-actualisation.

Posted (edited)

You have time to do both.

Studying self-help content is not a full-time job. You can spend a few hours a week on that while you pursue your career.

It's like you are asking: Should I pursue my career or go to the gym?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You are absolutely right. I think my answer is to find the appropriate balance each week over the decades. Thank you!