Chives99

Give up on yourself

7 posts in this topic

give up on yourself, thats the counter-intuitive thing. In doing so it might bring about the fear of uncertainty, of How will I survive?

how will i get what I want? how will i find peace and happiness? With surrender comes freedom from the inner turmoil of the mind and an allowing of openness to let things naturally play out. Trying to control everything only antagonises it

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

It reminds me that yesterday I contemplated creativity, playfulness, and childlike wonder. This is so important in life, it gives meaning and flavor.

It requires flexibility and the willingness to surrender the ego.

👽

thats because we become conditioned to fit the mould which stifles our individuality 

Most people, especially seekers, don't like to hear these kinds of messages. Why? It's not about doing more. It's not about achieving more. It's more of a loss than a gain for most. The title is a bit harsh too. Who wants to hear they must give up on themselves unless you're depressed and trying to kick the bucket. That's a terrible message for the individual who is trying to get somewhere.

It's a beautiful message. One that resonates with that energy that is already there. To the one that realizes this. To the one that has gone full circle and has had that aha moment of realization. It's probably one of the most powerful, profound messages there is. The only thing is that there already is no self to give up on. What you're suggesting is to stop dreaming. A self cannot give up on itself. What has to happen is a recognition that there wasn't a self to begin with. 

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Most people, especially seekers, don't like to hear these kinds of messages. Why? It's not about doing more. It's not about achieving more. It's more of a loss than a gain for most. The title is a bit harsh too. Who wants to hear they must give up on themselves unless you're depressed and trying to kick the bucket. That's a terrible message for the individual who is trying to get somewhere.

It's a beautiful message. One that resonates with that energy that is already there. To the one that realizes this. To the one that has gone full circle and has had that aha moment of realization. It's probably one of the most powerful, profound messages there is. The only thing is that there already is no self to give up on. What you're suggesting is to stop dreaming. A self cannot give up on itself. What has to happen is a recognition that there wasn't a self to begin with. 

even if you get what you think you want through ego you cant even enjoy it anyway as there is the fear of loss and fear of insecurity and unworthiness. With surrender everything is allowed which creates an openness for things to be authentically be brought into your life

Figure it out

Dont let the niilistic virus catch you. Life is creativity