A Fellow Lighter

There Are No POVs

37 posts in this topic

Is the brain involved?  What kind of question is that?  Go back and watch all his videos all over again, I guess.  It's amazing after all he's given us in his amazing videos, that you guys are STILL asking about brains.  My advice for those who bring up brains at THIS stage is to give up and find another hobby.

@Ramu making sense of the feedback loops and removing conditioning is a process, give them time...

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

@A Fellow LighterOne of the best posts I've seen on here. Only thing is I would change the word Consciousness with The Absolute. In the end, it doesn't really matter as it's only words. A few stuff i didn't resonate with, as in being aware of.....unless you're not speaking about the individual but the Absolute.

This is so fucking awesome. Thanks for this great read.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

On 6/19/2024 at 11:38 AM, A Fellow Lighter said:

This is too deep and yet so simple like nothing comes this close to this level of simplicity. It's astonishing.

Love this.

Know thyself....

! All relationships, all conflicts, all harmonies and romances – these are but one motion. There is literally no such thing as individuality. There are personalities but without the persons. 

*This*

Know thyself....

God, this level of self awareness is just insane like no words can describe it.

This I didn't resonate with as it seems to be implying someone being aware of something; maybe you're referring to the one mind being aware of itself.....

Know thyself....

Consciousness is just self awareness with the self being that pure beingness which I can only describe as the eternal motion of love because there is literally no rhyme or reason behind its existence other than consciousness for consciousness' sake.

The reason why we search for meaning and purpose. There is literally none for existence. If there were, there would be no reason for the mind to look for one. 

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Solipsism is the idea that the current experience as it is, is the only one in existence, and while I agree that on the highest layer everything is one, I also think that our awareness as we experience it occurs simultaneously in others irregardless of us witnessing it, on a higher layer in infinite self-contained POVs that can merge with others and expand in the process.

I'll only touch on this because it is the only part here related to a question you asked. 👇

17 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

I wonder, what is your view on the nature of the self, others, the world and solipsism?

Everything else in your text appears to be your own contemplation, which I won't interfere without the invitation of a question.

Alright, since you have defined solipsism for me as the idea that the current experience as it is, is the only one in existence, then I'll have to disagree with solipsism. Reason being: All experience is impermanent. This is due to the fact that consciousness is a motion – the only motion outside the physical illusion. 

So, how can my experience of having a cheese burger for breakfast be the only experience in existence when I'll have a different meal for breakfast anytime soon? This idea is not accurate. The word existence encompasses a lot for just the current experience. Experience is an impermanent thing. It can be one thing, then in a blink of an eye, it is another thing entirely. 

However, within the impermanence of experience, is the permanence of consciousness. This consciousness (or eternal motion) is the only one in existence.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Experience is an impermanent thing. It can be one thing, then in a blink of an eye, it is another thing entirely. 

However, within the impermanence of experience, is the permanence of consciousness.

This consciousness (or eternal motion) is the only one in existence.

To expand upon it. How do you see reality constructed? Is it a dynamic illusory assembly of surroundings in periphery, similar to how video games recalculate and render on the go? Or does it have a coherent existence that the current awareness processes and tunes in and out of that exists independently with other awareness bubbles equal in substance to the current that are simply unobserved from the current vantage point but rendered and experienced simultaneously outside of the current experience by other portions of a greater self/god that can be united on a deeper more inclusive layer of consciousness and have detail and experience similar to your own? It's the difference between reality only existing as it is continuously experienced versus tuning into a greater substrate and limiting ones experience forming a bubble of awareness on a relative level that dissolves in the absolute?

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Enjoying this post a lot. Thanks @A Fellow Lighter

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

To expand upon it. How do you see reality constructed? Is it a dynamic illusory assembly of surroundings in periphery, similar to how video games recalculate and render on the go? Or does it have a coherent existence that the current awareness processes and tunes in and out of that exists independently with other awareness bubbles equal in substance to the current that are simply unobserved from the current vantage point but rendered and experienced simultaneously outside of the current experience by other portions of a greater self/god that can be united on a deeper more inclusive layer of consciousness and have detail and experience similar to your own?

The way in which reality is created is non-mechanical. By this I mean that there is no process to it, none so ever. What there is is truth. But I'll explain.

Imagine that there is a singular and yet universal current (a current like that of streaming water). However this current is so singular that even its flow is completely in unison, thus rendering it formless due to the lack of any finite features which would be present if this current had some sort of conflicting opposing current. But there isn't, because this current is universal.

Alright, now, what I'm talking about here isn't really imaginary, in fact, it's not imaginary at all because I'm talking about consciousness in its purest state. It is the eternal motion of knowing that there is that which knows and it knows itself. A closed loop as you can assess for yourself. 

Ok, with that being said, what is reality and where does it come from? Reality is an activity performed by consciousness purely out of love. This activity is mind. Think about the verbal form of the word, contemplate it and attemt to broaden its meaning. Reality is the mind of this eternal motion or current called consciousness. With this capability, you can imagine both the possibility of a mindful (active) movement or a mind-less (passive/rest) movement. However, it is still consciousness no matter the movement. It is still one eternal motion. 

There is still no mechanics to it, nor is there a rhyme or a reason behind this. It is irrational. It is out of love. Love is what drives, so to speak, the motion. 

2 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

It's the difference between reality only existing as it is continuously experienced versus tuning into a greater substrate and limiting ones experience forming a bubble of awareness on a relative level that dissolves in the absolute?

Alright. There are no actual layers to reality (mind). For instance, if you picture yourself eating an apple, there is no higher you picturing you picturing eating an apple. All levels are one level. So, to speak of "substrates" as if there are realities greater than the one you are experiencing is misleading. There is one reality, and it is great because it does not limit itself to any particular experience. Experience is impermanent. 

1 hour ago, LordFall said:

@A Fellow Lighter Did this experience bring some depression for you or was it solely a beautiful experience? 

It is solely beautiful.

@Keryo Koffa With regards to your two positions, reality being dynamic or being coherent, the mind is capable of constructing the appearance of both. However, the video game analogy describes reality better, with the selective rendering and personalised reality function. However, it's in the mind's capacity to also bring about the illusion of a coherent reality.

But there are no bubbles, and there is no reality other than the one you know, even if your reality suggests that there is. It's all part of the game, so to speak.

14 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

@A Fellow LighterOne of the best posts I've seen on here. Only thing is I would change the word Consciousness with The Absolute. In the end, it doesn't really matter as it's only words. A few stuff i didn't resonate with, as in being aware of.....unless you're not speaking about the individual but the Absolute.

This is so fucking awesome. Thanks for this great read.

10 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Enjoying this post a lot. Thanks @A Fellow Lighter

Thank you guys for letting me know. Thank you so much.

14 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

The reason why we search for meaning and purpose. There is literally none for existence. If there were, there would be no reason for the mind to look for one. 

Yes. Consciousness has taken a creative role with respect to meaning due to the fact that there is none inherently, there is no objective meaning so to speak. And the infinity, or the Absolute as you put it, knows that there is none. But because of love, because of caring so much, or concerning itself with itself, it does wonder: What does it mean to be infinity? Or what does it mean to be absolute?

Really, this is the same question we ask when we ask: What is the meaning of life? Of course, deep down, we're not question existence at all. What we are questioning is our awareness of it, the consciousness, the absolute self, so to speak.