Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

On the topic of genetic freaks and prodigy children. What about crime?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I first ask you to watch the three videos below for context:

Questions:

Is crime caused by poverty or intelligence?  

Do the poor have lower IQ's?

Is IQ genetic?

Are poverty and crime genetic?

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Yes and no. No, Survival is a hell of a drug, and most cornered animals resort to destructive activity for the sake of survival. Add trauma, addiction, systemic vulturing  enterprises like cults, gangs and ideologies. You begin to notice how vulnerable and exposed people are. Humans beings being social leverage our humanity to build survival structure. If groups or individuals feel alienated or discriminated by the structure , they may rationalise their alienation with less constructive survival strategies.

yes, in that less smart people seem to be underestimating preparing for storms and  troubles. Less connected to structures that shield them from survival issues etc. 

Posted (edited)

Obviously criminality has a huge genetic component.

But it also has a huge environmental component and early childhood developmental component.

If your family abuses you, your chances of becoming a criminal skyrocket.

But there's also a huge social and political structure component.

If you are born into a broken political system that has little opportunity, chances of you becoming a criminal skyrocket, because there's just no other way to survive in that situation.

IQ is affected by genetics + toxins in environment + early nutrition + education + abuse and more.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

IQ is affected by genetics + toxins in environment + early nutrition + education + abuse and more.

Jordan Peterson claims in the videos above that IQ is very much set and done when someone is born and education can only do so much. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Jordan Peterson claims in the videos above that IQ is very much set and done when someone is born and education can only do so much. 

We know that's not true because IQ rapidly increased in developing countries over the last 100 years as their mode of living became more civilized and prosperous.

IQ has about a 50% heritability.

Of course if you are born a chimpanzee then you're stuck with that.

Yes, genetics is huge. But it's not the only thing to focus on.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Im not sure. I was abused as a kid, my dad was a heroin addict and died from an overdose and my mum an severely violent and abusive alcoholic and from gypsy heritage. But both me and my brother have high IQ, I was coding algorithms by age of 7 and got a school scholarship as a kid.

My dads grandmother was ashkenazi jew, which has the highest average IQ per any group. Even though my dad was a heroin addict, he was also very intelligent and me and my brother would play math puzzles as he cut up drugs to sell in what can only be classed as extreme poverty. My dads life resembled the film trainspotting he lived in filth, often we would watch my dad or his friends dieing, or sleep next to them as they did die, in filthy sqaulor

My mum however is severely unintelligent and so is all her family. So me and my brother must have got our intelligence via genetics on my dads side

Edited by bambi