NightHawkBuzz

This quote by Peter Wessel Zapffe is true and says it all about life.

18 posts in this topic

I've referred to this quote before in one of my other postings but I wanted to make an individual post for it.

Peter Wessel Zapffe was a Norwegian philosopher. He once said "to bear children into this world is like carrying wood into a burning house" 

I could go on about how this quote is so true in our lives but I just wanted to bring it up again.

This quote says it all about life. 

Silly and shallow.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Silly and shallow.

@Leo Gura It's the exact opposite. I put real thought into this quote and this truly does represent what you are doing when you bring a child into this world. 

Murders, Rapes, Robberies, Mass Murders, Accidents, Diseases, Police Shootings, Racism, Evil, Corruption, Crime etc. 

As soon as you Bring a kid into this world you are bringing them into this existence with all of the problems I mentioned above and more. 

Edited by NightHawkBuzz

Posted (edited)

So what. This is life, not some stupid game.

You guys have become completely spoiled.

Edited by Leo Gura

Maybe the child will grow up to do nothing for a living

"Going down the slip and slide with no water hurts your butt"

~ Butters

Posts like this tell me that propably many member are simply teenagers, physicaly mentaly. This kind of contemplations are those I had in my teen years and ready came to terms with it.

Humans reproduce, cats reproduce and all living beings experience a vast array of experiences. From the most pleasureable ones to most Painfull. One of this being may be your kid. Come to terms with it. And follow to deeper questions:

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

lmao, this opened my eyes. Thanks for sharing Yimpa

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Paid do be a NPC. Epic hehehe

Posted (edited)

The idea that, whatever we create will eventually be destroyed.

I read that Zapff was inspired by Schopenhauer and antinatalism.

Edited by Dan502
Spelling

1 minute ago, Dan502 said:

The idea that, whatever we create will eventually be destroyed.

I read that Zapff was inspired by Schopenhaur and antinatalism.

So uncreative way of seeing existence this guys have. 

1 hour ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

So uncreative way of seeing existence this guys have. 

@Rafael Thundercat It's not a uncreative way it's a realistic way. It's really looking at how life is and then making your conclusions about what the world is really like from that.

These people saw life for what it is. It's not a uncreative way it's a realistic way. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@Rafael Thundercat It's not a uncreative way it's a realistic way. It's really looking at how life is and then making your conclusions about what the world is really like from that.

These people saw life for what it is. It's not a uncreative way it's a realistic way. 

I say uncreative because , going Meta would be realising that all you create will perish but you still engage in the act of Creation. You know your child will go one day, but you still create it, for the sake of creation. 

https://www.actualized.org/articles/understanding-creation-vs-destruction

https://www.actualized.org/articles/understanding-and-coping-with-nihilism

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So what. This is life, not some stupid game.

You guys have become completely spoiled.

@Leo Gura I think your being to optimistic. When you really think about life you see it is a tragic affair for the most part.

All the murders, mass murders, rapes, robberies, genocide, slavery etc. Life is a tragedy. 

The School of life talks about how life is a tragedy and the video specifically by them sums up some of the worst things about life. One of the best points in the video was "However sad death might be it will take a foolhardy adult to accept an offer to be five years old again to do it all over".

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

"However sad death might be it will take a foolhardy adult to accept an offer to be five years old again to do it all over".

What if you will do it all over, Forever?? Is only Suffering if you had reminicence of having done all over, like if now I force you to watch the same movie for 3 years no stop. But if everytime you watch you forget  that you Watched the movie, then you will feel that is the first time so you will not feel so crazy about it. 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

1 hour ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@Leo Gura I think your being to optimistic. When you really think about life you see it is a tragic affair for the most part.

All the murders, mass murders, rapes, robberies, genocide, slavery etc. Life is a tragedy. 

The School of life talks about how life is a tragedy and the video specifically by them sums up some of the worst things about life. One of the best points in the video was "However sad death might be it will take a foolhardy adult to accept an offer to be five years old again to do it all over".

If you like Alain de Button teachings you will love this one. 

Hard Truths are the ones you cant hide yourself from anymore. 

15 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

When you really think about life you see it is a tragic affair for the most part.

YOU see it that way.

Posted (edited)

This is a bit like saying: Why learn to ride a bike if I'm going to fall? 

Falling is just a minor aspect of riding a bike, especially once you learn to ride it. Just so with life.

Acknowledge positive aspects of life such as growth, creativity, intimacy, learning. 

Edited by UnbornTao