RightHand

I have one disagreement with God: physical pain

68 posts in this topic

I find that using cannabis wisely is a potent way to explore pain. It is tricky to master the cannabis plant, however.

this post just made me instantly appreciate not being in pain right now. the existence of pain makes for appreciation of comfort 

Pain can be invisible.

I remember once reading about this condition called trigeminal neuralgia and feeling sick to my stomach for like a week. I have my own stuff to deal with nowadays so I can understand you. Nothing scares me more 

Well pain is pretty much one of the only things that grounds life. Pain and consequences are the main differences between reality and dream states. 

Personally it's helped humble me. 

<3

Imagine the pleasure you get after curing  your toothache and finally tasting that favourite ice cream.

There's a limit to the suffering from pain or anything else, and beyond that, awakening occurs.

Without pain, imagine how much your ego will be inflated.

Very simply, pain is information. Same as reading your battery indicator on your phone.

Suffering is a creation in your mind. 

Let´s stop the games of God created this God created that. Please guys let´s move on, it starts to stink all of that narrative. 

11 minutes ago, An young being said:

There's a limit to the suffering from pain or anything else, and beyond that, awakening occurs.

Do you mean that if the pain gets too much there’s a surrender that happens of the ego and awakening occurs? How could that be when there are people getting tortured without awakening 

On 2024-06-18 at 7:33 PM, Yimpa said:

I find that using cannabis wisely is a potent way to explore pain. It is tricky to master the cannabis plant, however.

You mean using cannabis to help alleviate the pain?

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Very simply, pain is information. Same as reading your battery indicator on your phone.

Suffering is a creation in your mind. 

Let´s stop the games of God created this God created that. Please guys let´s move on, it starts to stink all of that narrative. 

True, but the fact is that we don't really know that because when you're in deep pain you'll be overwhelmed, will suffer, get desperate and forget everything except the pain and suffering. If you had not attachments to the body, you wouldn't suffer but to have no attachments to the body means you wouldn't even be alive and playing the yogi guy.

All knowing we have right now disappears when enough pain appears. If you say otherwise, you haven't experienced enough pain.

Thankfully most of us are not in deep pain most of the time. Maybe Leo is, that's why he's been so bitter lately.

Edited by Vibes

14 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Do you mean that if the pain gets too much there’s a surrender that happens of the ego and awakening occurs? How could that be when there are people getting tortured without awakening 

I think so. It's not just the pain, but the suffering it causes. That's one of the reasons why yogi's practice meditation in extremely cold conditions and do fasting for long durations.

Don't try it at home,lol. Harming your body and spoiling it's health is a very selfish thing to do, in my opinion.

Pain is an ingenious invention

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, An young being said:

I think so. It's not just the pain, but the suffering it causes. That's one of the reasons why yogi's practice meditation in extremely cold conditions and do fasting for long durations.

Don't try it at home,lol. Harming your body and spoiling it's health is a very selfish thing to do, in my opinion.

It might be possible but I think it’s extremely rare to happen, for example I heard Eckart tolle once speak about someone awakening in the holocaust , so it must be very rare most people suffer the worst without awakening. 

im not bold enough to try such dw😂 

Edited by Sugarcoat

50 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

It might be possible but I think it’s extremely rare to happen, for example I heard Eckart tolle once speak about someone awakening in the holocaust , so it must be very rare most people suffer the worst without awakening. 

Yes, it's indeed rare, with many other factors playing it's part, for example, an egoistic and selfish person won't be able to awaken even under extreme pain.

52 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

im not bold enough to try such dw😂 

Thank God I haven't committed a sin today 😂

11 minutes ago, An young being said:

Yes, it's indeed rare, with many other factors playing it's part, for example, an egoistic and selfish person won't be able to awaken even under extreme pain.

Thank God I haven't committed a sin today 😂

I can only imagine how amazing it is for those few who it does happen to

😂

On 17/06/2024 at 8:14 PM, RightHand said:

I've never had a God realization. While I can understand the perspective that after leaving our physical bodies, pain might be seen as just another form of Love, it doesn't change the fact that I have suffered and experienced profound physical pain as a human.

Why create something as sharp and insurmountable as physical pain? I struggle to understand why God would subject Himself to that.

Every attempt to rationalize it fails to justify the experience of excruciating physical pain in the present moment.

It's just consciousness, friend. There is no rationalisation or justification needed. Pain is consciousness. The good news is that the pain doesn't last because consciousness is forever in motion.

4 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I can only imagine how amazing it is for those few who it does happen to

😂

On a serious note, awakening is indeed an amazing experience, no matter under what circumstances it happens. 

But awakening is just a short experience to shatter the belief system, enlightenment is more of a constant state of mind.

1 hour ago, Vibes said:

True, but the fact is that we don't really know that because when you're in deep pain you'll be overwhelmed, will suffer, get desperate and forget everything except the pain and suffering. If you had not attachments to the body, you wouldn't suffer but to have no attachments to the body means you wouldn't even be alive and playing the yogi guy.

All knowing we have right now disappears when enough pain appears. If you say otherwise, you haven't experienced enough pain.

Thankfully most of us are not in deep pain most of the time. Maybe Leo is, that's why he's been so bitter lately.

Because knowing is useless 

What Matter is consciousness.

You can have a healthy attachment to a car, yet not suffer if another car crushes to yours.

You can Carry this body in this dream exactly as any tool or machine.

The fact is, the person does not decides when It abandons the body, is Life itself.

Before Life stops carrying a body, a certain time of Liberation happens before.

Trust me, before you are able to do mahasamadhi or after dying not reincarnating, for that level of awareness before you Will have mastered physical pain long time ago.