RightHand

I have one disagreement with God: physical pain

68 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, An young being said:

On a serious note, awakening is indeed an amazing experience, no matter under what circumstances it happens. 

But awakening is just a short experience to shatter the belief system, enlightenment is more of a constant state of mind.

Agree, although there seems to be different kinds of awakenings so it could be permanent but still not enlightenment, that’s what happened to me I’d say 

There is pain, there is suffering. Pain informs of damage. Suffering is resistance to change, to acceptance of loss.

They wire together, pain and suffering direct the ego, balance identity, create direction, emerge compassion.

Suffering counteracts ego, resistance to actuality, getting stuck in hedonism, ignorance, it leads one to growth.

But yes, sometimes pain and suffering result in tremendous torture, tormenting peaks of intensity, I'm not sure if there is something that prevents excess, I sure hope so. Often, circumstances and agency distract one from the pure sensation, but that's not always the case. Migraines can be terrible and one can imagine many circumstances. The sensations have a role, but I wonder whether there is a meta balance that prevents excesses.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

2 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

You mean using cannabis to help alleviate the pain?

Can also be used to explore pain consciously.

Just now, Yimpa said:

Ok I see. Been craving some lately 

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

My few experiences go into that but its more discomfort than pain although the common ground is suffering.

If psychedelics expand awareness and dissociatives dissolve desires, then my experiences with cannabis comparatively bring out tons of childhood experiences, uncomfortable sensations, states of mind where all I wanted was to escape, discomfort, unease, vertigo I associate to past events. Dealing with injuries, inability to sleep, making a fool of myself, being confused, being stuck in life, wanting to move. But since its all part of me, integrating and transforming it grows me.

Still, what way of exploring pain were you pointing to?

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

On 17/06/2024 at 8:24 PM, Leo Gura said:

Well, tough shit.

Oh man 😆 u really get me with these comments of yours. Lol, sometimes I can't help but wonder what kind of a father you're going to be. Hopefully, you'll be a little more gentle – just a little 🤏😊

Posted (edited)

On 18.6.2024 at 7:06 PM, Davino said:

How do you know?

It assumes purpose. Purpose is when you try to derive the value of a thing from some other thing. What value can reality have outside of reality? What thing can exist outside of reality?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.