RightHand

I have one disagreement with God: physical pain

68 posts in this topic

I've never had a God realization. While I can understand the perspective that after leaving our physical bodies, pain might be seen as just another form of Love, it doesn't change the fact that I have suffered and experienced profound physical pain as a human.

Why create something as sharp and insurmountable as physical pain? I struggle to understand why God would subject Himself to that.

Every attempt to rationalize it fails to justify the experience of excruciating physical pain in the present moment.

Without pain you would be dead.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I know man.. But just imagining how deep physical pain can go makes me sick to my stomach. I can't help but view it as a sick and twisted game.

Just now, RightHand said:

@Leo Gura I know man.. But just imagining how deep physical pain can go makes me sick to my stomach. I can't help but view it as a sick and twisted game.

Well, tough shit.

12 minutes ago, RightHand said:

I've never had a God realization. While I can understand the perspective that after leaving our physical bodies, pain might be seen as just another form of Love, it doesn't change the fact that I have suffered and experienced profound physical pain as a human.

Why create something as sharp and insurmountable as physical pain? I struggle to understand why God would subject Himself to that.

Every attempt to rationalize it fails to justify the experience of excruciating physical pain in the present moment.

What type of physical pain?

@bambi Really sharp pain that just makes you crawl on the ground, the example that comes to mind is severe toothaches. I completely understand that this pain made me fix my teeth and move on, but in the moment, I'm like "Why does it have to be this way?"

More generally, the fact that there are no known definitive limits to how much physical pain a human or any conscious being could potentially experience scares me.

Eh you experienced some tooth pain, your post reads as though your in chronic pain 24/7

9 minutes ago, bambi said:

Eh you experienced some tooth pain, your post reads as though your in chronic pain 24/7

Maybe to you tooth pain is no big deal, but for another it can be debilitating. 

@bambi I'm sorry if my post gave that impression. But even if I were in chronic pain 24/7, you could argue that I'm still lucky that I have never had the experience of being a gazelle and being eaten alive by a lion, but that experience is still allowed by reality.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, RightHand said:

but that experience is still allowed by reality.

And worse.

God is Everything. God is your worst nightmare.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And worse.

God is Everything. God is your worst nightmare.

I have recently played a game called "Fear & Hunger." It's a horror roguelike where you explore a dungeon, noticing increasingly bizarre and unsettling occurrences the deeper you venture. The further you delve, the more twisted and horrific the environment becomes, filled with grotesque monstrosities. You later learn that what happened in the dungeon is linked to deities doing their thing.

I loved playing that game, but I would never want to live in that world. Yet, from what I understand, I could very well reincarnate as a living being in the world of Fear and Hunger and live a miserable life.

Edited by RightHand

Pain is the last beast to trascend in human survival. Think about Pain as an intelligent mechanism towards preservation of life and form. Also you may realize that pain is Pure Consciousness as everything else, but too much pain is unbearable that's clear.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

If you take care of your body, pain isnt the biggest issue in the world. Tooth ache, operations, broken bones arent the end of the world or life lol.

Chronic depression, suicidial ideaiton, anxiety, isolation are much bigger issues

What is pain?

2 hours ago, RightHand said:

The human body is designed in a way that if the pain goes beyond what you can handle, you will simply pass out or leave your body, you take as much is you can bear, call it grace.

14 minutes ago, bambi said:

If you take care of your body, pain isnt the biggest issue in the world. Tooth ache, operations, broken bones arent the end of the world or life lol.

Chronic depression, suicidial ideaiton, anxiety, isolation are much bigger issues

Wait until a bear jumps on you ! :/

Posted (edited)

You fail to acknowledge that you may have more to do with your experience of pain than an imagined entity does. 

17 hours ago, RightHand said:

Why create something as sharp and insurmountable as physical pain?

You have to ask this to yourself, looking into what pain is and why it occurs. 

Ouch!

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, bambi said:

These are different forms of pain.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

There is no why for existence.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, RightHand said:

If there is no pain then their is no pleasure and happiness. This insight i got from shrooms. Who knows maybe my insight is wrong.