VictorB02

Wild Wild Country

15 posts in this topic

I just watched the Wild Wild Country documentary on Netflix and.... HOLY SHIT! NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A COMMUNE TURNED CULT!
wild-wild-country-netflix.jpg

Super Interesting to see how things turned sideways as soon as the collective ego of Oregon was threatened by the collective ego of the Rajneeshpuram, and then it was basically a battle of survival between the two.

Crazy!

P.S. - Antelope Oregon is like an 8 hour drive from my house. Anyone want to go visit :D

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Loved this documentary! Ahh not from the US but would love to explore Oregon one day!

I really liked this documentary. Such a good thing to watch from a Spiral Dynamics point of view as well. I saw it as a great example of Blue vs. Green, but then you've got Ma Anand Sheela who very Orange, kind of battling for power against Osho himself, who is Turquoise (but with a rather strong Orange fondness for luxury cars perhaps!). Also, what happens when you gather a group of people with a strong Red element and parachute them into a Green community.

My only criticism of the doc is that it doesn't go very much into Osho's teachings, but I get why they didn't.

5 hours ago, GabeN said:

Loved this documentary! Ahh not from the US but would love to explore Oregon one day!

It is a great doc. Oregon is a beautiful state. 

5 hours ago, leebus99 said:

I really liked this documentary. Such a good thing to watch from a Spiral Dynamics point of view as well. I saw it as a great example of Blue vs. Green, but then you've got Ma Anand Sheela who very Orange, kind of battling for power against Osho himself, who is Turquoise (but with a rather strong Orange fondness for luxury cars perhaps!). Also, what happens when you gather a group of people with a strong Red element and parachute them into a Green community.

My only criticism of the doc is that it doesn't go very much into Osho's teachings, but I get why they didn't.

Yes well said. They did a great job of sharing both sides. I was surprised they even got Sheela on to speak as well. 

So many lessons to learn from the whole ordeal!

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

Sweet, I will have to watch this soon! Here is another clip I found:

2:59 “With all of that enlightenment, how could he miss Sheela’s shenanigans?” Lol.

Edited by Yimpa

Shela was a devil.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Sweet, I will have to watch this soon! Here is another clip I found:

2:59 “With all of that enlightenment, how could he miss Sheela’s shenanigans?” Lol.

@Yimpa you gotta watch it. It's so good.

And that clip is nuts. Osho was really something else xD

I still have his book "Love, Freedom, Aloneness" and I have to admit, it's pretty damn good.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Shela was a devil.

Whattt no! She was Love incarnate! :D

Yes, it was good. 

👽

What’s really sad about it is that Rajneesh was a very profound and smart person. I loved his book, ‘Book of Secrets’, as well as his, ‘Take it Easy’, podcast series.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

It is very interesting to see in Sheela the power dynamics inherent in humans. In another era, there would have been a war and many people would have burned at the stake in the public square.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why he speaks like he wants to hypnotize with his eyes.

The crowd's sudden laughs are funny.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, RightHand said:

Damn, next level drama.

Right? Poison people and assassination type of drama! 

8 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Yes, it was good. 

Definitely. Props to the film makers - they crafted a great doc.

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

What’s really sad about it is that Rajneesh was a very profound and smart person. I loved his book, ‘Book of Secrets’, as well as his, ‘Take it Easy’, podcast series.

Yes I agree. He was a profound man. And I will have to check those out!

"Love, Freedom, Aloneness" is the first book I got from him and absolutely loved it as well.

52 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is very interesting to see in Sheela the power dynamics inherent in humans. In another era, there would have been a war and many people would have burned at the stake in the public square.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm surprised the situation never escalated to more violence in their case - it's actually a miracle nobody died from violence.

It's also interesting how those power dynamics are literally burned into us, regardless of how perfect or immune to it we think our group or commune is. School, Work, Friends - you get humans in a group and you know the power games are going to be right there with it. 

13 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I don't understand why he speaks like he wants to hypnotize with his eyes.

He was definitely a wild wild man 😂

Edited by VictorB02

@VictorB02 If you're looking for 'Take It Easy', it comes in book format, but I found the podcast on specifically the Apple Podcasts App.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

On 6/18/2024 at 1:57 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@VictorB02 If you're looking for 'Take It Easy', it comes in book format, but I found the podcast on specifically the Apple Podcasts App.

sweet, i'll check it out.