Sugarcoat

Why is reality called love?

72 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

I see

try it with someone you are close with, it turns a special relationship into a sacred relationship

8 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I’ve dissolved many layers to myself but never fully so that’s a tricky part. I agree the self can never realize this non dual love because it is limited and biased

i don’t really know but my intuition says reality fundamentally has no purpose behind it

The experience of True Reality maybe Love/Bliss, but Reality as You say imo has no purpose, as where does this idea of Purpose come from? It comes from our human mind, a part of reality has purpose (to survive and live another day), but not the totality of it, as what would be the purpose of having Life as we know it, all of its diversity, with most of it suffering in some sort of way (or the ability at all to experience Suffering), and a small minority not suffering at all, what is the purpose of that? In my observations of this world today its only getting worse not better...

I'd rather look at Reality as a sort of grand Intelligence, that is the only word I can find I can use, and we here on this planet as we are as Human Beings are just higher potentialities of being able to experience the Reality in a sort of Totality, most are limited for sure via their Bodies and Mind complexes and attachments to them, but we have over the thousands of years found ways to go beyond these limitations and experience Reality as it is, at least for a limited few, but from what I have researched most all of us are capable of it, if we go beyond our many attachments and unconsciousness...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

try it with someone you are close with, it turns a special relationship into a sacred relationship

Easier to understand conceptually than to actually see it

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not metaphorical, it's literal.

ONENESS.

I was thinking that 

4 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Love/Bliss, but Reality as You say imo has no purpose,

Ever heard of the "fine tuining of the universe "?

Why there are laws of physics?  What makes the planets orbit around the sun In a smooth way and not deviate from it's path by an inch ? 

Do you live your life as if it has no purpose?  Why do you eat,shit ,and fuck ?

7 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

a part of reality has purpose (to survive and live another day), but not the totality of it,

Actually it's the other way around ..your human life is purposeless .ant's life is purposeless .you crush them with your feet everyday and nothing seems to change in the big picture. So from this i conclude that the purpose of the totality of reality is not affected nor related in any way with the munituia of our individual existence. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Posted (edited)

It is something extremely simple. When there is true love between humans, a mother for her child, two true lovers without barriers who love each other completely, also the love of an artist for his creation, or of a person enlightened by reality, what there is is the open flow of reality without barriers. Reality is that, that creative force, full, total, that fills your heart and soul.

As humans we close ourselves to love because of fear, it is inevitable. We come from competition and war, and it is implanted in our genes. barriers, thorns, fear, envy, greed, narcissism and hatred. This closes us down, and also keeps us moving as a species.

If we want to open ourselves to the glory that reality is, call it love if you want, but it is a love that is more than love, it is the total, infinite, absolute reality, flowing on itself, we must identify and let fall those thorns, that fear, that greed, that narcissism, and open ourselves to the absolute glory of the infinity .

Edited by Breakingthewall

14 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Easier to understand conceptually than to actually see it

yes mind won't even admit this kind of love is possible and for a mind it is not

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is something extremely simple. When there is true love between humans, a mother for her child, two true lovers without barriers who love each other completely, also the love of an artist for his creation, or of a person enlightened by reality, what there is is the open flow of reality without barriers. Reality is that, that creative force, full, total, that fills your heart and soul.

As humans we close ourselves to love because of fear, it is inevitable. We come from competition and war, and it is implanted in our genes. barriers, thorns, fear, envy, greed, narcissism and hatred. This closes us down, and also keeps us moving as a species.

If we want to open ourselves to the glory that reality is, call it love if you want, but it is a love that is more than love, it is the total, infinite, absolute reality, flowing on itself, we must identify and let fall those thorns, that fear, that greed, that narcissism, and open ourselves to the absolute glory of the infinity .

yes mind says, i need protection at all costs and threats are in all directions

Grace is acceptance of the love of God within a world of seeming hate and fear. By grace alone the hate and fear are gone, for grace presents a state so opposite to everything the world contains that those whose minds are lighted by the gift of grace cannot believe the world of fear is real.

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Ever heard of the "fine tuining of the universe "?

Why there are laws of physics?  What makes the planets orbit around the sun In a smooth way and not deviate from it's path by an inch ? 

Do you live your life as if it has no purpose?  Why do you eat,shit ,and fuck ?

Actually it's the other way around ..your human life is purposeless .ant's life is purposeless .you crush them with your feet everyday and nothing seems to change in the big picture. So from this i conclude that the purpose of the totality of reality is not affected nor related in any way with the munituia of our individual existence. 

The "Physical Reality" may have a purpose by which is to allow life as we know it on this planet to exist, ruled by the law of physics as we know it to be.  But even our modern day science is saying that existence as we know it in this physical form of creation is not the whole picture, dark energy makes up something like 70% of it, and the atom as far as we know is mostly akasha or sort of empty but not empty space, filled with mostly energy fields of some sort. 

Now the question is why are we here as we are right now? My only explanation is that we are part of the Potentiality that exists in the Absolute, where all Potential and Possibility as well as Oneness and Completeness is, but no individuality which is needed for experience and expression to happen, which as well need a dual karmic existence to be possible too, so we are living that out this Potentiality in this physical realm, with the capability to go beyond our physicality in experience and see reality as one big Whole Connectedness, or at least as far as our Limited Body and Minds will allow...That's my crazy theory to it all lol...

In the end I would not call Reality Love, as we are all deciding to make up different definitions of that word, so it makes no sense using it, same with the world God, but using the word Intelligence and saying this is what Reality is makes more sense for me, since we all have a basic understanding of what that means that is common among Us...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

yes mind says, i need protection at all costs and threats are in all directions

Mind says that because it's true. Thousands of generations of humans have lived in constant conditions like the siege of Stalingrad and worse. massacre, slavery, epidemics, and that has a genétical fingerprint. reality is relentless, but at the same time, and paradoxically, its essence is the divine flow of perfect love. This is extremely difficult to understand. Let's say, using the acim terminology you like, that reality offers itself to martyrdom for the sake of the greater glory of its creation.

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

Our mind divides reality through thoughts. In actuality, these divisions are concepts which are never seen. In other words, they are beliefs. In reality, it is all one singular occurrence, because everything happens now.

All the emotions that humans create through imagination are designed to guide them towards unity/love/inclusiveness. The only reason you can hate is through your intellectual capacity to divide reality.

"Bad emotions" guide you away from division. In other words, it guides you towards an absence of division (unity/love).

Hate feels bad because you are harming yourself. Hate is like writing "other things" in sharpie on your arm, blaming it for all your problems, and then stabbing it.

Love is erasing the sharpie marking, and realizing that all hate is harm done onto yourself. Love is a complete psychological absence of division.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

2 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Is that a particular awakening? You seem to suggest there are many kinds.

In this video he outlines 30 distinct Awakenings:

It's one of my old time favourites

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

23 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

The "Physical Reality" may have a purpose by which is to allow life as we know it on this planet to exist, ruled by the law of physics as we know it to be.  But even our modern day science is saying that existence as we know it in this physical form of creation is not the whole picture, dark energy makes up something like 70% of it, and the atom as far as we know is mostly akasha or sort of empty but not empty space, filled with mostly energy fields of some sort. 

Yes science has demonstrated that atoms are 99.999% empty space . And we are still infants in our understanding of the universe ..science discovers new planets ..new galaxies..new subatomic particles and shit everyday.  What does that tell you ? That we should be humble if we don't have the full picture yet . Your argument is twisted around on you . If we don't know the ultimate purpose of a something(x) ..be it a video game world..a simulation..an entire universe does not mean that its purposeless .

Correct me if I misunderstood what you've said here. 

28 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Now the question is why are we here as we are right now? My only explanation is that we are part of the Potentiality that exists in the Absolute, where all Potential and Possibility as well as Oneness and Completeness is, but no individuality which is needed for experience and expression to happen, which as well need a dual karmic existence to be possible too, so we are living that out this Potentiality in this physical realm, with the capability to go beyond our physicality in experience and see reality as one big Whole Connectedness, or at least as far as our Limited Body and Minds will allow...That's my crazy theory to it all lol...

I agree with this part .

28 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

In the end I would not call Reality Love, as we are all deciding to make up different definitions of that word, so it makes no sense using it, same with the world God, but using the word Intelligence and saying this is what Reality is makes more sense for me, since we all have a basic understanding of what that means that is common among Us...

Intelligence is synonymous with love.  You can use the word perfection as well.

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Intelligence is synonymous with love.  You can use the word perfection as well.

And raspberry ;)

9 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

And raspberry ;)

It's getting silly ;);)

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Love as you describe it is just a random energy.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

When you love something, even in a limited human way, you experience it more intensely. The more you love something, the more access you have to it, the more deeply intimate your experience of it is — the more real it is. If love gives you access to what is real, then love in the highest degree is reality itself.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, Osaid said:

Our mind divides reality through thoughts. In actuality, these divisions are concepts which are never seen. In other words, they are beliefs. In reality, it is all one singular occurrence, because everything happens now.

All the emotions that humans create through imagination are designed to guide them towards unity/love/inclusiveness. The only reason you can hate is through your intellectual capacity to divide reality.

"Bad feeling" guides you away from division. In other words, it guides you towards an absence of division (unity/love).

Hate feels bad because you are harming yourself. Hate is like writing "other things" in sharpie on your arm, blaming it for all your problems, and then stabbing it.

Love is erasing the sharpie marking, and realizing that all hate is harm done onto yourself. Love is a complete psychological absence of division.

❤️

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Mind says that because it's true. Thousands of generations of humans have lived in constant conditions like the siege of Stalingrad and worse. massacre, slavery, epidemics, and that has a genétical fingerprint. reality is relentless, but at the same time, and paradoxically, its essence is the divine flow of perfect love. This is extremely difficult to understand. Let's say, using the acim terminology you like, that reality offers itself to martyrdom for the sake of the greater glory of its creation.

The wearying, dissatisfying gods you made are blown-up children’s toys.… They are but toys, my child, so do not grieve for them. Their dancing never brought you joy. But neither were they things to frighten you, nor make you safe if they obeyed your rules. They must be neither cherished nor attacked, but merely looked upon as children’s toys without a single meaning of their own. See one in them and you will see them all. See none in them and they will touch you not.… Look calmly at its toys, and understand that they are idols which but dance to vain desires. Give them not your worship, for they are not there.… [God’s Son’s] one mistake is that he thinks them real. What can the power of illusions do?

How does one overcome illusions? Surely not by force or anger, nor by opposing them in any way. Merely by letting reason tell you that they contradict reality. They go against what must be true. The opposition comes from them, and not reality. Reality opposes nothing. What merely is needs no defense, and offers none.

Edited by gettoefl