Rafael Thundercat

Trad-Wife Movement (Ideology or a Necessary Positive Move)

34 posts in this topic

From a Guy married for 8 years and 4 children. 

Posted (edited)

We have TRIED these kind of traditional arrangements as a society already.

The result is that women have little to no power in the relationship and often end up being abused.

This is a large reason why we had feminism. Women needed to be more independent in order to avoid these kind of situations. Because unfortunately men could just not be trusted to not abuse their power.

In addition, we want to make sure we do not discount the gifts that women can genuniely bring to the workplace and positions of power. We are in a modern society that needs intelligence, empathy and other forms of pro-social behavior, not just brute manliness. 

If women truly want to be in a more traditional role, that's ultimately their choice. It can work for some people. But with millions of different women in society, many will not fix into that box. And it's a mistake to try and force them.

Edited by aurum

Traditional style arrangements are definitely viable. They worked for hundreds of years to great effect because they very clearly divide responsibilities for daily survival in a way that generally complements the genetics of men and women. The main reason traditional marriages went away culturally was the loss of religion which drove the culture of traditional marriages in the past and the economy needing more workers post WW2.

I think the biggest hurdle is simply making enough money to support a family on one income in today's economy. Realistically, the wife needs to at least work part-time unless you make a lot of money.

It sounds like people romanticize traditional marriages because they are deprived of meaningful relationships.

Necessary??

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Necessary??

Second to the History woman used to be more Housewife and then due many Change in Culture,Tecnology, Economy slowly the necessity for woman in the workforce became a nessecity and later even a choice. Till we got the times of GirlBoss. And of course not all woman necessarialy want or need to let go of this. But I am observing a shift. And I am not talking about the Hype Tradewifes like Pearl and other jokes online. I am talking of woman that understood that there is nothing wrong with gender roles and what lack is nuance and respect for what is more natural and not societal condicioning. 

I already shared some links in my thread about High Level Resources on Man and Woman Relationship. 

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/101979-high-level-mature-advice-on-man-and-woman-relationship/

And this is one of them, but there is more. The change is mainly coming of woman who already had their own independence and had thrived on it. They have of course their own jobs and bring money to the table, but they are doing it from a integration of their Masculine aspect and delivering the work honouring their Femininity. For me is like ,some couples that are already reaching stage Yellow. They are not Dogmatic Blue anymore, and not Green Hippies that relativise relationships, at same time they dont deny the Orange money making side of things but know how to run a bussiness. Both. Archetypicaly speaking is when a woman reach the Queen Status and she is Engaged with a King, not more Danzel and Prince, not more toxic attachment but a real Integral Relatioship of two Mature Adults engaged in Life. 

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

10 minutes ago, LifeIsObviouslyALie said:

Can the video be described in a few sentences, what's the point? It sound super complex only for the inabillity for a man to recognize the mistake? Am I wrong here?

Akkad is obviously Using her case to make his point. That the tradicional way of Man and Woman is the most funtional one. Because is the way he lives. Buty point with this Thread is bring awareness of this Movement as a swing in the society. Not that everyone will become Amish tomorrow. But some are waking up and asking themselfs: Are we Happy with how we relate? The Gender War really serve our evolution? Is the Greatest way to live life? 

How many unmarried woman in their 40 do you know? How many of them regret the dream they bougth. Many are waking up and realizing they got decepted by a Fairy tale of Independence and a Motherless life. Till it get to late. 

I have a friend like this. She want to be a Mother now, but is to late. And what she say is : Is like, I need to resignate myself to live a half lived life. 

Thanks Disney 🤣

10 hours ago, aurum said:

Women needed to be more independent in order to avoid these kind of situations. Because unfortunately men could just not be trusted to not abuse their power.

I don't disagree with your comment as a whole, but I don't think it's men as a collective that do this, I think giving anyone that level of power over someone else, including their spouse, regardless of gender, is a bad idea because even though many wont abuse their power, many will, even if they're not a terrible person, we're all a bit corrupt.

This is why people need to be able to make their own decision, even if it harms them, because the alternative is giving someone else power over them, which may work out for the best, but may lead to terrible abuse. 

But I disagree you making it out to be a problem with men, because there are a lot of women that abuse their spouse, children and others in their care also. 

Have you heard of lucy letby? Many women abuse those in their care, but the difference is men simply have more power to do what they want.

I don't believe either gender is more evil than the other, one simply has had more power. 

Males and females are just are capable as each other of being corrupt. 

9 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

I don't believe either gender is more evil than the other, one simply has had more power. 

Males and females are just are capable as each other of being corrupt. 

So what is happening, at least in the most conscious sector of society is that some people are waking up to the constructed narratives that had being rolling ab out this power struggle for generations. is not about some young social warriors debating or some Far Rigth barking that society got in degeneration. are people, couples that are leading by example. And if you guys from this Forum are not finding this people is just because you are not searching. The rule for me is : Be the difference or serch for Who is being the difference. Is a better option than keep bitching and moaning like a Destiny or Jordam Peterson or whatsoever reactionary inflamatory player outthere.

Some links for appreciation:

What you see on social media is often far from reality. Long-term relationships and marriages are a constant invitation to see ourselves and our partners through a lens of self-ownership, clarity and open-heartedness.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Nk-r9S9Eg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Yes there are ways we may be impeding our visions for healthy love… if we aren’t caring for ourselves and in integrity with our essence we probably won’t attract the kind of partner we are visioning. And, this isn’t the whole picture.

We play a role in how our lives look and it would be a disservice to believe that we have full control over everything that does or doesn’t happen.

Part of the journey of being a human is surrendering ourselves to the great mystery and timelines that we don’t always get to control.

We are so conditioned in the healing sphere to believe that if only we do this course or repeat this mantra that our partner will just magically appear. For some of us, it will! We may have certain soul lessons to play out with relationship being a key theme in this life.

Not everyone is here for that. We don’t get to know when our partner will show up, we only get to be true to our hearts and souls and live in a way that signals our readiness for whatever is meant to arrive before us.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4ESB-mSDl1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Posted (edited)

Of course, this TradWife Movement can be some for of Reactionary Move in the Social Pendulum. And become a form of Showing off or Virtue Signaling or even Just a tentative of "Going back to the Golden times" But still is something spreading. 

here is one about the ideia of Returning to the Old times being a good idea 

Is not need of Shoulds or Shouldnts is just a question of observing what is Healty

What’s a trad wife ?

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

@Schizophonia for me is a reactionary way to counteract the effects of Masculinization of Woman by many Cultural Complex Events. There are Sane version of it but will not find it in the Standard Youtube videos, because most Couples who are in Concious Union are not doing to show it to an audience. 

1 minute ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

@Schizophonia for me is a reactionary way to counteract the effects of Masculinization of Woman by many Cultural Complex Events. 

Which masculinitzation ?

What do you mean.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Which masculinitzation ?

What do you mean.

One things I came to understand is that Normies and specially young people are highly influenced by media and movies. I

And behind every Movie there is a certain Frequency and Philosophy, that if goes unquestioned can drive que choices of someone in many way. Sometimes the Director even declare their intentions, that are not at all bad, are good, but not going on with consequeces not planed. I am not againt women cultivate their Huntres spirit , because there is aneed for it. But if she dont learn to attend to her Softness too, she will have some Relationship issues.

Posted (edited)

But short Videos and Short contemplation will not paint the Whole Picture. It demands study. 

@Schizophonia if you..Truly Listen this Podcast, you will understand a lot.. For me is basicaly to question: Why I am making this choice for my life? Why I fell gravitated to this sort of Ideology or way of life? Is to be able to really choice from a point of Self-Truth and not based on Consensus or Reactionary. 

I not saying that Trad-wife is a way to go. Is to observe how people sometimes just make choices from a place of Consesus or even from Protest. If you are living your life to Please or even to Protest against some Social Construct, you are subtly Living and Unauthentic life. 

I like to aways see social movements as Waves, and not waves that keep going but waves that come and go and with every wave some stuff get stuck in the shores and some stuff are taken back to the deep sea. 

Feminist as all know have Waves and with the increase of complexity I think waves became different Tide forces in different cultures.

And also we can question what are the true Roots of a Movement?? For example today can we trace exactly the forces and players who started the MAGA movement? I dont know.

But why to think Feminism could go Unquestion. ?? If something came to be and came to have so powerfull influence we could ask about the origins and if the Origins were conscious or just again people reacting to the things and improvising without seein the unplaned consequeces

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._B._Shelley

But at same time , everyone who publish videos or interviews online have their own Bias. 

I noticide that in the back of this video the girl making the interview are from the "Heritage Foundation" so I searched for it and it gave me as the first link this political bias fact checker:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/#:~:text=Overall%2C we rate the Heritage Foundation Right Biased,warming and the health dangers associated with tobacco.

Captura de ecrã 2024-06-18 145600.png

Posted (edited)

Is important to notice that things are interconnected in life. Relationship of Man and Woman end up having a effect in Politics and vice versa. 

Because is Polarity and is sometimes about Power and Balance 

Good one below:

I never really get when someone living a certain way of life prescribes that way of life for everyone else. In our current society you can live as traditional family if you like or you can live single or polyamorous or whatever. The idea of the traditional family (2.4 kids) as we know it only really began to come in, in the 1950's before that children would be sent away to work from a young age. This idea of family that with have is really a relatively new concept, its almost a fantasy that has not really existed in the history of humanity, where there is such wealth that the mother can focus on raising children and the father works and provides for the whole family. Its almost an experiment which didnt really work as it limited the options of women and put people in positions they didnt necessarily want to be in. That being said it was probably a well needed step in terms of what came before. 

I think when people bring it up now, its seen through rose tinted glasses at a time in history where everything was 'perfect', white picket fence life. The reality is that not everyone could have it comfortably and even within it there wa a lot of repression and unhappiness.