integral

Lentils making me feel weak and tired

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, undeather said:

If your symptoms emerge only 20-30 minutes after ingestion, then it has propably nothing to do with fiber, microbiome or caloric intake. My best guess from what I have read so far is propably some sort of intolerance/ IgE-mediated food hypersensitivity. Sometimes this will resolve itself once you cut out the affecetd foodgroups for a longer period of time and then reintroduce them slowly.

Ye that’s the strategy I’ve been going with sticking to things that gives good energy without the side effects. But I was interested in trying out his protocol.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, petar8p said:

There are techniques to increase digestibility and fight anti nutrients by sprouting, soaking and cooking them.

I'm aware, but IME it doesn't help enough. You will get some type of gas lingering around. Even cooking it till it is mush. Lentils/legumes specifically have some kind of sugar called raffinose which is indigestible and causes bloating IIRC. Mileage could vary for different people.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

Posted (edited)

Don't follow others blindly, rather listen to your own body.

People have different metabolisms.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

I'm aware, but IME it doesn't help enough. You will get some type of gas lingering around. Even cooking it till it is mush. Lentils/legumes specifically have some kind of sugar called raffinose which is indigestible and causes bloating IIRC. Mileage could vary for different people.

Yeah I imagine this might not fully solve the problem of digestion for some. But reading into it, trying it and seeing what it does cannot hurt us, right?

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, petar8p said:

Yeah I imagine this might not fully solve the problem of digestion for some. But reading into it, trying it and seeing what it does cannot hurt us, right?

I personally don't see it as a useful endeavor, then. Find some other food with similar nutrients. Unless it's a situation where it is the only option, or you're following some super specific superfood protocol, I guess.

Edited by Osaid

Describe a thought.

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

I personally don't see it as a useful endeavor, then. Find some other food with similar nutrients. Unless it's a situation where it is the only option, or you're following some super specific superfood protocol, I guess.

Experience and testing things out for oneself is always useful. Be it socializing, nutrition, exercising etc. Kind of keeps you alive and curious too, not just relying on literature as these are complex subject matters to study and apply it to everyone. 

For God's sake, we live here for 70+ years, what are you gonna be using them for then getting to know yourself better and find out how the everyday things suit you the best?

33 minutes ago, petar8p said:

Experience and testing things out for oneself is always useful. Be it socializing, nutrition, exercising etc. Kind of keeps you alive and curious too, not just relying on literature as these are complex subject matters to study and apply it to everyone. 

Yeah true, been there, done that, here is my conclusion. I'm not relying on literature. I don't digest them because of the sugars. Maybe other people do. See for yourself.

Describe a thought.

18 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

You just need to learn how to cook them. xD 

Vegetable stir fry (carrots, red pepper, onion), a bit of salt, some spices (parsley, cayenne pepper, thyme), tomato sauce, three boiled eggs, two tablespoons of a red pepper sauce (red peppers, garlic, cumin, salt, vinegar, and olive oil), and of course, a can of cooked lentils. 

I've eaten lentils before when someone else cooked them and they still sucked. 

Lentils can contian lectins that can cause sensitivity issues. Pressure cooking removes alot of them, this may help. Besides this I found comitting 1-2 months to a new diet for full adjustments depending on how severe your reaction is

I used to eat a lot of beans everyday, one or even two cans daily. They taste pretty great, but I started feeling lethargy in my body and mind to the degree I would call depression. It took me a long time to realize the beans were what was causing it and I suffered a lot because of it. It is crazy that something as seemingly benign as beans can ruin a person. I was probably eating too many beans and I may be sensitive to them compared to the average person. I no longer eat a can of beans everyday. lol

Posted (edited)

@Seth insight can take a surprising amount of work and fumbling about!

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Seth I have a glass that I pour a vitamin in every once in a while to drink, there’s always a bit of residue at the bottom of the glass, today I looked in the glass and found a centipede inside the glass. In closer inspection the centipede was dead LOL. So it must’ve crawled in and died maybe after eating the vitamin LOL. 

Posted (edited)

Why do you eat this shit ? I’m sure the only thing Bryan actually likes in his meal is the desert lol.

Let’s eat an good salade, a big homemade hamburger with oven fries and a Coca Cola or orange juice, and Haagen dazs vanilla for desert, plus some fruits.

Tou can also add red wine and Camel Essentials 😎

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Jokes aside, it probably just lake calories for you.

Especially since these are not digestible foods and a good part of the “calories” will end up in the toilet.

Posted (edited)

You never « lack » energy, « crash », otherwise you would die.

You have fatigue because you chronically lake calories and your CNS put himself easily in torpor when glycemia goes down and so when cortisol began to goes up. 

It could also be diabetes but it’s very very improbable in your case.

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

@Schizophonia I can digest most food with good energy and not feel like I’m experiencing a stroke.

like if I eat a can of tomatoes and some carrots I’ll get hungry in the future very quickly because there’s not enough calories but I won’t crash.

Edited by integral

13 hours ago, integral said:

@Schizophonia I can digest most food with good energy and not feel like I’m experiencing a stroke.

like if I eat a can of tomatoes and some carrots I’ll get hungry in the future very quickly because there’s not enough calories but I won’t crash.

Sometimes you may have to accept that science may not always be able to explain things and everyone's body is different.

Listen to your body, it doesn't like lentils. It may be intolerance/allergy. It may be the high fibre content. 

Have you had extensive blood work done.