integral

Bryan Johnson has Edited his DNA

100 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Rich dude pumping himself with millions in chemicals to stay young and immortal is just an obvious red flag.

Leo is completely right here, in fact it’s sad more people don’t see through it.

If you know anything about some of the drugs Brian is pumping himself with, you start to shudder as to what that could be doing to him beneath the surface.

He’s incredibly lucky he hasn’t had any debilitating side effects or major systemic crashes (yet).

I know people personally who aren’t so lucky and whose lives have been devastated through a bad reaction to just a single drug he’s taking on his list.

Posted (edited)

He stated that because he’s on a caloric deficit his testosterone went down so he takes testosterone injections to bring his levels back up to “normal”.

The issue with this logic is that your body evolved for 1 billion years and it has intelligence built within it, so testosterone dropping because of a caloric deficit is an intelligent choice the body makes to keep you alive, so to counteract that intelligence is to think that you’re smarter than the body in a superficial way.

In this one instance it might not have any negative side effects but this kind of logic applies to his whole philosophy that the body is wrong the body makes incorrect choices and we can just plough through it with a bulldozer.

Another issue is he takes a bunch of supplements that he has no evidence improve his health he just take them because the research told him to. For example The supplement Ashwaganda has a bunch of research proving its effectiveness but he has not measured its effectiveness in his own body, he simply takes the supplement assuming it will be good for him.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral Bingo.

I don’t see how any highly conscious person could treat their body so foolishly as this.

Any shred of self-love and higher awareness would expose not only the ego in trying to outstrip the body’s insane natural intelligence but also the suffering and emotional trauma that could ultimately result in. 

The whole rising fad of visiting ‘hormone optimization’ clinics and TRT etc. as if it’s just like popping a multivitamin is such a sad trap that millions will fall prey to over the coming years.

Manipulating your hormones can royally fuck you up in ways you can’t imagine, make no mistake about it. 

42 minutes ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

In my example above, that would correspond to acknowledging that we evolved with our skin exposed to the Sun and therefore maintaining a minimal level of Sun exposure could be wise.

But what if measurement shows the opposite? That's obvious the argument Bryan's team is making. Are you so sure about your theory that you will go against what the data is showing?

Don't forget that evolution is not interested in optimal human health. Evolutionary, you are set up to have good health for a short time in your youth and then that's pretty much it. After that, everything goes to hell. What if we need to do something "unnatural" in order to create optimal human health?

Also, we evolutionarily evolved to do many things. Many of which killed us. If we are going off of history / evolution, how do we know which things that humans used to do we should keep and which can we let go of?

42 minutes ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

Anyway, my personal bias is to rely on natural means as much as possible.

But where do you draw the line on what is "natural"?

Humans are natural. Humans then created sunscreen. Why is that unnatural? And how do you know that natural is better?

Posted (edited)

Bryan Johnson has Edited his DNA

I say… let’s not be hypocrites by editing our own posts.

Edited by Yimpa

He uses countless products which doesn't stop your age but make you LOOK young on the surface. He even wears makeup, kinda look sometimes like a trans.

For me he is an attention seeker. Not really focused on anti aging but just to appear younger. His philosophy is superficial and lacks any depth.

Posted (edited)

Words Bryan Johnson has never said in a video:

Gut Microbiome

Toxins

Heavy metals

Water quality

Air quality

Laundry detergent

Fraud in science

Paid studies

Few long-term research

Health industry corruption/mafia

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Posted (edited)

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

10 hours ago, integral said:

He stated that because he’s on a caloric deficit his testosterone went down so he takes testosterone injections to bring his levels back up to “normal”.

The issue with this logic is that your body evolved for 1 billion years and it has intelligence built within it, so testosterone dropping because of a caloric deficit is an intelligent choice the body makes to keep you alive, so to counteract that intelligence is to think that you’re smarter than the body in a superficial way.

In this one instance it might not have any negative side effects but this kind of logic applies to his whole philosophy that the body is wrong the body makes incorrect choices and we can just plough through it with a bulldozer.

Another issue is he takes a bunch of supplements that he has no evidence improve his health he just take them because the research told him to. For example The supplement Ashwaganda has a bunch of research proving its effectiveness but he has not measured its effectiveness in his own body, he simply takes the supplement assuming it will be good for him.

No offence, but where are you getting this info from? BJ is one of the most tested humans in history, he basically has a mini hospital on his home and tests all his bloodwork, MRI and tons more after all the changes.

I dont see how you could be more wrong with your post lol, humans are a special breed

7 hours ago, Yimpa said:

xD

If I wouldn't know about him then this would look like a promo for a new cult.

Narcistic, superficial. Teenage like. But he is in his 40s so this looks more weird.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, bambi said:

No offence, but where are you getting this info from? BJ is one of the most tested humans in history, he basically has a mini hospital on his home and tests all his bloodwork, MRI and tons more after all the changes.

I dont see how you could be more wrong with your post lol, humans are a special breed

Your paradigm versus mine. In your paradigm those tests represent something meaningful and are not isolated data points that Miss the bigger picture.

He has a supplement in his system and he has not measured How it affects him because it’s too subtle. The research tells him it improves his health but he has not measured it within his own body because how could he, there’s no way to measure some of the supplements. Especially the ones that have long-term possible benefits.

Some of the things he’s doing he can measure other things he cannot, so he relies on research like the effectiveness of wine extract for longevity.

Measurements and studies have never been used for anything long-term before all of these studies research and development are for short windows of six month effectiveness, there is a whole world of nightmares awaiting you in the domain of long-term research that science ignores or has no funding for. Especially when it comes to hormones.

Edited by integral

If you become 120 years old, 60 years would be your midlife. Just an interesting perspective.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

35 minutes ago, integral said:

Your paradigm versus mine. In your paradigm those tests represent something meaningful and are not isolated data points that Miss the bigger picture.

He has a supplement in his system and he has not measured How it affects him because it’s too subtle. The research tells him it improves his health but he has not measured it within his own body because how could he, there’s no way to measure some of the supplements. Especially the ones that have long-term possible benefits.

Some of the things he’s doing he can measure other things he cannot, so he relies on research like the effectiveness of wine extract for longevity.

Measurements and studies have never been used for anything long-term before all of these studies research and development are for short windows of six month effectiveness, there is a whole world of nightmares awaiting you in the domain of long-term research that science ignores or has no funding for. Especially when it comes to hormones.

I dont understand your negativity at all towards Bryan. We must have such opposite personalities.

The guy is attemtping to be as healthy as possible, using all the latest research, all the latest testing methodologies, and is sharing with the world for free. And your response is pure disdain and negativity, bizzarre

Posted (edited)

@bambi no it’s not. That’s how you feel about it.

I experimented with all of this stuff already and possibly you have not that’s why I’m speaking critical of his method.

have you applied yourself?

Edited by integral

2 minutes ago, integral said:

How old are you out of interest?

Posted (edited)

@bambi so you really think injecting  steroids, taking strong drugs like Finasterid and Minoxidil just to have your hair looking good, wearing makeup, spending tons of money for broadcasting his narcistic image has something to do with stopping your age?

This has nothing to do with health but with looking good on the outside.

Edited by OBEler

20 minutes ago, integral said:

I experimented with all of this stuff already and possibly you have not that’s why I’m speaking critical of his method.

have you applied yourself?

Of course lol!

I even have tried lots of different peptides. I have been into bio-hacking for some time.

But your posts are just inaccurate and false. Which shows your clear negativity. He has spoken about gut microbiome (he had a pill go through his intestines and posted the results), he has spoke about air, water etc. 

I dont resonate with your posts and attitude at all

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@bambi so you really think injecting  steroids, taking strong drugs like Finasterid and Minoxidil just to have your hair looking good, wearing makeup, spending tons of money for broadcasting his narcistic image has something to do with stopping your age?

This has nothing to do with health but with looking good on the outside.

Thats pure fucking stupidity (no offence), look at his diet, excercise, lifestlye and bio markers. The guy gets 100% sleep, and lives a top 1% healthy lifestyle based on all modern science, your post is utter idiotic. AND AFAIK he uses topical creams not injections for what you mention, LOL!

IF you want to criticise some nuances of his protocol sure, but you have such a gross mischaracterisaiton of him and his team. He has some amazing team of highly educated people (oliver zollman). Your stance is knee jerk uninformed idiocy

Edited by bambi

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, bambi said:

Of course lol!

I even have tried lots of different peptides. I have been into bio-hacking for some time.

But your posts are just inaccurate and false. Which shows your clear negativity. He has spoken about gut microbiome (he had a pill go through his intestines and posted the results), he has spoke about air, water etc. 

I dont resonate with your posts and attitude at all

My perspective of him after watching all of his content is that I like his personality and his message which is generally very positive, he’s moving in the right direction.

From personal experience I can see that some of the stuff he’s doing is misguided and some of the test results are conflated with other things he’s doing as well as issues with long-term research not existing.

There is no long-term research for what he’s doing so he will be the first.

People that are science biased will view what he’s doing as incredibly intelligent because it’s hard for them to see how flawed science is when it comes to these matters.

Doesn’t matter if someone has a PhD or not or how much of science they are applying, they’re all repeating the consensus which is a very flawed system corrupted by money and blinded by data.

Edited by integral