integral

Bryan Johnson has Edited his DNA

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It’s like a MrBeast video. After the injection his fallistatin levels increased by 160% (injection), muscle mass increase to 7% and he also slowed the rate of ageing further By some percentage.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Quite interesting, I hadn't seen this before. Thanks for sharing. Curious to see if this will indeed have an effect while keeping a safe profile. Do you know if this therapy is done once in a lifetime or if it has to be repeated in the future?

Fallostatin blocks the effect of "myostatin" - a protein which is an important modulator of muscle-growth in the body. Meaning that you basically let go of one major hypertrophy-breaks, leading to increased muscle-growth in the process. There are actually people who have a (loss of function)-.mutation in these myostatin decoding genes, which lowers their total levels, and they come out as extraordinarily muscular in the process: 

83efa993e48f74a807794ffc0264b849b6de7d55.jpg

Those children, as far as I know, do not suffer from any obvious side effect trade-offs. There are hints however, that it might effect the heart in later stages of life. I don't know what to think about this therapy yet - seems like a risky thing to play with such an important regulator - I would defeinitely not recommend it because I dont see the reward for a potentially life changing risk. But let's stay open minded!

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

This guy is like the posterboy of bro-science BS.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

why ?

The devil is in the details.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes whats the basis for you claims, his team with oliver zollman etc is pretty stacked in terms of academia. Why are you saying such things?

Posted (edited)

The whole vibe is off.

Rich dude pumping himself with millions in chemicals to stay young and immortal is just an obvious red flag.

Calling this ego-trip science is a stretch.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura its fascinating to see, how big his ego is. But should not 5 Meo DMT decrerase that or humble him a bit?He did it a lot of times otherwise he would not tattoo the chemical formula of 5 meo on his forearm. 

In terms of his work: If I see him an watch all nonsense he is doing, I feel he must be not be very intelligent. Funny also that he measure all kind of bullshit but never in his life he measured his IQ according to him. 

Edited by OBEler

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura its fascinating to see, how big his ego is. But should not 5 Meo DMT decrerase that or humble him a bit?He did it a lot of times otherwise he would not tattoo the chemical formula on his forearm. 

5-MeO-DMT does not guarantee anything. You can use it to increase ego and build up whatever fantasy you want.

In terms of his work: If I see him an watch all nonsense he is doing, I feel he must be not be very intelligent. Funny also that he measure all kind of bullshit but never in his life he measured his IQ according to him. 

I don't know anything about the guy or his intelligence. To me just the high level of what he's doing seems off base.

These Silicon Valley tech-bros live in their own bubbles surrounded by yes-men and their own kind.

It's all too easy to bullshit oneself with such things.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 6/14/2024 at 3:19 PM, PsychedelicEagle said:

I see his extremely reductionistic approach to health, trying to quantify everything, as a hallmark of stage orange. Personally, I believe it's more robust to rely on whole foods, the ones we evolved eating. Every time you consume something different/extremely concentrated such as supplements you're putting your body "out of distribution" (thinking of nutrients as different dimensions in a statistical distribution).

That said, I see Bryan's Blueprint initiative as quite positive. He's sharing all the data, recipes, etc. He also seems to incorporate a lot of stage green/yellow in his ideas (at least for a stage orange entrepreneur). For instance, see this presentation. He addresses subjects like global warming and more systemic issues such as our collective minds.

As I mentioned in this post, I see his Blueprint project as quite positive. The main issue with Bryan IMO is that he's still stuck in stage orange, trying to measure everything. And IIRC he's got a quite materialist/rationalist worldview, as per his interview for Curt Jaimungal (for whom Leo was also interviewed). Still, he's got green values such environmentalism.

7 minutes ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

The main issue with Bryan IMO is that he's still stuck in stage orange, trying to measure everything.

Measurement is a good strategy when it comes to health. Health sits strongly in the domain of science. 

In my opinion, the issue is more of his underlying Don't Die philosophy. He thinks survival is humanity's top objective since we are about to align with super intelligent AI. Then we will be able to live forever thanks to perfect health. This is the bigger issue.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To me just the high level of what he's doing seems off base.

I agree with this, but if you look deeper he seems to have good intentions: sharing all the data, emphasizing the importance of the fundamentals (sleep, diet, exercise), etc. He's mostly coming from a hyper rationalist perspective. Which actually makes him somewhat relatable for people who are scientifically-minded and not yet open to trans-rationalism.

8 minutes ago, aurum said:

Measurement is a good strategy when it comes to health. Health sits strongly in the domain of science. 

In my opinion, the issue is more of his underlying Don't Die philosophy. He thinks survival is humanity's top objective since we are about to align with super intelligent AI. Then we will be able to live forever thanks to perfect health. This is the bigger issue.

Fair point, indeed, and great summary. Though I still think a more holistic approach would be more robust for long-term health -- using but at the same time acknowledging the limitations of the current metrics/measurements.

Edited by PsychedelicEagle

@integral I find it very interesting what he's doing. He made his life purpouse trying to push the age limit as far as possible. It always piques my curiosity how different this man lives, eats and does its own thing.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

21 minutes ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

but at the same time acknowledging the limitations of the current metrics/measurements.

Such as?

Is a bit weird, but the guy is pushing health to its limits.

Lets see what he can discover in the next few years.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, aurum said:

Such as?

For instance, never exposing himself to Sunlight. Granted, UV radiation ages the skin and you can supplement Vitamin D. But what if there's more to Sunlight than Vitamin D? What if Sun exposure expresses/produces other genes or compounds we're not aware of as of today?

Also, is it really healthier to block the UV you are exposed to but then risk adding other chemicals (e.g., PFAS) into your body via too much sunblocker?

Posted (edited)

@Davino I also find it very interesting, not sure where he is gonna get with all of that extreme scientism but Im here to watch, prefer watching the crazies than the normies, it's like watching Elon Musk, not a dull day.

@PsychedelicEagle Love reading the comments, havent analyzed him from SD perspective, he is evolving, once he hits green and yellow things will be even more interesting. He is not the first to see aging as a disease, David Sinclair says that too. I try to think that everything that exists in reality serves a purpose, nothing is random and god is not dumb. 

My critic is that he is focusing too much on the body and not much in the mind, to live forever with a shitty mind is not wise.

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

17 minutes ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

But what if there's more to Sunlight than Vitamin D? What if Sun exposure expresses/produces other genes or compounds we're not aware of as of today?

That would be a problem. But also, such an argument can always be made. Because no matter how much you measure, you can always theoretically measure more.

In this case, they missed measuring these hypothetical genes or compounds affected by sunlight.

Therefore this is potentially an argument in favor of more measurement, not less. Although obviously a line must be drawn somewhere.

17 minutes ago, PsychedelicEagle said:

Also, is it really healthier to block the UV you are exposed to but then risk adding other chemicals (e.g., PFAS) into your body via too much sunblocker?

You could theoretically use measurement to answer that question.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, aurum said:

That would be a problem. But also, such an argument can always be made. Because no matter how much you measure, you can always theoretically measure more.

In this case, they missed measuring these hypothetical genes or compounds affected by sunlight.

Therefore this is potentially an argument in favor of more measurement, not less. Although obviously a line must be drawn somewhere.

Okay, I see your point. Reformulating mine, I think he relies too much on measurements, lacking epistemic humility. The more we measure, the better (disregarding measurement side effects), but that doesn't mean we have to act within the boundaries of such measurements. Besides measurements, we can use other pillars, such as history and evolution, to inform our decisions.

In my example above, that would correspond to acknowledging that we evolved with our skin exposed to the Sun and therefore maintaining a minimal level of Sun exposure could be wise.

23 minutes ago, aurum said:

You could theoretically use measurement to answer that question.

Yes, granted we know what toxic chemicals to look for. Some might only be revealed to be toxic decades from now.

Anyway, my personal bias is to rely on natural means as much as possible.

31 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

he is focusing too much on the body and not much in the mind, to live forever with a shitty mind is not wise

Indeed. He doesn't even mention meditation in the protocol. Perhaps another hint at his center of gravity still falling under Stage Orange.