Gladius

Pelvis tilted back due to abuse

17 posts in this topic

Now, in my late 30's, I realised my pelvis is tilted back and has been this way probably since the bullying suffered in my youth, as if my body was hiding my male parts. 

Since a few years ago I'm doubling down on my healing, with therapy, exercise, somatic yoga, setting boundaries and so on. My mental health has improved a lot but still can't completely fix this body adaptation. Any ideas?

Try as many ways of stretching as possible.

"Jesus in His love and mercy for me let me know who He really was. He is God who is born to be the Man, Jesus. Jesus was specifically born so that He could die because God is eternal and He cannot die, He had no beginning and He has no end. We have been separated from a relationship with God because of our sin."

This person here is misguided, but at least not a repressed sadistic killer trying to let out his frustrations by attempting murder through psychological torture the way that is characteristic specifically of the decrepit and completely incurable of those who believe in non-duality and Christianity. But don't be fooled, man is sinless by default. You are thrown into this reality without being told anything, that much can never be taken away by any ideologue.

That is very common in todays age due long hours of sitting where your hipflexors are tight..

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Tao Yin should help: 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

That is very common in todays age due long hours of sitting where your hipflexors are tight..

I used to be obsessed with Athlean-X’s work before it became a huge YouTube channel

On 6/16/2024 at 1:32 AM, Gladius said:

Now, in my late 30's, I realised my pelvis is tilted back and has been this way probably since the bullying suffered in my youth, as if my body was hiding my male parts. 

Since a few years ago I'm doubling down on my healing, with therapy, exercise, somatic yoga, setting boundaries and so on. My mental health has improved a lot but still can't completely fix this body adaptation. Any ideas?

Is it causing you pain? Any symptoms at all?

If all you have is a minor posterior pelvic tilt with no symptoms, it's not the end of the world. You may not need to do anything about it at all.

Everyone has slight imbalances. 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Anterior pelvic tilt indicates a pelvic rotated forward, not backward. OP implied he has posterior pelvic tilt.

On 6/16/2024 at 4:30 AM, numbersinarow said:

Try as many ways of stretching as possible.

I would not do this. Just random stretching is likely to accomplish nothing and will be a massive waste of time. 

Edited by aurum

@Yimpa Yeah i losed interest after he became big, now my obssesion is westside barbell...

@aurum then its a completely different problem book supple leopard has solutions with that as i remember..

Trauma release exercises, yin yoga

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone!

@aurum my theory is that if I can fix my posture by releasing trauma stored there, it could increase my energy and libido. Hope it makes sense.

Edited by Gladius

7 hours ago, Gladius said:

Thanks everyone!

@aurum my theory is that if I can fix my posture by releasing trauma stored there, it could increase my energy and libido. Hope it makes sense.

So there’s a lot to unpack here. Going to do my best to break it down without crossing into giving medical advice.

First, if you are not having pain and have always had this pelvic tilt, then it’s probably a low priority outcome to work on. I would be more concerned if you had pain and if it was a recent development, e.g noticing postural change after a car accident or slipping and falling.

You also have to be careful about assuming that just because you have a minor postural imbalance, that you MUST have stored emotional trauma that needs to be released. This is not necessarily the case. Some people are just born with a certain kind of posture and it means nothing in terms of trauma. Or there may just be some neuromuscular / fascial dysfunction that needs to be addressed.

And if you do in fact have trauma, then your best course of action is probably to seek professional help. What helped me with my trauma was years of therapy, difficult conversations with loved ones, introspection and mindfulness. 

None of this is to say that posture is irrelevant. If you still want to work on your posterior pelvic tilt, you can. But changing chronic posture can be very challenging. Especially on your own without professional help from someone like a chiropractor or physical therapist. So I’d consider if going after that is really the best use of your time considering your goals are healing emotional trauma / energy / libido.

12 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@aurum then its a completely different problem book supple leopard has solutions with that as i remember..

Correct. Although I’m not personally a fan of the Supple Leopard. I closed the book as soon as I read that he wants you to keep your core muscles engaged 24/7. But if it works for people, I suppose go for it.

@aurum I thought core engagment thing is while we sit, if he means in every situation thats crazy 😅

@aurum Sure, I agree with you 100%. I have been in therapy and self-development for years and just realised this posture issue short ago, as I have been dropping many psychological defence mechanisms. 

19 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@aurum I thought core engagment thing is while we sit, if he means in every situation thats crazy 😅

That was my interpretation. He mentioned how in his house, family members are allowed punch each other in the gut at anytime to test for core engagement. That includes just walking by each other in the hallway.

There might be good stuff in that book, but that part was too much for me. A good example I think of someone taking their own theories too strongly.

17 minutes ago, Gladius said:

@aurum Sure, I agree with you 100%. I have been in therapy and self-development for years and just realised this posture issue short ago, as I have been dropping many psychological defence mechanisms. 

It sounds like you’ve had it for a long time then.

What is your plan at this point?

@aurum yes, I have been living for decades with C-PTSD and started unraveling the effects the last 5 years or so. I'm doing therapy and everything I can to get my life back on track, focusing on my health, my career and the way Interact with others. Also taking a couple massages per month and treating myself as good as I possibly can.