jacknine119

Bad sides of Leo's teachings

59 posts in this topic

Guys what do you think what are the bad sides of Leo's teachings?

A problem i experience is that it is so far away from anything like it, that it's easy to indulge fully into it, without having much of another viewpoint to go from. 

In academia the presenter often explain theories and ideas from a second or third person viewpoint of the theory, often not the most ideal for a deep understanding, but i can see now that it is honest better than only getting a single first person view. Something Leo is forced to do, since it's his way of viewing the ideas. 

Just something to keep in mind, if not understood then i can easily see why people would call him a cult leader or simmilar. Well, i suppose your projection is what you don't understand

Some of his videos come across as him speaking about things he doesn’t know as much about as he thinks and probably should have studied more before making the video. 

The Bad thing it that some of the most Outrageous Teachings came from Experiences with 5Meo. So the bottleneck is : Who will dare to try the ultimate method.

Bitch and Moaning is easy.

puts way too much emphasis on psychedelics 

7 hours ago, Raze said:

Some of his videos come across as him speaking about things he doesn’t know as much about as he thinks and probably should have studied more before making the video. 

As most of you do on this forum, you have no direct experience or maturity on most matters.

He says the word sex in every video.

Know thyself....

lack of emphasis on practical side of things . more emphasis on theoretical side

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

He says the word sex in every video.

isn't that the only positive?

27 minutes ago, Abe27 said:

isn't that the only positive?

Hehe

Know thyself....

The one making sense of the teachings.

It all depends on the quality of my mind, character and consciousness. If this are not in the proper place, not even the best teacher can save me, if those are in the correct place, I'll find my way out of the shadows in every teaching and with even more fervour my own inner self deceptions.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes virtuous and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

The following ones are more about his attitude than about his teachings:

• Lack of epistemic humility
  • Not being charitable - sometimes presenting the weakest arguments in favour of other views 
  • Criticizing other views for having certain limits, while pretending that there is none in his own view
  • Making a bunch of claims about other people - regarding how conscious they are or how intelligent they are and then not being able to substantiate those claims with anything tangible

Specifically regarding his teachings:

• Making strong empirical claims without being able to substantiate them or without being able to justify them with empirical evidence - this is what he would call "making a conscious or intelligent inference" (Few specific ones that comes to mind "You can't reach this level of consciousness without psychedelics"; "No one has ever reached this level of consciousness"; "You need to have a specific genetics to reach this level of consciousness")
  • Lack of emphasis on how to find/create meaning and how to live a meaningful life
  • Lack of understanding and a lack of integration of logic  - This will be a controversial one, but this goes to almost all the other spiritual teachers as well, because (from what Ive seen) almost none of them have even a graduate level understanding of classical logic let alone an understanding of all the other types of logics and an understanding of the different laws of logic.  - its almost as cringe seeing gurus talk about logic as seeing professors making a bunch of dumb claims about spirituality
Edited by zurew

Good thread.

3 hours ago, zurew said:

Lack of emphasis on how to find/create meaning and how to live a meaningful life

Have you seen his only course, that he mentions in almost every video?

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

i've became super critical about people. in every step i see unconscious people and i am sad when i imagine their unactualized life and i hate this. big influence had Leo about this.

its not bad side to see reality but its still painful

21 minutes ago, jacknine119 said:

i've became super critical about people. in every step i see unconscious people and i am sad when i imagine their unactualized life and i hate this. big influence had Leo about this.

Yeah, I do the same thing. that's one of the downsides of Spiral Dynamics. Its hard not to judge people in the lower stages.

3 hours ago, Miguel1 said:

Have you seen his only course, that he mentions in almost every video?

Yes I have, but I don't think that course really deals with the philosophical depth of the question. That course is more practical oriented rather than philosophical. Meaning seems to be much more than just about purpose and even within the context of purpose - I don't think that the course answers how to select/find a meaningful purpose. I can finish the whole course and unconsciously select for a superficial purpose , that I will drop and maybe even regret down the road. +I disagree with the underlying premise that you can just freely create meaning if you want - there seem to be some underlying principles that would be interesting to be explored that grounds what people will find meaningful in general and what kind of things are generally necessary to have a meaningful life.

On 6/15/2024 at 3:02 PM, quantumspiral said:

@Raze do you have an example?

In his strong determination sitting video he never explains why it works