Ima Freeman

Got hurt badly - Be very careful with heavy metal detoxification

17 posts in this topic

For approximately two and a half years I was doing the Cutler Protocol for chelating the mercury out of my body, that was put there by having amalgam fillings.

I did not make a lot of progress and ended up with the same dose as I originally started. The side effects where severe though, especially mental, so I definitely had a lot of heavy metals.

Because of the slow progress, even after 80+ rounds, I worked on other parts of my health, which I know by now, I should have prepared before chelation, like my gut and liver health and combating parasites.

In a online course I did, chelation with cilantro juice was suggested. I was very skeptical of this, as I heard of adverse effects and it was very much advised against from Cutler Protocol folks. I even warned others against it

But because I was kind of desperate *trap alert*I thought of giving it a try. The guy teaching in this online course healed himself and others partly with the help of cilantro juice. The chemical chelators had strong side effects even on very low doses, so I was tempted to go down the cilantro way.

In the two months of taking small amounts of fresh cilantro juice every three days, I definitely felt some side effects, but phases of feeling better too.
In conjunction with the cilantro I took binders every day as well as vitamin C, E, magnesium and other helpful supplements.

After two months I ran into minor panic attacks in the evening.
They felt like my blood pressure was sinking too low and my heart rate was too low at the same time.
I stopped drinking the cilantro juice for a week and did a round of DMPS to clean my body.
Interestingly I had almost no side effects from that.

Then I wanted to proceed with the cilantro, so four days after the round I drank my standard dose of cilantro juice (30ml/1ounce) once. Two days afterwards I ran into stronger panic attacks and general unwellness that lasted for more than a week.

That marked the end of taking cilantro for me, as it clearly overstressed my body.
I figured that I will go back to the Cutler Protocol as it gave me strong side effects, but no panic attacks. I wanted to reach 100 rounds to give it a last try. Some people only feel lasting improvements after this many rounds.

The first one was not bad at all, but a few days afterwards I ran into having waves of anxiety in the evening while going to bed again. I woke up sweaty in the middle of the night some times.

I made rules not to go too far this time, but I kind of broke them, because I was eager to complete my goal of doing rounds.
For weird heart symptoms I even went to the hospital, to get it checked, but a ECG and blood work came back just fine.

After three rounds I felt quite dysfunctional again. I developed the paranoid fear that I got poisoned from someone at my work, while having no evidence at all. This was clearly a sign that I messed up my brain.

Then I got sick with the flu, like many of the people around me at the time. On the night of the onset I had heart racing, panic and neurological symptoms that lasted the whole night.
While sick, and I never was sick for that long before, I had pain and pressure in my heart region and went to the doctor for an ECG, which came back normal though.
In the month after getting sick I went to the hospital couple of times for heart attack symptoms like a numb left arm, pressure in the rib cage, heart pain and problems breathing, but ECGs, blood work and ultra sonic testing of the heart showed no evidence for heart problems.

My mental capacities went down quite dramatic. I often had phases of being confused and being overwhelmed with organizing my life.

Three weeks after the illness I got huge problems with insomnia. I did not sleep for three days and then only a little with help of sleep aids. The insomnia only went away after three and a half months.
My blood flow became noticeably worse.

Sex drive diminished almost completely.

My digestion, which was not the best before, became worse and I now get bloated after every larger meal.

The joy I have for life decreased quite a bit and I lost track of hobbies I had before.

For some time I had occasional suicidal ideation, but not anymore.

A symptom that I have since then is a pressure on my forehead which I guess is neuroinflammation.

Bloodwork I did showed low thyroid values, lower testosterone and lower vitamin B12.

I do a lot to get better, as I always try to improve my health.

Things do get better over time, but I still struggle with the trauma of all of that.

A big mistake I made was not listening to my body and keeping on doing chelation even though I had panic attacks.

The main mistake was using a technique I knew was heavily criticized with too little care.
It seems that I relocated mercury in more sensitive areas of my body and especially my brain.

Let that be a warning that detoxing heavy metals is no joke.
You cannot run away from a dysfunctional body as it is with you.

If someone has ideas how to recover I’d be happy to hear them.

I'm sorry that you went through this. I don't know what is the best option forward, but have you considered focusing on the fundamentals? Prioritize sleep, diet, and exercise. Try to get as many nutrients as possible from a whole foods diet, focusing on plant-based (but supplementing B12, etc., based on your defficiencies). Do grounding and expose your skin to sunlight in the mornings (also helps regulate sleep). Check your Omega 6-Omega 3 balance. Etc.

Also, I have heard Lithium is an important trace mineral for regulating mood. Black lentils and beans are rich in it.

@PsychedelicEagle Thanks for the suggestions

I prioritized sleep like a maniac. The thing that helped me, apart from my body regulating itself was counterintuitively to go to sleep later and wake up earlier to get more tired. Now I feel  no insecurity about sleeping anymore. It took three and a half months though.

I tried Lithium Orotate, but I did not tolerate it really well.

Posted (edited)

I hope you'll feel better soon, sounds like you've been through a lot 🙏

As someone who's gone through panic attacks in the past, i can empathize with your suffering, it is not nice but it will pass, give it time. Pace yourself slowly and try to go easy on all forms of stimulation if possible. 

Can I ask, when you said your thyroid levels were low, do you happen to have the results? (If comfortable sharing). 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Let your body reestablish itself. Go the gym, eat healthy, sleep well. The body can recover very well but it takes some time.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

Posted (edited)

On 16.6.2024 at 7:15 AM, Michael569 said:

I hope you'll feel better soon, sounds like you've been through a lot 🙏

As someone who's gone through panic attacks in the past, i can empathize with your suffering, it is not nice but it will pass, give it time. Pace yourself slowly and try to go easy on all forms of stimulation if possible. 

Can I ask, when you said your thyroid levels were low, do you happen to have the results? (If comfortable sharing). 

My condition shifted. I am incredibly fatigued right now. At least I have no insomnia any more.

My Thytoid levels:
fT4  1,17 ng/dl

fT3  2,54 pg/ml 

TSH 2,12 pU/ml 

Edited by Ima Freeman

On 16.6.2024 at 8:01 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Let your body reestablish itself. Go the gym, eat healthy, sleep well. The body can recover very well but it takes some time.

I eat very healthy and sleep enough. I too work out twice a week.

But at the moment I have very little energy and going through life, doing the bare minimum is pretty hard.

13 hours ago, nuwu said:

Hi. If experiencing a distressing physical state, safe antioxidants, which do not become prooxidants nor depend on limited reduction potentials, may be SOD, Catalase, and H2 (molecular hydrogen). This is not a medical advice, please do your own research.

I do take 3g of vitamin C a day for antioxidant support

Which antioxidants do you consider being unsafe and why?

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

My Thytoid levels:
fT4  1,17 ng/dl

fT3  2,54 pg/ml 

TSH 2,12 pU/ml 

I think those are all looking pretty normal, mid range. I wouldn't say they are low or high, not even borderline off charts. That fatigue is likely coming from elsewhere.  @undeather hold me accountable to correct interpretation? 

I recall when I was having panic attacks, I lose all appetite and almost stopped eating for up to 3 days. Are you still eating at least twice a day? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

From what I learned, the values listed on the laboratory sheets aren't health values, because they are using every patient as the sample size and then use the bottom and top percentages as limits.
Apparently TSH values above 2 signify hypothyroidism. I'm not far above now, so I'm not worried about that.
I was told by a experienced German doctor via a forum, that fT4 should be above 1.4 and fT3 above 3.3.

I had decreased appetite, but it came back.

@nuwu Isn't normal vitamin C already fat soluble? 

I heard some things about normal ascorbic acid not being the best way for antioxidant support and that one should use more "natural forms".

Posted (edited)

@Ima Freeman  important to look at the units too. There are conversion rates between for example pmol/L and ng/dL. 

Your fT4 is measured in ng/dL - if you look at ThyroidUK for example, an evidence based organisation you'll see 0.7 - 1.4 as a recommended levels in which you are sitting well. 

Your fT3 is 2.54 pg/ml  - according to the above, looking at the correct unit, it should be 3.1 minimum but that doesn't immediately put you at a clinical stage, it is low but probably not low enough for most endocrinologists to diagnose you with anything. 

TSH being just above 2 would still be within the range although I agree with you that you would ideally want to be below 2 but 2.12 definitely does not signify hypothyroidism , there is a progression to that condition and there are degrees of hypofunction. Maybes yours is like 10% compared to someone who comes with a result of 6. 

I respect the opinion of the German expert, just caution advised not to peg yourself into thyroid diagnosis in the absence of more testing. The next tests you should know more about are the thyroid antiboides to see if there is an autoimmune risk - see more on the above link. 

Couple of other things to think about with thyroid; 

• iron levels  - if low, increases risk of hypothyroidism
  • selenium and zinc intake - same as above 
  • do you live in a country where salt is commonly iodised? 
  • vitamin D levels
  • overall psychological stress, and oxidative stress in the body 

I hope you finds the answers you're looking for. 

Edited by Michael569

Have you had panic attacks before? Maybe this is more of mental health thing than heavy metals. Hope you feel better soon tho

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

On 20.6.2024 at 9:43 AM, Michael569 said:

@Ima Freeman  important to look at the units too. There are conversion rates between for example pmol/L and ng/dL. 

Your fT4 is measured in ng/dL - if you look at ThyroidUK for example, an evidence based organisation you'll see 0.7 - 1.4 as a recommended levels in which you are sitting well. 

Your fT3 is 2.54 pg/ml  - according to the above, looking at the correct unit, it should be 3.1 minimum but that doesn't immediately put you at a clinical stage, it is low but probably not low enough for most endocrinologists to diagnose you with anything. 

TSH being just above 2 would still be within the range although I agree with you that you would ideally want to be below 2 but 2.12 definitely does not signify hypothyroidism , there is a progression to that condition and there are degrees of hypofunction. Maybes yours is like 10% compared to someone who comes with a result of 6. 

I respect the opinion of the German expert, just caution advised not to peg yourself into thyroid diagnosis in the absence of more testing. The next tests you should know more about are the thyroid antiboides to see if there is an autoimmune risk - see more on the above link. 

Couple of other things to think about with thyroid; 

• iron levels  - if low, increases risk of hypothyroidism
  • selenium and zinc intake - same as above 
  • do you live in a country where salt is commonly iodised? 
  • vitamin D levels
  • overall psychological stress, and oxidative stress in the body 

I hope you finds the answers you're looking for. 

I have tested for TPO and TG antibodies negatively.
For some strange reasons, I can't tolerate iodine supplementation even in small amounts (<50mcg)

I did an ultra sonic of the thyroid and it showed that my thyroid is comparatively small, although standard medicine only recognizes too large thyroid glands as being a problem 

16 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Have you had panic attacks before? Maybe this is more of mental health thing than heavy metals. Hope you feel better soon tho

I had panic attacks like these last year while doing a parasite cleanse. 

The ones I mentioned above came about through chelation and subsided afterwards.

Posted (edited)

@Ima Freeman im sorry to hear that. My question is, have you removed your amalgams? It is absolutely requiered to do any sort of heavy metal chelation. They have to be removed by a specialized " SMART " dentist, not any random , and then you need to double check for specks with X rays. Once you are 100% confident you dont have any amalgams or accidental specs, you wait 3 months before starting chelation.

If you chelate with amalgams the heavy metals will get redistributed from your amalgams into your body and brain. Period.

If you haven't done removed them, then here is your problem ,but also your solution to get better

https://www.facebook.com/groups/acfanatics/learning_content

here is the link to the full guide. this is the only proper resource to do the ACC protocol. Others may be incomplete or outdated 

wishing you lots of strenght and luck

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter .                    Restful Cube 

@mmKay

I removedtwo little amalgam fillings four years ago by a dentist doing a fairly secure method, not the safest, but quite good.
After all I checked for specks three times. Two times the x-rays where considered speck free by dentists in the Facebook ACC group.