Ramanujan

Does anyone here reached the stage Magician in 9SEDT susan cook theory

14 posts in this topic

does anyone here reached the stage magician in susan cook greuters 9 stages of ego development model

I would certainly place myself there

What on your mind about it?

I dunno what stage i am on anymore, it seems like a combination, which changes the most when i think the most about it. But i am probably somewhere magician

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, QVx said:

I would certainly place myself there

are u really on magician . what is it like.  is it better than strategist stage

what is it like. can u elaborate

Edited by Ramanujan

@Ramanujan it’s a place where you’re stuck between the relative and absolute; between what is and what isn’t. The more you explore the breadth of this level, the more torturous it becomes. Yet the breadth somehow is the depth.

You become conscious of the nature of reality, how it is constructed, but yet seem unable to let go of this construction.

Its like having a finger trap on and while you know that relaxing your fingers will release yourself, you for some unknown reason continue to pull with all your might.

The magician is the one who sees the illusion of reality, and in doing is able to mesmerise and manipulate those around them. Yet like any great magician, the deeper one becomes engrossed in one’s work, the deeper one becomes entangled. Forever snared until they finally lay down their cloak in surrender.

If you are at, or reach, this level then my advice would be to enjoy it. Be the greatest magician you can be! Just know that something even more special lays beyond, something even more profound. Don’t lose sight of this, be prepared to put the cloak down before it permanently becomes your identity.

@QVx I feel like I'm getting to that stage and it feels like being lost in relativism. Hard to make plans as the intellect I was so sure of before now doesn't seem that useful to me. Very confusing stage of life and I'm learning to just let go and surrender to the moment which feels really good tbh but also incredibly confusing. 

Do you relate to that or have any advice for it? 

<3

@QVx @LordFall

how did u reach that stage .

what did u do right .

is there a big upgrade from strategist to magician . what changed

20 hours ago, LordFall said:

@QVx I feel like I'm getting to that stage and it feels like being lost in relativism. Hard to make plans as the intellect I was so sure of before now doesn't seem that useful to me. Very confusing stage of life and I'm learning to just let go and surrender to the moment which feels really good tbh but also incredibly confusing. 

Do you relate to that or have any advice for it? 

@LordFall Intellectual relativism coins quite nicely, although be conscious that the sense of relativism comes from the deconstruction of the thought through awareness itself.

It is the sense of seeing oneself generate the thought to only then deconstruct it a few moments later.

It is NOT an idea coming into your mind and then intellectually recognising it as a thought. It’s a very easy trap to fall into where one believes themselves to be aware of awareness, however they are in fact only intellectually aware of the idea of awareness. This leads to the ego co-opting the experience and trapping you in intellectual relativism.

I repeat, it is NOT an intellectual realisation. It is you beginning to become aware of yourself, you as awareness itself, and through that awareness seeing how the thoughts that arise are not your own. They are but another ‘thing’ happening. When this occurs, you are then able to begin to ease into the experience of being aware of awareness and begin to play with it.

I would highly recommend exploring Terri O’Fallons STAGES model and associated articles which you can find on Stages International. You want to familiarise yourself with Stage 5.0 and 5.5.

I can share more but I’m tired and that’s the best I could do off the top of my head; apologies. 

7 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

@QVx @LordFall

how did u reach that stage .

what did u do right .

is there a big upgrade from strategist to magician . what changed

@Ramanujan it is an absolute monumental step in consciousness. It requires, at its core, a ‘super nova’ event in life to stimulate the radical shift into awareness.

It requires a complete and utter fundamental collapse of your intellectual way of being that you have spent your entire life constructing.

My personal experience of entering into the state of becoming aware of awareness was triggered by a life long depression, 30 years old, coming to a point of suicidal intentions. I consumed just under a gram of N,N DMT in the course of 7 months in order to find the truth; to the extent that I would tell myself I was happy to die for it. The journey completely collapsed all meaning to my life.

The trip that changed everything is where I physically stopped breathing and, as I can only describe, died. I was met with pure bliss for an unknown amount of time before feeling my diaphragm jerk twice causing me to breath and slowly return to reality.

While it has taken almost two years to reach stability in my life since that event, it was the juncture that led me beyond thought, and into awareness of oneself.

What your, or others, path may be will vary and I truly believe that destiny can lead you to who you are.

Not very helpful as actionable feedback, but a perspective nonetheless. 

Posted (edited)

Almost

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, blackchair said:

Is this unitive stage?

Unitive stage would be the expansion of being aware of awareness of oneself to that of all humans. This would be the stage after the magician.

The stages beyond unitive, as expressed as stage 7.0 to 8.5 in Terri O’Fallons STAGES model would be the awareness of awareness of all conscious beings. Moving from the awareness of awareness of conscious beings in relation to the consciousness of humans within Stage 7.0, to the total awareness of awareness of conscious beings as a single form of consciousness as expressed in Stage 8.5.

Stage 7.0 to 8.5 would be where Leo is based. Which one is he is impossible to say as I have no direct experience of this level of consciousness.

22 hours ago, QVx said:

Unitive stage would be the expansion of being aware of awareness of oneself to that of all humans. This would be the stage after the magician.

The stages beyond unitive, as expressed as stage 7.0 to 8.5 in Terri O’Fallons STAGES model would be the awareness of awareness of all conscious beings. Moving from the awareness of awareness of conscious beings in relation to the consciousness of humans within Stage 7.0, to the total awareness of awareness of conscious beings as a single form of consciousness as expressed in Stage 8.5.

Stage 7.0 to 8.5 would be where Leo is based. Which one is he is impossible to say as I have no direct experience of this level of consciousness.

I didn't ask for Leo's stage of development 

2 hours ago, blackchair said:

I didn't ask for Leo's stage of development 

Maybe the post wasn’t all about you.