Rafael Thundercat

Leo Client Boudaries

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey @Leo Gura I know you dont offer coaching sessions anymore neither mentoring. But I wish to make a question just having some feedback and reflect.

Based on your work and the amount of self-work involved to reach Awakening,Understanding, Embodiment etc.. If you would work in 1:1 sessions or a sort of mentoring , would you demand some previou work that the client should at least ready had made into themselfs to be able to work with you? 

For example: people with addictions like Alcool or Drugs, or people with Serious Mental Illnes?

I know that one of your values and one that is mine too is to " Meet the person where he is" and not from where I am. Easy said than done. Sometimes I stuggle to have pacience with people who are stuck in some paradigms and ideological cages. 

But at same time, would be hard to work with someone who dont even took care of some of his or her basic training in life, or for example dont have the habit to read. 

Basically we cant serve everyone, you are very aware of this by watching the impenetrability of some minds in your own Forum. 

So in your POV. What would be some pre-requisites one individual would need to have in order to make the best from working under your tutelage? 

And what would be the no go's, or what some coaches call " I cant be of good service for you if you....

Like example: My work are for those who...

Are openminded,diciplined, curious,pacient...

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

Mostly the only requirement I found necessary for coaching was that the client be at least 25 years old. Coaching people younger than that doesn't work so well because they are still young enough to just need the basic maturity that comes naturally with age.

Of course I wouldn't coach people dealing with serious mental disorders because addressing that require specialized theraputic training which I don't have and am not interested in.

Coaching drug addicts is also not something I would be interested in, since they need much more basic help.

The basic distinction for coaching vs therapy is functional vs dysfunctional. Coaching is not designed for dysfunctional people but functional people who want to do even better.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.