mmKay

"Other People" are the source of most of my meaning for life (Solipsism Forbidden)

.   26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be okay to be the only human being on the planet?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I repeat- no solipsism talk here

Recently I've been contemplating how important is the existence of other human beings for my human life , and I was shocked to realize that I would not want to be alive for long if there were no other human beings . Even if there were animals.

One- survival would be infinitely harder and less meaningful. 

But I'm more focused about how much meaning is only even possible because of other people existing so that I can relate to them at least once in a while .

Things like personal development, reading , my physical appereance, clothing, my house, my career, building confidence, teaching , learning and explainingu psychology, playing guitar, dancing, singing , yoga all would be less fulfilling or even absolutely pointless if it was not for other people . 

I share this because aparently I was kidding myself not having " meaningful connection with other people " anywhere in my top 10 value list. It's a weird paradox where its certainly not my top value, but simultaneously if socializing didn't exist, none of my top values would be meaningful.

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Maybe this is why solipsism is forbidden ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@mmKay You are so united with others, that self and not self become One.

There is some ego backlash for sure, but you'll get over it and what's there in the other side, well, take a wild guess?

I share this because aparently I was kidding myself not having " meaningful connection with other people " anywhere in my top 10 value list. It's a weird paradox where its certainly not my top value, but simultaneously if socializing didn't exist, none of my top values would be meaningful.

This is the same insight behind Maslow's hierarchy of needs. TIll the insight doesn't arrive, till the Awakening just is Awake. This is our best

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

Things like personal development, reading , my physical appereance, clothing, my house, my career, building confidence, teaching , learning and explainingu psychology, playing guitar, dancing, singing , yoga all would be less fulfilling or even absolutely pointless if it was not for other people . 

Those things wouldn't even exist without other people. Anyone who says they don't need other people (in any senses) are utterly deluded.

57% paranoid

Posted (edited)

@mmKay Without other selves, what do you need your face for? Your body, species, sense of self, without other observers to keep your form grounded, you would slowly dissolve into the cosmos. But it's all Identity, as an ego you shape your environment and interact with the world, as god you create worlds and inhabit personalities. Having other egos around sure spices things up, as you now become a subject in contrast, but someone without attachment to others would find amazing freedom and happiness in exploring a world on their own or creating it.

But it would be hard for me to bear both the conditioned loneliness through the lack of others and the limitations of a physical body without the help of others trying to survive just like that. Also, technology, communication, ideas, art, my identity is highly dependent on the modern world.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

Of course, a human is not an individual, he is a part of a hive entity. a human alone is worth less than a worm larva. We are processors who lend our processing capacity to the collective ego, we are plugged into the matrix, and we must flow with it or our lives will be miserable.

There are some individuals, very few, who are true hermits, capable of finding fulfillment in absolute solitude throughout their lives. extremely few people have that mental configuration, most of us are absolutely addicted to the matrix, and there is no problem with it.

About the question of the meaning, 100% , all the meaning are the others. Without the others, there is no meaning. No meaning could be the perfection, enlightenment. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

If everyone died I would feel a huge sense of relief because I no longer have to bear the burden of Everyone’s suffering.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, mmKay said:

I repeat- no solipsism talk here

Recently I've been contemplating how important is the existence of other human beings for my human life , and I was shocked to realize that I would not want to be alive for long if there were no other human beings . Even if there were animals.

One- survival would be infinitely harder and less meaningful. 

But I'm more focused about how much meaning is only even possible because of other people existing so that I can relate to them at least once in a while .

You should not base your existence on whether or not there are other people.   This indicates a serious lack of self esteem.  You need to be able to be  happy even if you were completely alone.  This means you find happiness within not eternally.   It is very, very vital.  Work on that.  Just work on being happy regardless of others.  Others don't live the life you do, or experience what you do.  Others don't have any impact on whether you cut the grass or go to work or not.  Others are not in this mix.  It is up to you to do those things. 

At the sane time it is ultimately God's disdain for being alone that leads to the egos disdain for it.  It is not something God chose.  But God is stuck with it because he is God.  So aloneness is one of the biggest issues that God has.  And so- he latches on to other people and what others think.  It's a lot easier to please others than to actual take the time to love one's self.  But then if one does that he has to admit that he's alone.  It's a tough pill to swallow but ultimately a necessary one.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Conversations here tend go in an unnaturally woo woo / insufferable way outside the spirituality section, so I will keep my message pragmatic and de mystified.

Basically from a young age due to our upbringing many of us come to the conclusion or assumption, due to our lack of reasoning abilities as a child, that we need other people to be whole and complete. This isn’t to be mistaken with any sort of survival process which is predicated on many other people and our own skills and the resources around us. 

but any disharmony / painful emotions  you may experience when you are not receiving attention and approval from other people in your life such as a partner, friend or parent is your own creation. You have some sort of belief about needing other people in your life to be happy / whole / valuable, which is untrue. 

now this doesn’t mean we have great appreciation for everyone. Each human is unique and different and valuable and there is a ton to do and see with other people, and people can serve as a powerful mirror towards us as well. So I’m not saying human relationships aren’t a part of a sort of balanced way of living, but do you NEED them to give you value and purpose in life? No, you choose to doubt your own self worth and natural wellbeing whenever you put other people as a mandatory requirement in order to feel happy and good. 

The scale of consciousness is infinite and I don’t really include enlightenment ( realisation of solipsism) on that scale.

Enlightenment, source realisation or a full awakening of the source is the complete cessation of all consciousness and dream. It’s the stilling of all motion, frequency, thought and condensing of the scattered awareness back into a singularity. There is absolutely ‘no thing’ there. It’s not emptiness, it’s full of potential waiting to burst into manifestation. There is nothing to learn there, there is nothing to do there. It’s just a dim awareness sitting in bliss before it turns back on itself in a feedback loop creating consciousness ( a first knowing or ‘I am’) , within consciousness, everything is a fractal iteration, exploration of consciousness and form without ever exceeding that initial boundary. When you realise the truth, you remember there was nothing so you come back and explore the infinite dimensions and states of consciousness and slap yourself in the head as you remember that is what you set out to do in the first place and you’ve gone full circle. Then Buddha sits up and starts laughing as he is back and remembers the absurdity of his infinite mind 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I fantasize about this all the time. It would be so freeing being the only person.  That's what hermits think also. 

Relationships and connection is probably one of the greatest sources of happiness for humans. Its why I think it is so tragic that people are being priced out of having children nowadays. Nearly everything aspirational that people do are meaningful because it is a contribution to someone else's life. That is a lot of where the excitement and meaning of a life purpose comes from. Contribution. It is why people are willing to die in wars so that future generations can enjoy peace and freedom.

Posted (edited)

There's a bunch of wires in your mind, you can link emotions to senses to actions to patterns any way you want, its a playground that's become subconscious. You might have wired the idea of others into your happiness center, but that's nothing detachment can't fix if you access a higher state of awareness that resets all your desires and lets you rewire your happiness. On the other hand, it's as arbitrary as any other desire and self-compassion turns into compassion for others which are externalized aspects of the self, when all need dissipates, everything is love.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

It depends on how Aware You are, the Intensity of Your Awareness, only if the entire planet was Lifeless, no Humans, no Animals,  no plant or tree life, no insects, fish, etc, then You would be "Totally" alone, but if no Humans only were not around but all other life was here, and you were highly Aware, then it would be okay in my book... 

Being "Addicted" to anything is no so good, especially this modern life, its not very healthy for us and all I see everyday out in the world is ppl with their heads down in their phones, and ppl searching for outside fulfilment but I also see that in this country I live in everything is here already provided and in basic terms its a paradise of sorts, we have freedom of movement, everything is provided and there, so if this is so why are more mental health problems arising? No so good imo...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

On 16/06/2024 at 0:16 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

There's a bunch of wires in your mind, you can link emotions to senses to actions to patterns any way you want, it’s a playground that's become subconscious. You might have wired the idea of others into your happiness center, but that's nothing detachment can't fix if you access a higher state of awareness that resets all your desires and lets you rewire your happiness. On the other hand, it's as arbitrary as any other desire and self-compassion turns into compassion for others which are externalized aspects of the self, when all need dissipates, everything is love.

I absolutely love this. I experienced it last week during a very strange and intense set of emotions, trying to redirect them inward and upward instead of outward and inappropriate. It resulted in self confidence and the heart opening that then accepted all others into that sphere of love so unconditionally I’m at a loss for words to describe it. It’s like I’ve fallen in love with all the others, not to want, attach or possess them but just love them.