Lila9

Male VS Female spirituality

105 posts in this topic

What is male spirituality? How do you define it?

What is female spirituality? How do you define it?

I have heard from a female spiritual teacher that I am very fond of that male spirituality is about stillness and reaching a no-mind state, while female spirituality is about being immersed in life itself, creative pursuits, and rituals.

Do you agree or disagree?

I am very curious about it right now.

Which type of spirituality do you prefer/practice? Do you balance both or stick with one?

Do you think that your biological gender is a crucial factor in whether you practice male or female spirituality, or does it not matter?

👽

It's an older one, but a good starting point for research and contemplation

Posted (edited)

Existence has these two polarities. Male, female, left brain, right brain, Shiva-Shakti, stillness and dynamism. Emptyness and love. Buddha and Christ. Creativity and destruction. Life and death. Introvert and extrovert. 

The masculine way is to not take any responsibility for anything at all. So you become more and more distant, you renounce everything. You distance yourself from your mind and body also. And you become zero. Just primordial space that doesn't react to anything. 

The feminine way is to take responsibility for everything. So you become more and more inclusive and loving. The more you take responsibility for others, the more your heart expands and love overflows. Until you take responsibility for the whole universe and become infinite love.

Masculine way is to observe the phenomena with absolute dispassion and attention, and realize that it's all appearing and disappearing in nothingness. Feminine way is to be so involved in the dance of creation that you lose yourself in it and become one with it. Love carries you away... 

Passion and dispassion are the two sides of the same coin. Passion is love, dispassion is awareness. You can cultivate both. Only if you have both do you actually attain to final enlightenment. The enlightenment of a bodisatva and a rainbow/ascension body. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Do you think that your biological gender is a crucial factor in whether you practice male or female spirituality, or does it not matter?

Males will more likely to resonate with analitical Peter Ralston kind of environment and type of spirituality. Discipline and cold awareness, and inquiry. 

Femeles are more likely to resonate with New agey type of spirituality. Tarot reading, prayer, helping others, relationships, manifestation, rituals, healing etc. 

But if you wish to become a fully realized human being you will have to embrace both eventually. Because we are both masculine and feminine. 

After the shift that happened on 2012 a new age is coming where feminine spirituality is on the rise. Some say you will see this exploding more and more especially after 2027.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Males will more likely to resonate with analitical Peter Ralston kind of environment and type of spirituality. Discipline and cold awareness, and inquiry. 

Femeles are more likely to resonate with New agey type of spirituality. Tarot reading, prayer, helping others, relationships, manifestation, rituals, healing etc. 

But if you wish to become a fully realized human being you will have to embrace both eventually. Because we are both masculine and feminine. 

After the shift that happened on 2012 a new age is coming where feminine spirituality is on the rise. Some say you will see this exploding more and more especially after 2027.

Do you think this is crucial to balance the both? I have seen that some people gravitate towards either masculine spirituality or feminine spirituality and they seem content but who knows.

What has triggered the shift of the female spirituality?

👽

9 hours ago, OmniNaut said:

It's an older one, but a good starting point for research and contemplation

Thank you

👽

7 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Existence has these two polarities. Male, female, left brain, right brain, Shiva-Shakti, stillness and dynamism. Emptyness and love. Buddha and Christ. Creativity and destruction. Life and death. Introvert and extrovert. 

The masculine way is to not take any responsibility for anything at all. So you become more and more distant, you renounce everything. You distance yourself from your mind and body also. And you become zero. Just primordial space that doesn't react to anything. 

The feminine way is to take responsibility for everything. So you become more and more inclusive and loving. The more you take responsibility for others, the more your heart expands and love overflows. Until you take responsibility for the whole universe and become infinite love.

Masculine way is to observe the phenomena with absolute dispassion and attention, and realize that it's all appearing and disappearing in nothingness. Feminine way is to be so involved in the dance of creation that you lose yourself in it and become one with it. Love carries you away... 

Passion and dispassion are the two sides of the same coin. Passion is love, dispassion is awareness. You can cultivate both. Only if you have both do you actually attain to final enlightenment. The enlightenment of a bodisatva and a rainbow/ascension body. 

Thank you, this is very informative.

👽

@Lila9 I think one important aspect of feminine spirituality is devotion and surrender, which people don't talk about enough these days.

Spirituality is feminine by essence.

The devil is in the details.

I love both . But lately female spirituality has had more impact on me. Getting a tarot reading had an immediate impact on how I live my life, whereas insight meditation and contemplation has been getting me stuck in thought loops.

2 hours ago, creativepursuit said:

@Lila9 I think one important aspect of feminine spirituality is devotion and surrender, which people don't talk about enough these days.

Interesting, I actually have heard it a lot. What type of spirituality you practice?

👽

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Spirituality is feminine by essence.

Maybe in relation to the physical paradigm, spirituality is perceived as more feminine. Do you see yourself as spiritual?

👽

1 hour ago, Oppositionless said:

I love both . But lately female spirituality has had more impact on me. Getting a tarot reading had an immediate impact on how I live my life, whereas insight meditation and contemplation has been getting me stuck in thought loops.

That's wonderful, thanks for sharing. 

👽

2 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

Maybe in relation to the physical paradigm, spirituality is perceived as more feminine. Do you see yourself as spiritual?

I meant that the main difference between men and women is physical anxiety, any kind of curiosity is basically driven by of anxiety and spirituality is the epitome of this phenomenon.

Men are more « whole », have a higher ability and tendancy to avoid ego hypertrophy and therefore will be less interested into these subjects. 

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

Masculine will be focused on raw truth and cutting through all the bullshit and spiritual fantasy. More grounded and conservative.

Feminine will be more about emotional connection and relating to others in a loving and nuturing way. More imaginative and liberal.

Father vs Mother.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Female spirituality is shaking your ass to release stored emotions

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Feminine will be more about emotional connection and relating to others in a loving and nuturing way. More imaginative and liberal.

O.o I think this is a gross misunderstanding. What does relating to others in a loving way have to do with serious spirituality? It's more of a side product or a tangent. Feminine spirituality can be total surrender, devotion, sacrifice - to the point of God utterly taking you over. Going with the Flow. Radiant Energy. Free Spirit. Luck and synchronicity. Godlike unfiltered expression. Embrace. Et cetera.

I recommend the book Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver. A perfect description of feminine spirituality in my view.
(The core of the book is simply great. She does make a mention of crystals, astrology and shit like that though, but don't let this turn you off.)

I resonate with a more feminine path more than most people here.

top-of-the-world-robyn-chance.jpg

3 hours ago, creativepursuit said:

^ This

This forum is way too stuck in the mind lol. By which I mean "the masculine way". If you ain't ever taken over by the magical flow of life and you never let yourself be seduced by its superiority, love, beauty, unpredictability, perfection  - you're missing out. 

Posted (edited)

You won't reach Truth without surrender. So this is not unique to the feminine.

The biggest thing I notice is that the feminine isn't interested in truth, it's interested in feeling and human connection instead. Because that's what's needed for raising children.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Masculine will be focused on raw truth and cutting through all the bullshit and spiritual fantasy. More grounded and conservative.

Father vs Mother.

The way you describe both of them, the masculine spirituality sounds like the real spirituality while the feminine spirituality sounds like spiritual bypassing or some caricature.

Could it be that both masculine and feminine forms of spirituality are focused on Truth but has different strategies to reach it?

Could it be that masculine form of spirituality is trying to access Truth through the mind/the intellect while the feminine form of spirituality is trying to access Truth through intuition and connection to the body?

👽