Tudo

If this is just a dream and nothing matters, why I should be good to other people?

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I contemplated a lot about it but didn't find a final answer.

Edited by Tudo

If you go meta and take an observers point of view, does a human life seem better when it is selfish or generous? A selfish life creates a life of hell.

Posted (edited)

Coz there's no true separation, so you're doing it to yourself basically. It may not be immediately felt that way if you're not that conscious, maybe not until you leave this body for many people.. but it would be felt that way if you are.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Posted (edited)

Morality is one of the tools you have to wake up from the dream. Ethical and moral conduct is associated with mental equanimity and higher states of consciousness in eastern religious philosophy, leading to enlightenment. The noble eight fold path in buddhism deals with moral actions such as right speech and right effort designed to attained enlightenment or wake up from the dream. 

Rajini Menon is a recent enlightened sage who attained enlightenment through adherence to virtuous or moral conduct at all times. 

Nihilism is a license for immoral conduct which can ensure that one is trapped in the nightmare at all times without a chance for waking up and getting relief. 

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

Posted (edited)

My theory is that  consciousness always tries to connect to itself, the only way it works best is through good love, not  through abuse, killing and etc

It's intrinsic to consciousness, so the higher the level of consciousness of a being, the more loving he will be.

Edited by Tudo

Posted (edited)

Its a question of how much do you love "others"/yourself 

Edited by GLORY

Just now, GLORY said:

Its a question of how much do you love "others"/yourself 

Yes, but my point is that when we act lovingly towards other people, we are often acting out of an egoic place. I want to know that I love people not because I am them, but because it's the right thing to do.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Ajay0 said:

Morality is one of the tools you have to wake up from the dream. Ethical and moral conduct is associated with mental equanimity and higher states of consciousness in eastern religious philosophy, leading to enlightenment. The noble eight fold path in buddhism deals with moral actions such as right speech and right effort designed to attained enlightenment or wake up from the dream. 

Rajini Menon is a recent enlightened sage who attained enlightenment through adherence to virtuous or moral conduct at all times. 

Nihilism is a license for immoral conduct which can ensure that one is trapped in the nightmare at all times without a chance for waking up and getting relief. 

I think following moral rules is good when you are at a low level of consciousness to improve your life but I am not sure that it help you increase your consciousness that effectively for most people. If you meditate, contemplate, and get life experience surround yourself with higher consciousness people, it becomes the obvious choice to act in ways that other people will view as moral. it isn't that you should follow moral rules strictly to avoid going to hell after death, it is just that you act in a moral way based on what you see will give you a life with as much bliss and satisfaction as possible.

Edited by Jordan

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I think following moral rules is good when you are at a low level of consciousness to improve your life but I am not sure that it help you increase your consciousness that effectively for most people.

Moral conduct and virtues are considered austerities in themselves hard to perform as per eastern religious philosophy, and this is why it may not be effective for most people. Self-mastery is a necessary element within oneself for virtuous conduct and this can be hard for most people.

However it is considered necessary as a base for further spiritual growth and enlightenment.

Ethical discipline is a necessary pre-requisite for philosophical enquiry and Self-realisation. Ethics is an enquiry into the nature of good and is concerned with an analysis of the concepts of good and bad, virtue and vice, right and wrong. ~ Swami Sivananda

Ethics lead to restraint of the lower self and thereby the mind is calmed. Through calmness of mind, discrimination dawns and one knows the Self. Without ethical perfection there is no spiritual progress. ~ Swami Sivananda

Behavior influences consciousness. Right behavior means right consciousness. ~ Taisen Deshimaru ( Zen Buddhist master and founder of Association Zen Internationale. )

If you meditate, contemplate, and get life experience surround yourself with higher consciousness people, it becomes the obvious choice to act in ways that other people will view as moral. Not that you should follow moral rules strictly to avoid going to hell after death, it is just that you act in a way that gives you a life with as much bliss and satisfaction as possible.

Yes, meditation, contemplation and noble company are considered legitimate ways to attain enlightenment alongside virtuous conduct. 

Although I should add that making a good moral choice depends on your environment. The right choice is often to be a bit more more selfish than you normally would if you are around selfish people and a harsh environment. If you are in a good environment with people that already act morally it makes being moral 100x easier.

@Tudo I don't believe you can solve that by contemplating, but by experience.

Be an asshole and see where it gets you.

Be a nice people pleaser and see where it get you.

Find a balanced middle ground with some morale standards that sufficiently satisfy your needs.

Then contemplate the experiences.

44 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Although I should add that making a good moral choice depends on your environment. The right choice is often to be a bit more more selfish than you normally would if you are around selfish people and a harsh environment. If you are in a good environment with people that already act morally it makes being moral 100x easier.

Yes, ethics or morality does not mean total self-lessness. 

As a parkor saying goes, 'Be strong to be useful' ( “Etre fort pour être utile” ) .  One must be selfish initially or at times to ensure optimal strength and growth. It is the strong who can help or love, not the weak. 

1 hour ago, Tudo said:

Yes, but my point is that when we act lovingly towards other people, we are often acting out of an egoic place. I want to know that I love people not because I am them, but because it's the right thing to do.

That is actually a great desire you have to be loving because it is the right thing to do and not for egoic reasons. Consider contemplating what “the right thing to do” is directly in your experience. 

2 hours ago, Tudo said:

I contemplated a lot about it but didn't find a final answer.

Before, you think of this, you must realize everything and everyone is you.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Tudo said:

I want to know that I love people not because I am them, but because it's the right thing to do.

with realization that its a dream, love comes naturally 
and when you act lovingly you act based on this truth 
because others do also belong to god and god is love 

Yeah you are right, You could also put your penis on a rock and hit it with all your strength with a hammer 3 or 4 times. who cares?

Because you still feel like it matters

He has an existential question here and just a few address this.

Most people here don't understand.

Perhaps because they are the manifestation of the Holly Spirit? Holly brothers and sisters leading you home, which, in truth, we have never left. 🕊️🕊️🕊️🖤🖤🖤

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

Only because you want to.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.