enchanted

Latest blog post about child prodigies.

329 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Alan Watts was another charlatan. A bit out of the blue, but paying attention to what he's doing makes it clear.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

These are human parlor tricks, not serious consciousness of anything.

That's certainly possible. From our perspective, we're just looking at a man laying on a bed. You made a statement a few weeks ago that really rings true. Someone was asking you if a certain person was awake in your opinion, and you said something like "It's hard to know who knows what." Barring some kind of sixth sense that lets you track others' attainments, who could really say?

Though with the reduction of brain waves being tracked by the device, it'd be fair to say he's at least probably experiencing an altered state, and possibly a form of samadhi.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

Alan Watts, another charlatan. Waste of time. 

A bit out of the blue, but that someone would listen to him is another red flag that they're not paying close attention.

Well jeez lol, I do kind of enjoy listening to his audio recordings. His talks are entertaining, and he has a way of artistically stringing words together that can sometimes expand my mind beyond the conceptual.

Is there a darker side to Alan Watts I'm not aware of? I've heard he was an alcoholic, but I don't know much beyond that.

Edited by What Am I

2 hours ago, What Am I said:

Good point, this is probably how it should be, where the freedom from a contracted self is pursued first and foremost. My spiritual journey is a good example of how you can get sidetracked and distracted for 20 years. Either from psychedelic use, or from pursuits of spiritual attainment not directly aimed at liberation. I think doing so has created a kind of ripple effect that's actually made life more difficult than it should have been. Possibly through the metaphysical mechanism of karma, due to tapping into higher things while still having that small sense of self.

I think that psychedelic are extremely useful if your goal Is the liberation of your true self. Identify the chains and break them. If your goal is understanding, or exploration and you are still a prisoner of your human chains, you will get confusion.

Saying that psychedelic are this or that is nonsense, depends totally of the user. Maybe wilber found some people who got evil, or anything using psychedelic. How many? Hundreds? 😅 I don't think so. Let's be serious, the experience in this area is very limited, then doing categoric statements is a mistake

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I think that psychedelic are extremely useful if your goal Is the liberation of your true self. Identify the chains and break them. If your goal is understanding, or exploration and you are still a prisoner of your human chains, you will get confusion.

I think that's very true when the psychedelic in question is 5meo. I've found it helps with exactly what you're describing, with the caveat that you at least vaguely comprehend what you're aiming for and apply your efforts in the right way, both during and outside of psychedelic use.

It might be less true of other psychedelics though, at least in my experience. They lack the same push towards the natural human process of enlightenment, and instead seem to veer off in other directions of higher development. I've made more serious progress in my relatively short time using 5meo than all the other years combined. It's a beast in showing the way and opening up the human potential.

Posted (edited)

Well jeez lol, I do kind of enjoy listening to his audio recordings. His talks are entertaining, and he has a way of artistically stringing words together that can sometimes expand my mind beyond the conceptual.

Is there a darker side to Alan Watts I'm not aware of? I've heard he was an alcoholic, but I don't know much beyond that.

It's entertaining mental masturbation. Of course people like him. You'd be better off with someone doing real work like Adyashanti. 

Edited by UnbornTao

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

and it is not awakening.

Alriiiiiiight  xD

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

These are human parlor tricks, not serious consciousness of anything.

One more human parlor trick. Called Cessation, Nirvikalpa or Nirvana:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thích_Quảng_Đức

Nothing to see here. Nobody worry. It is not serious consciousness of anything. ^_^

Since he was already soaked in it, the guy in die video didn't need some schmuck...

...selling Water by the River

Posted (edited)

@Water by the River 

No matter what state or experience you're in, however powerful or healing, that isn't enlightenment. This is like siddhis. Nice tricks but ultimately distractions.

It is not a perception either. What you're referring to is a function of mind. It belongs to the domain of mind control.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Nothing to see here. Nobody worry. It is not serious consciousness of anything.

Again, you make the mistake to equating these things with consciousness.

You have no idea what that guy was conscious of or not.

The transcendence of pain is a very narrow specialized form of consciousness. It doesn't mean you understand anything about the higher functions of God.

To reduce consciousness to such material tests and gimmicks is reductionistic and simple-minded. Consciousness is way more complicated than that and because be measured or reduced in such ways.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

I've made more serious progress in my relatively short time using 5meo than all the other years combined. It's a beast in showing the way and opening up the human potential.

That's true. It seems like something designed exactly for that. how do you use it? vaped? what dose?

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, you make the mistake to equating these things with consciousness.

You have no idea what that guy was conscious of or not.

Yes. He was probably thinking about dinner. While burning alive.

Nirvikalpa?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi

Unlikely.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Yes. He was probably thinking about dinner. While burning alive.

Nirvikalpa?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi

Unlikely.

You are parroting one state of consciousness out of millions. So what?

You are the only attaching meaning to these states.

Edited by Leo Gura

24 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Alriiiiiiight  xD

One more human parlor trick. Called Cessation, Nirvikalpa or Nirvana:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thích_Quảng_Đức

Nothing to see here. Nobody worry. It is not serious consciousness of anything. ^_^

Since he was already soaked in it, the guy in die video didn't need some schmuck...

...selling Water by the River

That guy may be trained to endure pain and have the belief that if he does what he did he will have advantages in the future life, and that is all.

13 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@Water by the River A nice mind trick. No matter what state or experience you're in, however powerful or healing, that isn't enlightenment. This is like siddhis. Fun, but nothing more than that, in the same way that a distracted state is more true than a joyful one, etc. It is not a perception either.

Cosmologies are nice but I wouldn't trust them that much.

;) 

Since Millenia every meditation traditions holds that states like cessation or Nirvikalpa are important states of the mindstream on the path to Realization.

That was, until UnbornTao came, and finally cleared up with that misunderstanding, and that Samadhi-states like Nirvikalpa are fun, but nothing more.

Luckily, now we got that solved ^_^

Posted (edited)

@Water by the River If you get to claim that some states are valuable to realization, then so do I.

Watch your double-standards.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Water by the River If you get to claim that some states are valuable to realization, then so do I.

Watch your double-standards.

Did I ever write that Awakened impersonal Nondual states are not beneficial (and necessary) for realizing True Infinite Being? I wrote that dozen of times.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/search/?&q=Awakened&author=Water by the River

55 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

It's entertaining mental masturbation. Of course people like him. You'd be better off with someone doing real work like Adyashanti. 

Nice, I love Adyashanti. He's one of, if not my most favorite teacher. His concept of 'true meditation' is a relief from the confinement of typical limiting meditation techniques, and it goes so incredibly well with 5meo use since it already puts you halfway into a realized state.

9 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Since Millenia every meditation traditions holds that states like cessation or Nirvikalpa are important states of the mindstream on the path to Realization.

That was, until UnbornTao came, and finally cleared up with that misunderstanding, and that Samadhi-states like Nirvikalpa are fun, but nothing more.

laughed irl at this. ty sir

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Did I ever write that Awakened impersonal Nondual states are not beneficial (and necessary) for realizing True Infinite Being? I wrote that dozen of times.

You dismiss and ridicule the states I talk about and favor your own states. You do this nonstop. It seems to be your mission on this forum.

Edited by Leo Gura