enchanted

Latest blog post about child prodigies.

329 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Right, I'm with you. An improvement and sophistication of my morality has mostly been a 1:1 correlation with spiritual advancement. It's hard to imagine it any other way, and it's a sentiment shared by most of the traditions. And most important of all, good feels good and bad feels bad lol. So why choose bad?

Yup I'm right with you. One of the reasons why Ram Dass will forever be a true Guru to me. 

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

10 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

everything is now and all, which is True

we can have the dual experiences

These are contradictions. Now is non-dual. Dual is not now.

You can't be a non-dual dualist! Pick one!

You can’t deny that you’re in this duality

What duality? What shape/color/sensation is a duality?

Describe a thought.

10 hours ago, questionreality said:

@Osaid Your explanations are some of the best that I have seen. Even Leo has not been able to refute what you are saying - that's why I really want him to make a video, that will outline his entire position and present his thesis/argument in a comprehensive way.

Appreciate it!

Describe a thought.

5 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Anything impermanent is not worth pursuing” Ramana 

Ramana was quite lazy . all day sitting meditating. it is worth doing, moving and evolving, as is the case. is it worth living? obviously, since it happens

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Ramana was quite lazy . all day sitting meditating. it is worth doing, moving and evolving, as is the case. is it worth living? obviously, since it happens

Some might consider it blasphemy to say it, but I think Ramana Maharshi was overrated for exactly the reasons you're describing. It was obviously an imbalanced attainment if his physical form is deteriorated. I'm not denying his skill in certain areas, but it's probably not a model anyone should strive for.

9 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Some might consider it blasphemy to say it, but I think Ramana Maharshi was overrated for exactly the reasons you're describing. It was obviously an imbalanced attainment if his physical form is deteriorated. I'm not denying his skill in certain areas, but it's probably not a model anyone should strive for.

Yes, when they told him that: after the enlightenment, chop firewood, carry water, he said: ufff, how lazy my friend, I think I have to enlighten myself a little more, you do the firewood thing if you are so kind.

16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, when they told him that: after the enlightenment, chop firewood, carry water, he said: ufff, how lazy my friend, I think I have to enlighten myself a little more, you do the firewood thing if you are so kind.

Lol. Imagine being so lazy that you'd rather have rodents bite at your feet than do work.

Describe a thought.

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

Lol. Imagine being so lazy that you'd rather have rodents bite at your feet than do work.

Seriously, I suppose the guy would reach mystical states of incredible depth. Perhaps total passivity is necessary for such depth, but anyone would think that a balance would be better, we will reach depth when we die. but each one has his destiny, and his was clear

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

Seriously, I suppose the guy would reach mystical states of incredible depth. Perhaps total passivity is necessary for such depth, but anyone would think that a balance would be better, we will reach depth when we die. but each one has his destiny, and his was clear

I'd argue that someone who does the process with attention towards physical health would have the potential to go deeper, since at least part of the spiritual mechanism involves the more subtle aspects of the body. In fact, deep attainment itself causes a flood of vital energy that should keep health more robust, which is kind of confusing when you look at someone like Ramana. I don't claim to understand what's going on there, because it'd be ludicrous to assume he wasn't actually accomplished in spirituality.

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

I'd argue that someone who does the process with attention towards physical health would have the potential to go deeper, since at least part of the spiritual mechanism involves the more subtle aspects of the body. In fact, deep attainment itself causes a flood of vital energy that should keep health more robust, which is kind of confusing when you look at someone like Ramana. I don't claim to understand what's going on there, because it'd be ludicrous to assume he wasn't actually accomplished in spirituality.

I think the same, true spiritual opening gives the body balance and strength, since all energy channels flow perfectly.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Perhaps total passivity is necessary for such depth, but anyone would think that a balance would be better

You Imagined Ramana in order to show you how not to do Awakening. Was God saying to you via Ramana " See, this is one way of Awakening" Ok, now do it differently, please.

5 hours ago, Osaid said:

What duality? What shape/color/sensation is a duality?

The duality in which you’re typing on a keyboard. The duality in which if I come to with a hammer you will duck. 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

1 hour ago, BlessedLion said:

The duality in which you’re typing on a keyboard. The duality in which if I come to with a hammer you will duck. 

What's the duality?

Is "typing on a keyboard" one experience, or two experiences?

Is "ducking a hammer" one experience, or two experiences?

Physicality is not actually comprised of objects. That's just thinking. You don't touch or feel divisions. It's more easy to see this if you are in a pitch black room and your visual field doesn't illuminate any boundaries. Physical touch is just formless feeling, without any boundaries or distinctions.

Physicality also doesn't project itself into what isn't occurring now, unlike thoughts.

What I am trying to say is that my body is not immune to hammers and bullets, although yeah it would be cool if enlightenment transformed you into Neo from The Matrix or something.

What really needs to be grasped is that every single word in all of existence actually points to one experience, not two experiences.

Words and divisions are concepts which aren't experienced. Words and divisions aren't experienced, but rather, words and divisions point to experiences. The hand is never what it is pointing at. But if you take the analogy all the way, the hand didn't create any actual object that it is pointing at either, it is simply just pointing. The pointing and the thing being pointed at are the same occurrence.

Describe a thought.

@Water by the River I would like to see Ken Wilber's current talk on psychedelics. That video is old and gives legit credit to psychedelics more than the cherry picking that you have done. Does anyone know if there are more recent talks or writing on psychedelics by Ken Wilber?

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

I've also been reflecting about the Rupert Spira cheating controversy. Let's imagine it were true, would that mean that all his non dual awakenings are bulshit? I have to confess that I've never gravitated to his teachings at all but the videos  that I saw from him it is also clear that Rupert Spira had some experiences and is in that state to some degree or the other

So if we are strictly in the pov of spirituality we can get some pointers here and there from him to realize non-duality. But we must complement it with life transforming human development and maturity. Know that I remembered, I heard some critics about spiritual bypassing on him before. Whatever, my view on the matter had been actualized and wanted to update my take

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

8 minutes ago, Davino said:

@Water by the River I would like to see Ken Wilber's current talk on psychedelics. That video is old and gives legit credit to psychedelics more than the cherry picking that you have done. Does anyone know if there are more recent talks or writing on psychedelics by Ken Wilber?

Wilber's views of psychedelics are irrelevant since he has never done them.

2 minutes ago, Davino said:

I've also been reflecting about the Rupert Spira cheating controversy. Let's imagine it were true, would that mean that all his non dual awakenings are bulshit? I have to confess that I've never gravitated to his teachings at all but the videos  that I saw from him it is also clear that Rupert Spira had some experiences and is in that state to some degree or the other

So if we are strictly in the pov of spirituality we can get some pointers here and there from him to realize non-duality and also realize the role of human development and maturity in the path. Know that I remembered, I heard some critics about spiritual bypassing on him before. Whatever, my view on the matter had been actualized and wanted to update my take

Spira's teachings are solid as far as basic nondaulity goes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Wilber's views of psychedelics are irrelevant since he has never done them.

I'm not that sure he has never done them. That's the reason why I wanted to see whether it is still the case. If he has never tried psychedelics and just did outward research; then it's pretty irrelevant what more he has to say.

15 minutes ago, Davino said:

I'm not that sure he has never done them.

He says so. I'm not just guessing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Actually, David Godman has said that is not true. I used to think the same thing. But I think we are mostly just judging from the images we see of him. And plus, those are his later years, he was an old man. Apparently he was very active in the ashram and the community he built.

40 minutes ago, Evan Gill said:

Actually, David Godman has said that is not true. I used to think the same thing. But I think we are mostly just judging from the images we see of him. And plus, those are his later years, he was an old man. Apparently he was very active in the ashram and the community he built.

and he penned a hundred or so peerless books, met with hundreds of thousands of devotees over the years to give them personal pointers

what has anyone here done for the world?