enchanted

Latest blog post about child prodigies.

329 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Space said:

@Miguel1 Anyone can make up some accusations and post them on Facebook. Don't give them too much weight unless some more concrete evidence is provided.

"He had lied to his wife about it for months. She left him, then he dumped the young student...".  How would the accuser know this haha??

This is how all these gurus can keep doing their dirty stuff.

How do you think all these other gurus got caught for their shams?

If multiple people report the same thing, there is a case to be taken seriously.

As a guru, a person in authority and power, you should not be having sex with your students, let alone cheat on your wife.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

Better not to gossip and disparage others based on rumors about their lives.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Miguel1 said:

This is how all these gurus can keep doing their dirty stuff.

How do you think all these other gurus got caught for their shams?

If multiple people report the same thing, there is a case to be taken seriously.

As a guru, a person in authority and power, you should not be having sex with your students, let alone cheat on your wife.

Others got caught after serious investigations, not Facebook gossip. If the 'victim' or accuser wants to file a formal complaint, either with Rupert's organisation or the police, then she is welcome to do so, and i'd encourage her to do that if needed.

However, lets say these accusations are true, has Rupert done anything illegal here? Had sex with a student? Maybe they're in love. How do you know? 

The bottom line here is that this a stupid conversation. We know absolutely nothing of the subtleties, details and nuances of the situation. No idea what kind of relationships took place. No idea about Rupert's relationship with his wife. Literally nothing. 

This is also derailing from the threads topic.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

No. Those are all the church and religion that skewed his original teachings, so seem rooted in duality and ego. That’s not what the actual person, Jesus Christ, was teaching. They skewed it for their own gain. 

Check it out; Google “Non dual teachings of Jesus, there’s also “The Lost Years of Jesus” a book about this as well

Yeah, very true. Anyone who isn't aware should look into Gnostic Christianity. The parallels between Jesus' original teachings and Eastern methodologies are striking.

The fact that this still isn't well known is crazy.

Edited by What Am I

I find it hilarious that you guys think that so called enlightened people are not capable of cheating. What makes you think so? 

Non-duality/spirituality does not transcend your biological drive in any way. As any other guru, he has the possibility to sleep with many women.

Who he sleeps with or doesn't should also not be any of your business. It is his choice, and as long as it was consensual, I don't see how it is relevant.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura I would love for you to release a video debunking non-duality, with in depth explanation as you usually do. I think it can save many people from getting into it and wasting their time (as you think)

Edited by questionreality

Lol!

"Rupert cheated on his wife"

"Proof?"

*Shows a private group of a bunch of disgruntled people on Facebook accusing him of spreading nihilism*

Describe a thought.

3 minutes ago, Bandman said:

I don't see how we can assume the classical gospels are made up by the church, but then take those non-dual stories of jesus to not be made up. there's literally no historical reason to assume that.

I guess theoretically there's no way to verify both aren't made up. In fact, from what I understand, it's more likely to be the case that the historical figure named Jesus didn't exist. Gnostic Christian teachings seem way closer to the truth of what's possible in human development though, so I'd lean that way no matter what in comparison of value.

Just now, Bandman said:

What are the precise gnostic teachings you are talking about if i may ask?

To take a swing at it on a very base level, I'd say the notion that we're all one with God rather than Jesus alone being one with God. I think many people here have had the subjective experience of that being true, whether through psychedelics or otherwise.

Now if you're wanting to get deeper into the teachings, I'll admit my ignorance. I've only looked far enough into it to realize Gnosticism aligns with the fundamental Eastern views.

1 minute ago, Bandman said:

such a dualistic universe?

It's not dualistic. That's mistaking the map for the territory.

Ego is belief in separation, which can be unbelieved and seen to never have been experienced at all. Self-inquiry, meditation, etc, helps to "untie" or "dissolve" the belief. Ultimately leading to a clear perception that there was never time or separation, or any entity which had either quality.

There were never dualisms. That's what non-duality tries to get you to see. Like mistaking a rope for a snake your entire life. The snake being analogous to ego/separation.

Describe a thought.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Bandman said:

It's fucked up because Spira presented himself as being permanently in enlightened non-dual consciousness, free from bodily desires. He posits enlightenment as an actual station that can be achieved and that gives one control and always in peace without needing anything. Yet if its all true, he still thinks with his dick about girls in their 20s and makes actual moves on them and cheats on his wife. Of course thats a lot worse than some random dude cheating on his girl because that random dude doesn't revolve his career about a certain station of attained consciousness.

I haven't seen many of your posts, so I don't want to be quick to assign views to you. Is it your opinion that something similar to this doesn't exist? Not the extra bit about peace and not needing anything, but just something called enlightenment itself. Not an end state necessarily, but a spiritual process of transformation.

I'm just trying to get an idea of where you're coming from in the argument. It's not totally clear.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

Like I said, if you want to really find out, do your own extensive research and reach out to whoever you need to reach out to. I just pointed out some quick snippets through my phone while on the go.

I dont have skin in this game. I have already moved on from Rupert Spira due to Leo’s teachings. The cheating was just cherry on top.

For me, if a bunch of people in the community, especially staff members and retreat participants reports such stuff, it is something to be taken seriously, instead of just dismissing it, because your guru is so ”conscious and awakened that there is no way he would do such thing”.

It’s not like this is some new phenomenon. It’s more common than you think among spiritual and religious gurus.

Of course it is.

Edited by Miguel1

1 minute ago, Miguel1 said:

Like I said, if you want to really find out, do your own extensive research and reach out to whoever you need to reach out to. I just pointed out some quick snippets through my phone while on the go.

I dont have skin in this game. I have already moved on from Rupert Spira due to Leo’s teachings. The cheating was just cherry on top.

For me, if a bunch of people in the community, especially staff members and retreat participants reports such stuff, it is something to be taken seriously, instead of just dismissing it.

You are acting like he murdered or raped someone?

Why does it matter who he chooses to sleep with, and weather he is in a relationship or not? It in no way devalues what he teaches imo. 

The problem is you have an illusory image in your head of how enlightened person is supposed to act and live their life. You can not override your biology with spirituality, religion etc, this has been proven over and over again.

1 hour ago, questionreality said:

@Leo Gura I would love for you to release a video debunking non-duality, with in depth explanation as you usually do. I think it can save many people from getting into it and wasting their time (as you think)

How? Id say that Leo agree with non duality, since he says that everything is god. Where is the difference? What those non dualistic teachers says? I can't listen then even I try, in 1,5 minutes I die of boredom. But same with any other spirituality, it's like an allergic reaction 

Just now, questionreality said:

Why does it matter who he chooses to sleep with, and weather he is in a relationship or not? It in no way devalues what he teaches imo. 

Lol. Time for me to log off from this forum for the day

11 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

it is something to be taken seriously

Bro. You're the one who isn't taking this seriously.

If you were serious, you wouldn't be assuming without any confirmation, and you wouldn't be posting screenshots from a private group on Facebook.

You have failed to provide any actual evidence multiple times, and you continuously delegate your own unconfirmed assumption by saying "just research it for yourself, bro."

It's fine if you don't jive with the teachings, but there's no need to forsake your epistemic rigor.

Describe a thought.

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

How? Id say that Leo agree with non duality, since he says that everything is god. Where is the difference? What those non dualistic teachers says? I can't listen then even I try, in 1,5 minutes I die of boredom. But same with any other spirituality, it's like an allergic reaction 

I don't understand it as well, that's why I want him to make a video to break it down. He stated clearly in this thread that he doesn't agree with non-dual teachings and even has a disdain for it 

Just now, questionreality said:

he doesn't agree with non-dual teachings and even has a disdain for it 

Yeah he completely backpedaled away from non-duality now, despite teaching it before. 

He previously regarded it as absolute truth, but I guess he changed his mind? His perception was incorrect maybe? There is always this pattern where his teachings "evolve" and "change" over time. Very interesting! Maybe he wont even believe in solipsism a few years from now.

Can you imagine if a non-dual teacher was like "no, wait, maybe there is duality, or maybe there isn't..."

Describe a thought.